candlelight processional narrators announced

Texzilla

I will fully admit that I went into a perfomance of Jim Caviezel's two years ago telling people "Yea, were going to go see Jesus at Disney World" and afterwards felt like a complete jerk for having such a shallow, jaded attitude towards it. To say he gave a moving reading was an understatement. He even took time to talk about how important Walt Disney was in his life, even though he never met or worked for the man. Just for what he stood for. Really amazing. Sorry to see he's not in the line up this year. We're going back again and I was really hoping to be in the audience when he took the stage again.

SCRacerX70

Looks like a pretty good lineup to me anyway... The first year we went to the CP ('98) we had Louis Gossett Jr. narrate, and his performance was moving. We saw Harry Hamiln last year and once again it was truly moving... and he was choked up a bit at the end (we saw his last performance). This is one of our family's favorite holiday activities at WDW.

prberk

Julius & Boobah said:
What are the Candlelight Processions? DO they red like Christmas stories or something?

It's essentially a very elaborately produced choir cantata (like at church), a Christmas pageant without the "pageant" part. It is a formal telling of the Christmas story from the Bible in song, with a narrator, orchestra, and large choir. The narrator tells the story of Jesus in between carols sung by the choir with full orchestration, including the long, regal trumpets at the some points. It is done at the America Gardens theatre, in front of the America Pavillion, but it is a tradition that goes all the way back to Walt Disney and Disneyland, where it was done on Main Street in Town Square for many, many years, with celebrity narrators from Hollywood or the arts. At WDW, it was done at MK in the early years, just like at Disneyland, until they decided to move it to EPCOT where it is done now, every evening from Thanksgiving until New Year's.

It is a very nice thing. Very moving, I think. It is free, but you can get priority seating if you order a special Epcot dinner to go with it.

Paul

martaraepa

Kirk Cameron!

Haha I love Kirk Cameron! He was soooo cute when I was like 10 and he was 14. I think he went out of style however back in the mid 90's! Oh well! Yeay for fun old actors! :p

claruga

candelight processional

I heard that Cast Members are allowed to audition for the orchestra for this thing. Does anyone know about auditions or whatnot? thanks

GoofyFan1

We look forward to hearing Gary Sinese narrate. I'm glad to see he's back on the schedule. Now I only have to hope he's there sometime during the 12/22-12/31 period.:sohappy:

Horizons78

Grade "A" Funny...
So when do we find out who is on what day?

Also can someone give the details on the dinner - where, what time, what advantage does it give you, worth doing?

Teenchy

Horizons78 said:
So when do we find out who is on what day?

Also can someone give the details on the dinner - where, what time, what advantage does it give you, worth doing?

We should hear soon a more detailed timeline of who will do what days, but anyone and anytime is special.

See this link for details about dinner packages and an overview of the entire CP.

http://www.allearsnet.com/tp/h_cpfaq.htm

Dont miss your chance :xmas:

Skippy

I'm pretty sure no dates like such have been determined yet, and are to be announced sometime in august.

As for dining with reserved seating, after talking with Disney Reservations today, there are three 'tiers' of options separated by pricing. Cheapest is Germany's Biergarten or the Garden Grill in the Land Pavillion. The second 'tier' is Marrakesh in Morocco, San Angel Inn in Mexico, Nine Dragons in China, or Rose and Crown in the UK. The third option is Le Cellier in Canada, Chefs de France, Teppanyaki in Japan, L' Originale Alfredo di Roma Ristorante in Italy, or the Coral Reef Restaurant in TLS. But I don't think reservations can be made until sometime in August, along with when specifics are coming.

Most of this was received from talking with Disney Reservations today, but I could be mistaken on some facts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom