Candlelight Processional 2022?

Touchdown

Candlelight reservations still follow the 60 day rule correct? Or will they open up through New Years all at once on the 6th?

ilovetotravel1977

I was looking at the menus for the participating restaurants and, well, they don't appear at first glance very good, especially for the prices! I think we are going to take our chances and opt for the day-of restaurants.

TheMaxRebo

anyone know what time the dining reservations will open? Is it the same as regular ADRs or is it like a tour where it opens at Midnight? Or some other rather random time?

Comped

Whoopi is there for our date…
She is pretty damn good if I say so myself. Seen her twice before, including once that they filmed for The View, and she didn't disappoint. Trace Adkins, however, did give her a very good run for her money... I'm not sure if it's his accent or the fact that he clearly played it up that really suited him to the show, but I also really enjoyed him!

TheMaxRebo

Was able to book the package this morning, came available a little before 6am (at least first I saw)

Booked Biergarten on Sat Dec 10th - though when I searched for parties of 5 the only option was 3:50 but when I put for 6 I got other options, so have 5:35pm booked

heapster411

I tried to get 12/7 for the Biergarten, had 4:15, but the time I got to confirm, the time was not available. Got lucky and obtained 12/8, 3:45 Biergarten. Started around 4:45AM CST finally got my confirmation @ 5:01AM. Watched a DFB video the other day and AJ said that the window for ADR's opened @ 5:40EST. So, getting up @ the "Hairy Butt Crack of Dawn" was the only way. Right around 4:47AM I got the dreaded can not reach server message on Edge, had better luck on Chrome. Seems Biergarten was the hot ticket! Why does something simple, have to be so hard? At least it was a little better than the fiasco of 2021!!

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
I think it was closer to 4:30 or 4:35 Central - I got my confirmation at 4:39 for a Biergarten on the 5th for the 8:30 show. At least I was able to get back to sleep after that. First time to do this, and I'm excited.

If you're doing the 8:30 show, what is the best strategy for then getting a good place to watch Harm? (I know, I know, my wife and I did not like it when they played the special, but my daughter did. And making her happy makes me happy.)

Touchdown

I think it was closer to 4:30 or 4:35 Central - I got my confirmation at 4:39 for a Biergarten on the 5th for the 8:30 show. At least I was able to get back to sleep after that. First time to do this, and I'm excited.

If you're doing the 8:30 show, what is the best strategy for then getting a good place to watch Harm? (I know, I know, my wife and I did not like it when they played the special, but my daughter did. And making her happy makes me happy.)
Well seeing as the hideous stage will be back blocking the WS plaza that area will be sparsely populated and if you go far enough back, you can see over the stage.

TheMaxRebo

Our plan is just to try to find a spot in the Italy area to see Harm after exiting the theater. Just deal with what view we can, but that generally isn't a bad spot to watch from

Taking way longer for the reservations to show up today. 4:50 CST and still getting the error "We are unavailable to check for available tables at this time"

ppete1975

Not going to happen. Perhaps one night, maybe when NPH is narrating, but that's it. They want people to pay for Epcot entry and pay for the VIP dining ticket in addition to all around the park and the rest of WDW.
People are going to pay for it regardless, it wouldnt impact the parks at all. It would drive people wanting to go in the future to experience it in person. Although it gives them more content, its also advertising.

JohnD

People are going to pay for it regardless, it wouldnt impact the parks at all. It would drive people wanting to go in the future to experience it in person. Although it gives them more content, its also advertising.
I just don't see it happening. It's not like a church that would hit start on their YouTube live stream for their next service. They would put production value into it, start it a half hour early, do interviews, etc. like they've done for other shows like HEA and HarmonioUS then cut to the show when it starts. They would pick a narrator, like NPH, to be a "draw" for the live stream. After that they've got the show that can be watched whenever with that narrator.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom