Cancer's not going to stop us PTR/TR

Hey to everyone out there! :)

I'll explain the title of this thread in a little bit, but first things first. Let's meet the cast!

This is my grandniece, River. She is 2 years old and this will be her first trip to WDW.

576706_10152810550315023_848235015_n.jpg

And this is her older sister, Leah. She is 3 years old and this will also be her first trip to WDW.

946646_10152810548745023_224306463_n.jpg

Aren't they cute? LOL... The both of them have been watching a lot of Disney movies to know who the characters are and are excited to meet up with them.

This is their mother, my niece, Bianca.

150451_10151283679537761_1658012732_n.jpg

Also going will be my folks. This picture was taken during our trip in 2011 at the Crystal Palace.

307441_1997248850862_1461256307_n.jpg

Had a great time during that trip.

Also joining the party will be my girlfriend, Jennifer. She goes to WDW about every other year with her family. However, it's only for a couple of days during the Christmas holiday. This will be her first time going for a full week and staying onsite. She'll also be celebrating her birthday while we are down there.

1012169_10200138330520993_742979505_n.jpg

She's totally rockin' the Star Wars/Big Lebowski mix t-shirt! She's a fan of bowling, Star Wars and, of course, WDW!!! That makes her an awesome girlfriend!

And finally, this is me. My name is Todd and this picture was also taken on our trip in 2011. Obviously, getting ready to enjoy 'Ohana.

408559_2352435690311_1662590425_n.jpg

I know that the date says it was in 2010. However, the date, and time, was not set on the camera that we used. As you may have noticed, I'm wearing a Grumpy Dwarf t-shirt. He is my favorite character. I completely identified with Grumpy growing up. I had a hard exterior, but deep down I have a heart of gold and I'm very loyal, just like Grumpy.

Anyway, my folks, and I, had planned, last year, to take my niece and her two daughters to WDW. However, due to many "life" changing things, we were unable to go at that time. We had promised the girls that we would take them. So, we've managed to get things together and keep our promise to take them this coming September.

Well, about a month to two months ago, my mom had a cat-scan done. The results came back that she has cancer, again for the 4th time. This time it has affected her liver and part of her lungs. After several visits to several doctors, the diagnosis was pretty much the same. There really isn't much that they can do other than treat it with the most toxic cocktail of chemo possible to give her another year or two of life. The chemo is so strong that it will cause chemical burns on the skin. My mom, being the tough person she is, decided to do the treatments and to keep our plans on going to WDW.

Her doctors all agreed that if she felt well enough that she should go to WDW. Reason being that it's a positive influence. That if it makes her happy, it can help in fighting the tumors. My mom, being a huge fan of WDW, said that this cancer isn't going to prevent her from going on this trip. That, no matter what, she was going!

I was glad to hear that. I think she knows that this could be her last time to go to WDW, barring a miracle happening. So, we're going to do our best to make this a great trip for her. Having her 2 great granddaughters there for their first time and seeing it through their eyes is going to really make it special for her.

We've got photopass+ for this trip to take as many pictures as possible. We'll be staying at the OKW resort. We'll have 2 rooms. A studio for myself and Jennifer. A 2 bedroom for the rest of them. I'm really getting excited about this trip and I plan on posting as much as I can about our trip, as well as posting as many pics as I can...

Hope I can make this an enjoyable ptr/tr for everyone to read and follow...

Obi

Original Poster
Monday- magic kingdom.....

it's an early morning. we have breakfast reservations at 1900 park fare. the girls usually take some time waking up, but once they heard they were going to see Cinderella's castle they immediately got up. hmmm.. excited perhaps? LOL...

off we go to the bus stop, we're in the turtle pond area of the resort. we get there at 7:00 am and immediately the magic kingdom bus pulled up. practically no waiting. we all got loaded on the bus and made our way to the magic kingdom to catch the monorail. another first for the girls. they were really excited to ride the monorail and thought it was really cool that it "goes through the building".. LOL.. yes, they were talking about the contemporary resort. here's a picture I took while on the monorail.

monor.jpg

we made the loop on the monorail to the grand Floridian. Bianca, the girls and jenn were all in awe to the lobby of the grand Floridian. we took the elevator down to the first floor and head on over to check in for the meal and got our picture taken. oh, btw, I downloaded all the pics from our photopass cards. figured it would save time that way. plus, it gives me a chance to post them here too.

wdw20132596340168_6849336545_18.jpeg

ahhh... leah... the little princess down in front. she practically posed for every picture of her. we don't know where she learned to do that or if it comes naturally to her, but she loves to get her picture taken.

anyway, inside the restaurant we go. we get seated and start to eat our breakfast. not much longer after that is when the characters started to come out and from that moment on. the girls were ENAMORMED and/or mesmerized by the characters!

first up was mary poppins. wow, did she do a great job interacting with the girls and they LOVED it!

mp.jpg

then out came pooh bear. such a willy nilly silly ol' bear... :)

pooh.jpg

quickly bouncing behind pooh was tigger!! river liked tigger the most of the characters we met at 1900 park fare.

tigger.jpg

next in line to meet the girls was alice. she also did a great job interacting with the girls.

LEAhalice.jpg

and finally, certainly not least, was the mad hatter. shout out to the real mad hatter. personally, I thought he was the best of the 1900 park fare characters. he was truly funny!!

leahmh.jpg

not much longer after that, jenn received a birthday cupcake and sang happy birthday to her. my folks got her the soundtrack and dvd of the broadway play chess. she loved it. Disney also got her a card and placemat from 1900 park fare with the characters signatures on them... her birthday was great so far and little did she know just how magical it was to become!!!

back onto the monorail and on over to magic kingdom we go!

Obi

Original Poster
into the magic kingdom we go. they had just finished the opening show before we got there. no biggie. we'll catch it another day. on our way in we decided to take the girls to go meet mickey as you enter the park. not a long line at all. waited maybe 10 minutes and it was totally worth it to see the girls light up when they saw mickey mouse for the first time.

wdw20132606597201_6849365767_18.jpeg

what a way to start their first few moments in the magic kingdom.

we left there and headed back onto main street towards the castle. both of the girls screamed out "there's Cinderella's castle!". they were just beaming and the smiles on their faces were getting bigger and bigger with every step we took closer to the castle... but then we stopped...

and......

I presented my birthday present to Jennifer.....

wdw20132596363752_6849354621_18.jpeg

I got down on one knee and said that here we are in the magic kingdom where dreams really do come true. it's also great that we are in front of the castle because you're my Cinderella and I want to be your prince charming. I love you. will you marry me....

and she said yes!!!!!

now, yes, I was incredibly nervous but I did my best to remain focused on the task at hand. I didn't realize that there was a crowd standing and watching. good thing that I didn't notice it. I might have freaked and not made it through the proposal. however, I did notice it afterward when there were many people applauding. wow! what a moment! needless to say, for the rest of the day we were being congratulated, not only from people in the park and cm's, but from our family and friends who saw the news on facebook pages, etc.

we had our moment.... and it was a great one...

the girls, however, were ready to move on and do other things, ride some rides and meet more characters. so, first thing they rode was the carousel. they loved going around on the horses. made them feel special. we then took them on the it's a small world ride. they just sat there in amazement of everything on that ride. they would sing a little bit with the song, but for the most part they were just in awe of everything there. the girls were having so much fun and wondering what we were going to do next...

well, we got in line for philharmagic, since it was about start. since Donald plays a major role in the show, river was ecstatic. she LOVES Donald! after that the girls rode the carousel again. not a problem. they really enjoyed it. we then decided to get some snacks. we headed back towards main street and they had the show going on in front of the castle. and yes, we stopped to watch it because Donald was up there and river loved seeing Donald... near the end of the show some actual ducks were around the fence we were standing next to. every duck that came buck river called it Donald. LOL... the show finally ended and we were really needing a snack by then, so we ended up at the lunching pad over in tomorrowland.

while we were eating river was getting tired. so, my folks decided to take her back to the resort to take a break and the rest of us would hang out in the park for a little longer. saw push the talking trashcan. figured leah might like that, but it kinda scared her. oh well. can't win them all.... Bianca and Jennifer decided to go ride space mountain and I would take leah onto the wed peoplemover ride. good plan.

lpm.jpg

here she is, as usual, doing some sort of pose. don't know where she gets it from, but it sure is cute some times... as we were riding the peoplemover ride, she noticed that buzz was out and wanted to meet him. ok. sure... we get done with the ride and got in line to meet buzz...

wdw20132596434597_6849359276_18.jpeg

buzz was really cool. had a good time meeting him.

we just got done meeting buzz and here came Bianca and Jennifer after riding space mountain. they had a good time, but all of us were getting really hot and tired. so, we hopped a bus back to the resort to cool off and take a break for a bit. that also gave jenn and I a chance to talk about our day so far and try to get caught up with everyone texting us, calling us and so on.... one thing for sure is that we haven't decided on a wedding date yet, but looking like it'll be in sept of 2014. however, we did decide that Disney world is where we are definitely going for our honeymoon!

after resting for a while, and the girls getting up from their naps, we hopped on the bus and headed back to the magic kingdom to go to our dinner reservations at crystal palace. sorry that I don't have any pics from this. wish I did because they really got into meeting the characters. although they already met pooh and tigger from ealier that morning, they were still glad to see them again and also getting to meet piglet and eeyore. the cm's brought out another birthday cupcake for jenn and another card signed by all the characters. she was so surprised and was extremely happy that her birthday was going to be celebrated all week.

this meal took a while to get through as the girls wanted to meet all the characters and it took a while for all of them to get around, but it was worth it to see their faces just glow! we finally finished up there and went outside. people were already starting to line up for the electric parade. so jenn and I decided to save a spot for everyone while they took the girls over to the new fantasyland to check it out.

they came back about a half hour later and we all waited for the parade to start. off course during the parade the girls were once again mesmerized by the whole thing. just staring in awe and wonderment. yet, the festivities weren't over yet. we stayed to watch the projection show on the castle and finally wishes fireworks display. a good night had by all..

we left the park and headed on back to the resort. this is where it got a little.... ummmmm... disgusting.... there are 5 stops in okw resort. turtle pond is the 3rd stop. well, we get to the first stop and a lot of the people exited the bus. we were sitting near the back. this woman got onto the bus and sat in the very back seat. right before the bus started back up she proceeds to take her shoes and socks off!!! ummmm.. what!?!?!?!?! ok... not tooooo bad, but bad enough, ya know?.. we get to the 2nd stop and a few more people exit the bus. we begin to get going and head to our stop and I hear this clicking noise. I look the direction I hear it coming from... there it was!!! the same woman that took her shoes and socks off was now trimming her toenails in front of everyone there ON THE BUS!!!!!!

GROSS!!!!!!!

I couldn't believe it... but there she was going at it....

thankfully our stop came up soon and we quickly got off the bus and went back to our rooms... bleh!

and thus concludes our Monday at magic kingdom... i'll be back later with an update about Tuesday and epcot! thanks for reading so far.

Obi

Original Poster
whoops! I just noticed in my last post that I posted a picture of the girls with mickey at epcot and not magic kingdom. i'll have to find that other pic of them in magic kingdom with mickey....

Obi

Original Poster
Tuesday - epcot...

i'm, currently, on my lunch break at work. so, I will not be able to post any pics from this day until later when I get home. however, I will try to remember what all happened on this day and post about it.

for breakfast we had reservations at cape may café at the beach club resort. loved the breakfast there. the only issue I have, and it's not really with the restaurants themselves, is that if you have an early breakfast reservation it's a little difficult to get there using Disney transportation. I know that many would say to use our car to drive over, get a cab, etc. which is true. however, my family and I are on vacation and would prefer Disney provide the transportation, especially since some of the money we paid towards the trip goes towards transportation. so, with that being said, just wish Disney provided an easier way to get to other resorts for dining reservations. especially in the mornings. not sure how easy and/or feasible it is to have some sort of resort to resort transportation provided... ok... rant over... LOL...

anyway, we were told that since epcot had early morning magic hours, that it would be open early, that we can go to epcot and walk on over to the beach club. not a problem. we have an 8:00 am reservation and we get to epcot around 7:20 am. we go over to the line where they were lining up people who had reservations for the princess breakfast in epcot. asked about what we needed to do to get over to the beach club. was told to wait in line where we were and they would let people in around 7:45. ok... as soon as they let people in we did our best to walk over to the beach club as quickly as possible, carrying 2 little girls and pushing my mom in a wheelchair. whew!!! made it.. a little late but not bad... we were seated a few minutes later.

yes, it was another character breakfast that the girls LOVED!!! they got to meet Minnie and goofy.... both of them were very lively and entertaining... but then... over came Donald!

river instantly fell in love with Donald! she had the biggest smile on her face! she kissed his beak, gave him a hug and even softly rubbed his webbed feet. she was sooooooo cute... Donald was her all time favorite!!! Donald came at the end of our meal. in fact, they gave Jennifer another birthday cupcake right before Donald showed up. river wanted to share the cupcake with Donald. LOL...

with breakfast finished, autograph books signed and some pics taken, we head on back to epcot.

LuLaSue

WOW!! I am a late arrival and read all of this in one sitting! I am a blubbering mess! Prayers and good wishes to your Mom and your family! Congratulations on your engagement and keep it rolling because your TR is tremendous!

Obi

Original Poster
we walked back to epcot and were thinking about what the girls would enjoy doing, riding and seeing while we were there. we knew the girls wouldn't be as interested in the world showcase, plus we had dinner reservations later at via Napoli, so we decided to hit future world first. so, over to imagination we go. ride the ride in there. I know, it's not as good as the original and it was noted later, but the girls didn't care. they enjoyed it and got to play in the other areas for a little bit. we then took them outside and up the ramp to look at the jumping water fountains. they had a blast there. I managed to snag a pic of the water starting to go over the girls heads. will post that later.

we then went over to the seas area. knowing the loved nemo, we thought they would enjoy it. enjoy it they did. they enjoyed the ride in the building there and also the turtle talk with crush show. they LOVED crush! this was a first for Jennifer too. she's never got to go into imagination, nor the seas. in fact, she hasn't done much in epcot other than test track and soarin' only because when she goes with her folks they try to cram in everything they really like into a couple of days. so, she's missed out on a lot of other things.

after the seas, we head on over to the character spot. the girls couldn't get enough of meeting the characters! got to meet mickey, Minnie and pluto there. they had a blast meeting all 3 of them. during this time both jenn and I were getting a lot of congrats for our engagement and congrats on her birthday as well. she was truly enjoying all the compliments that she was getting. I was happy that she got that. it was great to see that she had a great birthday week.

once we were done at the character spot, we hopped onto spaceship earth, or as the girls call it "the big golf ball". LOL... I still enjoy this ride every time we go there.

we then go to the electric umbrella to grab a quick snack... I saw on the menu a bacon macaroni and cheeseburger.... ummmm.. hmmm.. wasn't sure about that... didn't look appetizing, but who knows.?.?.? it might have been good. however, I didn't order that.. we quickly finished our meals as the girls were getting tired. time to head on back to the resort for a break.

we get back to our room and there, on the table, was a card with a picture of mickey in it for jenn. wishing her a happy time in her celebration there at wdw. she was making out like a bandit with all the free stuff she got... LOL... mom asked us, when we had time, to come on over to their room real quick, because she had a surprise for us. so, we went on over. my folks had bought us an engagement gift. it was a mickey and Minnie engagement snowglobe. really cool! I let jenn keep it as I knew that I would see it again when we get married...

while back at the resort I wanted to check out the pool nearby, so I got changed into my swimming trunks and went on down to swim for about an hour to relax. I love to swim and it helped to soothe the muscles in my legs and feet. jenn was tired and decided to stay in the room to take a nap.

Obi

Original Poster
after a lengthy break period, it was time to head on back to epcot for dinner ressies at via Napoli. love this place! everyone was filling up on the delicious food there. I believe me dad got the veal, which he truly enjoyed. my dad loves to eat and he doesn't get to eat veal very often, so this was magic to him! *looks at the time*...

AHHH!!!! WE GOT TO GO!!!! WE'RE GOING TO BE LATE FOR THE DISNEY VISA REWARDS CARD SPECIAL M&G!!!!!

obviously it is on the opposite side of the park.. LOL... so we quickly hurried on back to innoventions and JUST got there right before 7 and they were closing! whew!!! nothing like working off the meal we just ate! LOL...

we got in line and were one of the last ones to go in. I figured that by this time the cm's and characters would've rushed us through to get it done and closed up, but no... they took their time and took many photos with Minnie and goofy... Minnie saw that we were engaged and gave me a big hug and goofy gave me a fist pump! LOL... many pictures were taken... they did a great job in entertaining and taking their time with us. glad for that.

we left there and had a little bit of time before we would have to get a place to sit for illuminations. so, we head on over to the mexico pavilion to ride the ride there. river loved it as it had Donald duck in some of the scenes. she just loves Donald! LOL... I would say they are of kindred spirits as they both seem to get into a lot of trouble... LOL....

we left mexico and found a spot nearby to wait for the illuminations show. this gave jenn and I some time to talk about possible wedding plans and so on. neither one of us had any idea on where to start other than picking a date, which we still haven't finalized that yet. LOL... oh well... we're thinking sometime in sept of 2014. however, that could be changed to an earlier time depending on how my mom's doing.

then the lights go out and thus began illuminations. still a wonderful show! everyone was pleased to end the day on that note.... LOL.... well, until the rush to get out of the parks and onto the busses happened... LOL...

as we got near the exit I remembered that we forgot to pick up our free 5x7 picture from the photo center. so, jenn and I ran over there and got in line to pick one out as everyone else head on back to the resort. yup, it was very busy and a group of women cut right in front of us... not cool, but oh well.. we picked out a photo of all of us, had it printed out and off we went towards the busses... then.......

then we got stopped by a guy wanting to take a poll... SURE!!!

I've done these before in the past so I had an idea of what to expect....

both jenn and I answered their questions.
one of the questions was to let them know what all rides and shows we have been on that day in epcot. we glady answered that. then we were asked to rate them on whether they were excellent, very good, good, fair or poor... well, when it got to imagination I said it was good. he then asked why we felt it was good. I told him that while I didn't think it was a bad attraction, and it was a first for jenn and the girls to ride it so they didn't know any better, but that I really liked the original imagination pavilion much better and wished they would bring that back. the guy told me that he hears that answer a LOT... well, in my mind I was thinking that if they hear that a lot then what will I take for them to be able to bring it back to what it was. not sure.. overall I gave epcot a really great review....

by this time we were really tired and were ready to go back to the resort and get to bed....

ahhh... no nail clipping women on the bus this time... whew!

the bed was calling my name and I answered it... off to dreamland I went...

next up... Hollywood studios...

LizC

Great report so far, sounds like you all are having a fabulous trip. Congratulations on the engagement!! :)

Obi

Original Poster
here are some pics from Tuesday's adventures....

epcot.jpg

at cape may cafe'.

goofyt.jpg

minniet.jpg

and the kindred spirits... river and Donald... lol...

donaldt.jpg

here is the card that was waiting for Jennifer when we got back to our room for break.

mickpic.jpg

Obi

Original Poster
these are some of the pics taken during the visa rewards m&g

wdw20132606723853.jpeg

my mom doesn't like having her picture taken, but there are a few.

wdw20132606723855.jpeg

wdw20132606723922.jpeg

wdw20132606723923_6849370251_18.jpeg

wdw20132606723924.jpeg

river's all excited because she sees Minnie and goofy... :)

Obi

Original Poster
Wednesday - Hollywood studios....

another day, another park, another early breakfast reservation.

this morning's breakfast will be had at Hollywood and vine. I know that many people on this board have no love for this restaurant, and I don't blame them. as far as i'm concerned, it's decent. not great, because I've definitely had better buffets. however, this trip was started, and mainly was, about the 2 little girls with us and them wanting to, and getting to, meet as many characters as they could. what I thought would probably be the not the best food and character experience in all the character meals we had, this turned out to be one of the better ones. at least by character experience...

again i'm at work, on my lunch break and not able to post pictures from here. like yesterday, I will post pictures in another post(s) later tonight.

the food was alright, but when the characters started coming around, once again the girls got excited. especially when jake the pirate came around. RIVER WENT NUTS WITH EXCITEMENT!!! when she saw jake coming she got down from her seat and started jumping up and down, waving her arms as fast as she could screaming "JAKE'S COMING TO SEE ME!" it was sooooo cute. my dad took a pic of her during her explosion of excitement. when you see it, it will look blurry, but it's not. she's jumping and waving sooooo fast that the picture looks that way.

river ran up to jake and just hugged him and wouldn't let go for a while. she LOVED jake! lol... has Donald met his match with jake? that will be answered later in the week... hehehehe... :)

all of us were happy and excited to see the interaction going on during breakfast. we were experiencing it through their eyes... it was like our first time... so much fun.... needless to say, we spent quite a bit of time there. however, we finally got done and informed the girls that there was other things to do, other characters to meet.

we head on out with full stomachs and that's when the decision making on what to go see/ride first. since we were in the area, and it's one of jenn's must do's, we got on the great movie ride. wasn't sure how the girls would take to some of the scenes in the ride, and they were a little frightened, but they ended liking it and was asking to ride it again. funny part during that ride was in the wizard of oz scene. the wicked witch of the west comes out and does her spiel. river throws her little hand up in the air and points at the witch then says " GO AWAY, MEAN WITCH!".... it was soooooo funny. we all got a good laugh out of that one. that is a memory we won't forget.... :)

anyway, we head out of there and decided to go see the muppets 3d show. another on the must do list. we got there right near the end of the opening show, so we missed that. we get seated, put on our glasses and prepared ourselves for some muppet fun. we weren't disappointed. all the effects were working, that I noticed. the girls were laughing the whole time. such magical moments with them. they really laughed at fozzy bear.

exited the show and leah catches, out of the corner of her eye, the Phineas and ferb m&g. my mom, dad and Bianca wanted to hit the nearby store while we were there, so jenn and I took the girls to meet p&f. this was a moment that leah enjoyed more than river. river was happy to meet them, but she really doesn't know p&f. leah, however, loved to meet any and all characters and this was a moment for her. she enjoyed it, got photos taken and their books signed....

what next, you ask?

well, toy story midway mania of course!!! my favorite ride, btw... :) :)

we got in the standby line and it wasn't too bad of a wait. we waited around 30 minutes. longest time we had to wait for a ride. most of the rides were walk-ons or waited 15 minutes max.... this ended up being the girls favorite ride too. they loved the toy story theme and being able to ride/play at the same time. a lot of fun for them. they talked about it for a long time and wanted to ride it many times. however, it was time to get a quick snack and head on back to the resort for everyone to take a break...

Obi

Original Poster
during our break, jenn and I decided to check out the resort a little more. went to the store and bought a few things. got myself an okw shirt. had a good time just being together for a little while. I do have to say that I did like okw. it's nicely themed. i'm currently in the middle of responding to a survey about okw. there are a lot of questions and had to stop, as it was getting late. I will get back to it at a later time.

after a nice break it was time to go to our dinner reservations at kouzzina's. I think that is how it's spelled. we hopped on a bus to Hollywood studios, and from there got on a boat over to the boardwalk resort. we all enjoyed the nice boat ride over there. just chillaxin'. no rush...

we were greeted with pleasantries when we arrived at the restaurant. I've heard/read many a mixed reviews about the place. some good. some not so good. none of us have been to this restaurant before and we wanted to have a few places to eat at that were not buffets or character meals, since most of them were character buffets... LOL...

I do have to say that I really liked my meal there. our waiter was pleasant, and did a great job! I had the greek styled lasagna. very good. everyone enjoyed their meals. I would mark it as a place that I would go to again. very pleased.

left the boardwalk resort and took the boat back to Hollywood studios. kind of took things at a leisurely pace. checked out a few stores while we got back to the park. then head on over to wait in line at fantasmic. they allowed us to sit with my mom in the very back of the seating area where they had a handicap section roped off. it was the last row, at the top of the seating area, center of the pavilion. kind of nice spot actually. could still see everything and was easy to get out once the show was over.

speaking of the show, it was still great even though there were some differences in the show, from what I gathered from other posts on here that they had to change it to do some refurb on some of the boats and stuff in the show. really missed the boats at the end with more of the characters on there. plus, they also only had 2 of the boats going when the had the princesses/princes coming out during that part of the show. not all 4 were represented. just snow white's and ariel's boats. still a good show and the girls really enjoyed it.

everyone, in our group, went back to resort having a full, fun and exciting day. sleep was easily had for me that night. :)

more to come with pics from that day and onto Thursday where we spent some time in animal kingdom and Hollywood studios... stay tuned... :)

Obi

Original Poster
here are some pictures from Wednesday's adventures.

w1.jpg

w2.jpg

and, of course, here is the picture of river doing the
"jake's coming to see me!" dance.

1017044_3439994495466_1934400133_n.jpg

and this is after a few minutes of seeing jake the pirate.

547257_3440018896076_2088212374_n.jpg

poor Donald.. the battle is on for the heart of lil' miss river... will the victor be jake the pirate? or will it be Donald duck? that answer will come later in the trip....

here are some P&F moments...

wdw20132616813075_6849372794_18.jpeg

wdw20132616813084.jpeg

wdw20132616813090.jpeg

Obi

Original Poster
Thursday - animal kingdom / Hollywood studios...

it's early morning again as we are riding in the bus to the sun peaking out over the savanna... ok.. more like we are on our way to the animal kingdom lodge to have breakfast at boma... my favorite buffet... turns out that it ended up being jenn's favorite buffet too because she really liked the create your own omelet. she got it extra spicy to help open up her sinuses. her allergies were bugging her during the week.

as we got there, jenn and the girls soaked up the atmosphere of the lobby in jambo house. don't blame them because it's a beautifully themed resort. very well done. we eventually got seated at a table and thus began our breakfast adventure. it was just as good as the last time I ate there. love the juice they offer there too.. very good! service was also great! in fact, I don't believe we had bad service at any of the places we ate at during the week.

we finished our breakfast and headed back to the bus stop to wait on the bus to take us to animal kingdom. while we were waiting the girls decided to start playing ring around the rosy. LOL... it was cute... I got a small vid of them playing. will post that later for everyone's amusement.

along comes the bus, we board, and on our way to the animal kingdom we go. today was the day that my mom had her appointment scheduled to have her blood drawn, tests done and the results sent to her oncologist in kc. so, that left us with little time in the animal kingdom, which was ok since a.k. is usually a half day park for us anyway. so, we decided to go over to dinoland to let the girls ride/play over there. first up was the triceratop spin.. they saw that and instantly wanted to ride it. so, Bianca and I took the girls on it. they had a great time. what was funny is that they ask that small children be on the inside of the vehicle. no prob. however, everyone else that was waiting for us were waving and watching as we went by. well, I tried to get river to look the opposite way to see everyone as we passed. she would look a little that direction and as soon as we would get to where everyone else was, that's right, she would look away and miss seeing everyone... LOL... oh well....

after that they wanted to ride the little rollercoaster ride that was there too. can't remember the name of it. however, they were not tall enough to ride it. yes, they were disappointed, BUT that quickly went away as we took them to the boneyard to play around for a little while. they really enjoyed that too. got a couple of pics from there of the girls coming out of one of the tube slides.

once done there we had to decide on whether to see the lion king show or the nemo show, as we only had time left to see one or the other before we had to leave. the adults didn't care which one, so we left it up to the girls to decide.... and they picked.?.?.?.?.?

Obi

Original Poster
off to the nemo show we go....

we got to sit down in front. that made for a spectacular time for the girls as they got to see everything close up. they both enjoyed it and river was telling everyone how she liked nemo and wanted to see it again... however, we couldn't as mom had to get back to make her apt and it was getting near break time for the girls anyway.... so, back to the resort we go.

jenn and I passed the time relaxing and talking. hanging around the resort and checking things out there. it's amazing how much they put into a resort and what all you can do. a lot of the time this stuff is missed due to going to the parks. not that it's a bad thing, just the amount that Disney has put into the whole resort is amazing and how much I've missed and how much time I believe I would need to catch in a lot more of the entertainment they provide.

with everyone back, and fully rested, we headed to downtown Disney for a little while. checked out more shops and eventually made our way to wolfgang puck's restaurant for our dinner reservations. incredibly delicious. loved this place too. the waitress even brought out a special congrats on our engagement dessert for jenn and I... 3 different samples of desserts and they were all very good... was in heaven... :)

from there we hopped a bus back over to Hollywood studios so that jenn and Bianca could ride the tower of terror and rockin' rollercoaster, neither of which i'm brave enough to ride. LOL.. that's ok... gave the two of them time to talk and have a great time.. my folks and I took the girls to go meet woody and buzz at the m&g across from the toy story ride. this, to me, was the ultimate in the character interaction. especially with woody. woody did a tremendous job!!!

as we were getting closer to meeting them, I told my folks that, if woody was up for it, that I would like to engage in a quick draw with him. not much sooner after that the family that was right in front of us went in to meet woody and buzz. the little boy, that I would guess to be around 6 -7 years old said that andy was coming and got down on the floor. now, from threads on here that I've read, I didn't think they would react to that anymore. however, both buzz and woody played along and laid down on the floor for a second too. this was enough for me to believe that woody would play along with a quick draw...

now it was our turn to go in. I let the girls go ahead and meet woody. he got down and played with them for a little bit, gave them hugs and so on. the girls then head on over to meet buzz. as they were doing that I asked woody if he wanted to get into a quick draw with me... he was ALL FOR IT!!! ummm, yeah, I lost... LOL... woody was faster.... that was fun. after that he went over and kissed my mom's hand... I think there's a picture of that too.. woody then came over and pointed at me. well, his hand was close to my just engaged button and I thought that is what he was referring too. so, I told him thanks and that yeah it was a great moment... ummmm... lol... the idiot that I am mistook what he was pointing at.. he was pointing at the girls autograph books I had in my hand... LOL... so, I handed them to him and told him, loud enough so that buzz could hear, that yeah, my brain is all spacey at the moment... LOL.. I looked at buzz and he looked at me and threw his arms up as if to say "what?"... lol... he then put his fingers to his eyes then pointed back at me... after we got pics taken and so on, I went over to buzz and shook his hand and said that we're cool.. all good... :)

after that we were going to take the girls to see the little mermaid show, but they closed for the night. bummer. oh well.. that was ok, because Bianca and jenn were done with the rides they wanted to ride and we set to meet them at the corner of the main streets. while we were waiting leah, who loves to get her picture taken decided to stand on part of the bench and lamppost, asks me and my dad to take a picture of her. so we both obliged and took one. that pic I will also post later.

we met up with Bianca and jenn and decided to call it a night and head on back to the resort. it was still a little early and I wasn't completely tired, so I decided to go swimming for a little while to relax. it was a great night to do so... later on, jenn and I talked some more in our room about wedding planning and that sort of stuff. not much later I went to bed finished off another great day!

Tigger19

Just getting caught up now! Huge congrats to you and Jenn!! I had a feeling you would propose lol It sounds like you had a fantastic time and I can't wait to see the rest of the pictures. The two girls are adorable as well btw :)

Obi

Original Poster
here are some pics, and hopefully a short vid as well, from Thursday.

t1.jpg

a couple of pis of the girls playing in the bone yard.

t2.jpg

t3.jpg

and here is the pic where lil' miss leah asked my dad and I to take a picture of her.

t4.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom