• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Cancelled Shamu Stadium Overhaul?

Mr Disney

Original Poster
Hey everyone!
I heard from a (less than reliable) source that the overhaul for Shamu Stadium has been postponed or cancelled. Can anyone confirm?

Mr Disney

Original Poster
Advertisement
Are you referring to a cosmetic overhaul or the long ago announced orca show overhaul?
Both? Was there a date with the show overhaul?

Animaniac93-98

At last this change is coming...

Given that this is an overnight change, I'm curious how different it will actually be.

Will people still sit in the stadium? Or is the current dining room space becoming a walk-through viewing area?

WildernessLodge

Given that this is an overnight change, I'm curious how different it will actually be.

Will people still sit in the stadium? Or is the current dining room space becoming a walk-through viewing area?
It wasn't an overnight change. They announced the Orca Encounter show to replace One Ocean years ago which means they had been planning it for longer. They started with San Diego in 2017 where the actual stadium didn't change but they changed up the "stage" with new video screens and a few waterfalls and rock work.

I'm not sure why Orlando hasn't gotten the stage updates yet, especially if they transitioning to Orca Encounter soon. No announcements have been made to my knowledge. But nothing will change in the actual stadium. People will still sit in the bleachers for this show (it's still a show, just not as theatrical as One Ocean and more educational) and they will still continue to have the Dine With Shamu experience at the up-close pool.

Top Bottom