CanaDisneyland??? It could happen!

cheezbat

Another one of these posts....

Disney not happening in Canada.
Disney not happening in the U.K.
Disney not happening in Spain.

We all have our dream locations(maybe it's easier for us if it's closer to where we live.). I would've loved Disney to come to Wisconsin, but that will also never happen. I think North America's two resorts are all we'll ever see here.
IF Disney decided to build a seventh resort, I'd figure it would be in Asia again or the Middle East.

Animaniac93-98

Weather really is not the issue. There are plenty of photos of Tokyo Disney Resort and Disneyland Paris covered in snow.

Snow isn't the issue, it's the cold. On days when Enviroment Canada issues an "extreme cold weather alert" (-15 C), you don't want to be standing around outside waiting for parades and fireworks.

Cmdr_Crimson

Haven't we learned what South Park has taught us....
giphy.gif

deix15x8

Any idea why Australia is never brought up for a new location? It's always seemed like a distant enough location to not take away from the existing resorts while also offering a unique plan to draw people from around the world to visit and add a Disney trip to.

Minnie Mum

You do realize that You can walk from one end of Toronto downtown to the other completely underground without going outside. Would not be so hard to do a similar thing with Disney Canada.

Seriously? Do you have any idea of the cost of building an enclosed, even partially subterranean, theme park the size of even one of the WDW parks? Why would Disney consider such an expense? Given the choice of living like mole people for a week, or flying 3 hours south, which option would you choose? Both Toronto and Vancouver are too close to the US theme parks to even be considered.

cheezbat

Any idea why Australia is never brought up for a new location? It's always seemed like a distant enough location to not take away from the existing resorts while also offering a unique plan to draw people from around the world to visit and add a Disney trip to.
23 million people on the entire continent...the park would probably only bring in about 3-5 million people a year...which is Six Flags/Cedar Fair regional parks type numbers. Not good for a Disney park. Look at how Hong Kong Disneyland is still struggling, as is Walt Disney Studios Paris...the resorts need to bring in far more than that to get out of the red.

Minnie Mum

wDW already has an underground system for staff anyway.

That's only partially correct. If you're referring to the utilidors, those are only in some areas of MK, and one area of Epcot. And can you imagine the difficulty of enclosing something as big as the mountains (everest, BTMRR, etc) or as spread out as Radiator Springs racers? Possible, yes. But the cost/benefit ratio, unlikely. And those "underground passages" would have to be a lot wider than the average subway pedestrian tunnel. More like the width of a 2 lane street to handle the volume of people. Evening entertainment like HAE or Fantasmic? Fogetaboudit.

Walt Disney1955

No you can't walk underground across all of Toronto...come on. And even if you could who wants to go on vacation underground?

Not me. Part of the experience of Disney is being outside. Yes, there are rides inside but I can think of it being too chilly to be standing in line even in April, let alone January in the Toronto area.

And yeah, I don't know where you can walk underground in Toronto. Are they talking about the subway? I guess there's that, and there is something they call a "CityWalk" in Toronto where you can walk around indoors to get to certain things (CN Tower, Rogers Centre, Ripley's Aquarium, Union Station) but it isn't all over the entire city.

J_Carioca

Not me. Part of the experience of Disney is being outside. Yes, there are rides inside but I can think of it being too chilly to be standing in line even in April, let alone January in the Toronto area.

And yeah, I don't know where you can walk underground in Toronto. Are they talking about the subway? I guess there's that, and there is something they call a "CityWalk" in Toronto where you can walk around indoors to get to certain things (CN Tower, Rogers Centre, Ripley's Aquarium, Union Station) but it isn't all over the entire city.

I think maybe the poster was getting mixed up with Montreal, which does have a pretty big "underground city", but still nowhere near the size of the entire city.

Starlight67

Sort of related...wasn't there some talk (or at least rumor) a few years ago of Disney building in Virginia? Virginia is warm at least....

Walt Disney1955

Sort of related...wasn't there some talk (or at least rumor) a few years ago of Disney building in Virginia? Virginia is warm at least....

The thing is, that would have cut down a lot of guests going to Florida. If you live in the east coast do you go to Orlando or Virginia?

That being said at least there is a bit more of a case. Busch Gardens Williamsburg is there, as is King's Dominion. There is a base.

_caleb

“Leaking” “potential plans” to bring a Disney park to a city/country is apparently a great way for local governments to make people think exciting things are just around the corner.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom