Canada Pavilion exterior refurbishment 2023

James Alucobond

Still not quite done, I hope. Parts of the Le Cellier portico and the outward facing portions of the bridge stonework still have the old color scheme. Even so, nice to see the walls down.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Still not quite done, I hope. Parts of the Le Cellier portico and the outward facing portions of the bridge stonework still have the old color scheme. Even so, nice to see the walls down.
I noticed that and I am wondering if it is staying that way. Seems odd that they have removed all the walls and left it.

castlecake2.0

I noticed that and I am wondering if it is staying that way. Seems odd that they have removed all the walls and left it.
It has all now be painted the new colour scheme. The totem detailing on the front of the trading post has also been replaced.
DD24752C-865A-4C03-B5D7-88D892DDF528.jpeg

Also, keep hearing whispers about DVC possibly being interested in the old boutique upstairs. Would be kind of small for a lounge but maybe some other use?

castlecake2.0

but on what exactly. I mean Im glad to see some new life but is it going to be for everyone or more dvc junk etc
Im assuming not DVC based on their lounge right next door at Imagination! Pavilion. The space is also not super large so I’m thinking more of a grab and go bar sort of thing. Also still trying to figure out if the stone houses across the street will also be included in this project. Those were going to be a tourist office originally but we’re never finished.

Rosso11

Before this project started I was told it was being tuned into a new “lounge”. Disney talk for a new bar. The thought was how it was always difficult to get people to walk up those stairs when it was a store but for alcohol people seem to go to great lengths. I had given up hope that it was actually happening at this point but maybe it’s back on.

aladdin2007

Before this project started I was told it was being tuned into a new “lounge”. Disney talk for a new bar. The thought was how it was always difficult to get people to walk up those stairs when it was a store but for alcohol people seem to go to great lengths. I had given up hope that it was actually happening at this point but maybe it’s back on.
just what they need another one :rolleyes: there is already one that took over part of the main shop.

aladdin2007

Didn't they permanently wall off that half of the store for the temp bar a year or so ago? maybe the wall in the store isn't permanent but it looked like it was. It certainly ruined the nice flow through there from end to the other.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom