Can you spot people on the plane heading to Disney?

Phonedave

I would said half of the people flying out of Newark are going to WDW.

They are pretty easy to spot, either from clothes, hats, wearing layards, etc.

I don't sport any Disney brand items when I go, and neither do my kids. So maybe we are in stealth mode.

We also hang out in the lounge until just before boarding and then board with priority boarding, and my kids and I fly fairly often, so we don't look like tourists. It's the parents explaining their kids about the airplane that is a dead giveaway it's a first time flight for them.

-dave

jwarren3768

People can usually tell that I'm going to Disney because i'm sat in my chair doing this
tumblr_ls3duv4Ek51r3h131o3_500.gif

OMG this has me literally in tears laughing so loud!

PhilharMagician

We almost always take a direct flight to Orlando and most people getting on the plane are families with some sort of Disney something on. My daughter puts her Minnie ears on as we are leaving the house in the morning and they do not come off. I think the ears on a Orlando flight are a pretty tell tale sign that you are going to WDW.

Disney_Belle

We almost always take a direct flight to Orlando and most people getting on the plane are families with some sort of Disney something on. My daughter puts her Minnie ears on as we are leaving the house in the morning and they do not come off. I think the ears on a Orlando flight are a pretty tell tale sign that you are going to WDW.

I love seeing the kids with their ears on at our "home" airport. It starts the Disney magic a little early :) When we went to WDW last April there were about 8 kids with matching tshirts and Mickey ears on. All of the parents had Disney clothing on, too. And I have to say those 8 children were so, so well behaved. They sat in the rows behind us and if you didn't turn around and look at them you would not have known they were there!

PhilharMagician

I love seeing the kids with their ears on at our "home" airport. It starts the Disney magic a little early :) When we went to WDW last April there were about 8 kids with matching tshirts and Mickey ears on. All of the parents had Disney clothing on, too. And I have to say those 8 children were so, so well behaved. They sat in the rows behind us and if you didn't turn around and look at them you would not have known they were there!

That is a nice story. I wish they were all like that.

Most of the kids we see on the Orlando flight are typically insane. Runnning around the airport, playing musical seats on the plane, yelling at one another. I can tell you that if my daughter acted like that she would stay home. Most kids just do not realize it is a privilege to be able to go to Disney.

LilSuzy

I usually have something Disney on, a T-shirt or ball cap....DH his Indy Jones Hat, our kiddos DISNEY clothes from head to toe and well behaved or else :dazzle: lol :animwink:

Disney_Belle

I always wear a Disney T-shirt on the plane ride down. I'm a dork, and no I don't care. :D

All of my luggage is Mickey :) Along with my Disney shirt that I will wear and if anyone could hear my playlist on my iPod - all Disney music. Being a Disney dork is the best :)

Fable McCloud

People can usually tell that I'm going to Disney because I'm [sitting] in my chair doing this:
tumblr_ls3duv4Ek51r3h131o3_500.gif

Absolutely. Couldn't have said it better, or visualized it any other way.

I'm usually wearing a Mickey/Disney T-shirt on the way down and making squeeing noises for all 3 hours of the flight from Hartford to Orlando.

On the way Home, I'm wearing whatever Mouse Ears I bought on the trip, attempting to hold onto that happy feeling and Disney Magic just a bit longer before crash landing back into my normal life.

Phonedave

My wife and I always wear something Disney related when traveling to WDW.

Why wouldn't you want to "REPRESENT" ? :animwink:

When Disney starts paying me to advertise for them, I might.

Nah, that's not really it. I just think most Disney branded clothing is garish.

-dave

Mickey_777

Last time we flew we overheard a mother behind us with her WDW guidebook going over the attractions with her children. It was kinda funny listening to how she thought Big Thunder Mountain was in Fantasyland :rolleyes:

Also it was nice when the TSA guy checked our tickets and said "Say hi to Mickey for me". Like duh, what else would you go to Orlando for :D

Pecosburger

We drive every year from Jersey to WDW. It is fun stopping at rest areas and such and seeing everyone so excited about the drive down 95 to the world. This may sound weird, but the day & 1/2 drive is fun, it is almost like an extension of being in WDW. However, the drive back sucks LOL. Seeing all the minivans with Jersey/NY/Mass plates headed down. Then once we hit the bridge from Delaware into NJ, we consider the trip over :(. However, 25 times driving down, it is still worth it. Next trip in 3 weeks :)

lbrad

Aside from the giveaways mentioned above, the one I always see occurs just after landing, while the plane is taxiing (taxing? taxi-ing?) on the runway. I always see the family "leader" pull out the blue DME book, reading about where it is they need to go when they disembark.

This will be us in 2 days:lol: We usually drive ... wish us luck.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom