Can you park free on an AP blackout date?

DisneyCane

Original Poster
The scenario would be as follows:

Staying off site. Going to parks up until the day before blackout date. Before heading home the morning of the blackout date would like to go to bakery at boardwalk for a very healthy breakfast pastry.

Will I be able to park at DHS for free on the blackout date and then take the Skyliner over to Epcot international gateway and walk over to the bakery?

thomas998

The scenario would be as follows:

Staying off site. Going to parks up until the day before blackout date. Before heading home the morning of the blackout date would like to go to bakery at boardwalk for a very healthy breakfast pastry.

Will I be able to park at DHS for free on the blackout date and then take the Skyliner over to Epcot international gateway and walk over to the bakery?
Are you asking because you are an AP holder? If so, then no. When you have an AP with blackout dates you are treated as regular guest would be treated and not given the free admission or parking of an AP.

RememberWhen

I think you’ll be ok, actually. Do they scan your pass when you enter the parking lot, or just look to see if you have a pass? I know merch and dining discounts are requiring you to show the pass in your phone. I would bet that showing your pass is enough. The Passholders benefits just say “standard theme park parking” but don’t say “not applicable during blackout dates.”

DisneyCane

Original Poster
I think you’ll be ok, actually. Do they scan your pass when you enter the parking lot, or just look to see if you have a pass? I know merch and dining discounts are requiring you to show the pass in your phone. I would bet that showing your pass is enough. The Passholders benefits just say “standard theme park parking” but don’t say “not applicable during blackout dates.”
They scan them once in a while. I've yet to figure out what determines if they do or not. It isn't clear on the website if the blackout also applies to parking. It doesn't apply to other benefits like merchandise discounts.

Married5Times

isn't the only AP without blackout the "Incredi-pass"???

and doesn't the "Incredi-pass" have a different insignia and design than the other yellow AP cards?

it would seem to me that parking booth CM's should fairly easily be able to tell if you are blocked out by sight alone without even scanning the AP card, right?

TrainsOfDisney

I’d try DHS first and if that doesn’t work you can try Pop, Art Of Animation, etc.

I would think parking works like AP discounts, they are checking to see if the pass is valid. Parking does not = admission to the parks and should not be considered with blackout dates in my opinion.

DisneyCane

Original Poster
I’d try DHS first and if that doesn’t work you can try Pop, Art Of Animation, etc.

I would think parking works like AP discounts, they are checking to see if the pass is valid. Parking does not = admission to the parks and should not be considered with blackout dates in my opinion.
I would think that's how it works. I know they ask if you have a park reservation so that isn't being checked when they scan the pass.

Trackmaster

The only thing that blackout dates affects is admission to the parks. Otherwise, all of the other auxiliary pass benefits are good 365 days a year. So your discounts and parking will be good any day of the year. While it may seem farfetched that you would pay $140 for a on a blackout date just to go to a park, I have bought hard tickets on blackout dates before, and the free parking came in handy.

Kingoglow

The only thing that blackout dates affects is admission to the parks. Otherwise, all of the other auxiliary pass benefits are good 365 days a year. So your discounts and parking will be good any day of the year. While it may seem farfetched that you would pay $140 for a on a blackout date just to go to a park, I have bought hard tickets on blackout dates before, and the free parking came in handy.
I agree with this. You still get your other perks on blackout days like merch and dining discounts or booking a room with your AP discount, surely parking would still be free.

Disstevefan1

It there is one thing that was good about the current APs it was that there was free parking for all levels.
I jokingly call the remaining WDW AP is a $400 parking pass 😉

CAV

Are you asking because you are an AP holder? If so, then no. When you have an AP with blackout dates you are treated as regular guest would be treated and not given the free admission or parking of an AP.
You have provided the obligatory definitive statement pulled completely out of thin air. The Disney site says otherwise.

"I am pleased to inform you that while your Disney Pixie Dust Pass does have blockout dates for theme park entry, there are no blockout dates for the perks and benefits that you receive as a passholder. You can still take advantage of complimentary standard self-parking whenever you visit the theme parks, regardless of blockout dates."

https://plandisney.disney.go.com/qu...s-free-parking-blackout-day-using-pay-474038/

thomas998

You have provided the obligatory definitive statement pulled completely out of thin air. The Disney site says otherwise.

"I am pleased to inform you that while your Disney Pixie Dust Pass does have blockout dates for theme park entry, there are no blockout dates for the perks and benefits that you receive as a passholder. You can still take advantage of complimentary standard self-parking whenever you visit the theme parks, regardless of blockout dates."

https://plandisney.disney.go.com/qu...s-free-parking-blackout-day-using-pay-474038/
I was simply going by what we were told when we bought out last AP passes. We opted for the premium pass in part because we were told by the cast member that the only benefits that wouldn't be impacted by the blackout dates were the discounts on purchases but we would have to pay for parking if we went to the parks on a blackout day. If they have changed it since we were up sold a premium pass then hooray, if it has always been that way then I'm a bit ed at the cast member that misinformed us.

MickeyLuv'r

I was simply going by what we were told when we bought out last AP passes. We opted for the premium pass in part because we were told by the cast member that the only benefits that wouldn't be impacted by the blackout dates were the discounts on purchases but we would have to pay for parking if we went to the parks on a blackout day. If they have changed it since we were up sold a premium pass then hooray, if it has always been that way then I'm a bit ****ed at the cast member that misinformed us.
Sadly, WDW has a long history of this.

I have been put through the ringer a number of times where tickets were concerned. In short, upgrading a park ticket always sems to be a hassle. If you ask three different CM's you will get three different prices/answers.

I mean that literally happened to me a few years ago. I talked to 3 CM's- 2 in GS and 1 in ticketing, and got 3 completely different answers! First CM encounter was just bizarre, so I asked for my ticket back without making any changes. One reason it was bizarre was that he quoted a price that was WAY too high.

Second CM said no park tickets can ever be upgraded/modified, also completely incorrect, and a bit odd.

Third gave me a price that was a little higher than I expected, but I had already wasted almost an hour.

And that is just one of many WDW stories.

thomas998

Sadly, WDW has a long history of this.

I have been put through the ringer a number of times where tickets were concerned. In short, upgrading a park ticket always sems to be a hassle. If you ask three different CM's you will get three different prices/answers.

I mean that literally happened to me a few years ago. I talked to 3 CM's- 2 in GS and 1 in ticketing, and got 3 completely different answers! First CM encounter was just bizarre, so I asked for my ticket back without making any changes. One reason it was bizarre was that he quoted a price that was WAY too high.

Second CM said no park tickets can ever be upgraded/modified, also completely incorrect, and a bit odd.

Third gave me a price that was a little higher than I expected, but I had already wasted almost an hour.

And that is just one of many WDW stories.
It would be nice if some of the cast member training was to say, "I don't know, but I can find out" when they don't know instead of just pulling things out of thin air.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom