Can you eat at resorts you aren't staying at?

Pete C

I am staying at POP Century, based on the value and suggestions I have read in many threads on this board. I am wondering if you can visit other resort's restaurants?

Dakota178

Eating at other hotel restaurants.

Sure. I have done it many times, but always with a reservation. I am not sure if that is a requirement or not. I think if you have a car and you have the parking pass in it you can always get in to other hotels. Otherwise without a car it isn't a problem at all.

Upvote 0

MissM

Sure! Heck, you don't even need to eat. If you want to visit a resort, you're welcome to it. We hopped on the resort monorail from MK and headed over to Grand Floridian on xmas eve just to check out their gingerbread house. :)
-m

Upvote 0

bhg469

Sure while you're at it use the pool!!!! J/K Don't use the pool but you don't even have to be a guest at any disney resort and you can go there for dinner. Some of the best food in florida is served at the resorts.

By the way thanks alot now I'm hungry

Upvote 0

wannab@dis

Dining in all the different resorts is wonderful. Boma's, O'hana, California Grill, Chef Mickeys, Whispering Canyon... and many many more great restaurants are available. While you're there to enjoy a meal, take some time to wander around the resorts... especially during Christmas!

Upvote 0

MansionFan415

Oh by all means you can. Either make a reservation or just go. We make it a point to just visit, walk around, eat...whatever at any of the resorts when we are there. I love just going to them, walking around and going in the shops or eating at the different ones. Sometimes it's fun just to make a day out of that.

Upvote 0

William Marsden

Pete C said:
I am staying at POP Century, based on the value and suggestions I have read in many threads on this board. I am wondering if you can visit other resort's restaurants?

You better believe it!! I'd tend to stay away from the food at any of the value resorts. The food isn't that bad mind you, but there are so many cool places to dine at WDW and many of the experiences can be had at WDW deluxe resorts. There's no table service restaurant in AK for the time being. However, the Animal Kingdom Lodge houses my favorite buffet (Boma) and I hear that Jiko's is wonderful also.

The Magic Kingdom has a limited number of better restaurants but there are great eateries only a short monorail ride away. Our favorite is 'Ohana at the Poly. Resort. Both Chef Mickey's and 1900 Park Fare are good buffets. My personal choice is 1900 P.F. just for the opportunity to see the oppulant lobby in the Grand Floridian. Another great choice when you're at the M.K. is to take the boat over to the Wilderness Lodge. I hear that Artist Point is great and my family wouldn't leave Disney without visiting the Whispering Canyon Cafe. Both MGM and Epcot (Epcot especially) have better choices for a nice meal but we still always get to the Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club.

I've just mentioned places where you can get alot of food for your dollar but some of our most memorable although pricier meals were at Citricos at the Grand Floridian, Spoodles at the Boardwalk, Yachtsman Steakhouse at the Yacht Club and, of coarse the California Grill at the Contemporary. Now there are lots of restaurants that my family hasn't tried yet but my advice is this; you really have got to get to some of the deluxe resorts at WDW. Some of them are every bit as impressive as the theme parks. My vote for the three resorts you've just got to step into are the Wilderness Lodge, the Animal Kingdom Lodge and the Grand Floridian. Other posters may have different opinions but that's my two bits.

Upvote 0

dandaman

For my favourite resort restaurant, I'm torn between Concourse Steakhouse (Contemporary), Ohana's (Polynesian) and 1900 Park Fare (Grand Floridian). I visited all three this past August, so deduct from that whether or not you can visit other resorts. :lol:

Upvote 0

TLM323

ABSOLUTELY!!! :)

We have had MANY MEALS at the Resorts, in WDW. :slurp:

And, every time we go, we visit the Contemporary (that's where my husband's family stayed, when he was a child) ... we roam around, play in the Arcade, have a drink at the California Grill, eat dinner at Chef Mickey's. It's a nice time for him ... to remember his Mom (who's passed).

Enjoy! ~ Tammy
WE LEAVE FOR DISNEY IN 12 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sohappy:

Upvote 0
We've made it a tradition to stop by Beaches and Cream at the Beach Club on our way out of Disney no matter where we're staying. It makes leaving a little less painful. ;) We drive there and we tell the guard we want to eat at Beaches and Cream, and they let us in.

Upvote 0

mitchk

dandaman said:
For my favourite resort restaurant, I'm torn between Concourse Steakhouse (Contemporary), Ohana's (Polynesian) and 1900 Park Fare (Grand Floridian). I visited all three this past August, so deduct from that whether or not you can visit other resorts. :lol:

I'm torn between Concourse Steakhouse, and Mama Melrose at MGM. Hey, I was just looking at the menu for Concourse, and it looks like they don't have garlic mashed potatoes. I always get the filet with the garlic mashed potatoes. It also looks like there are no more shrimp as appetizers. Anyone know about these changes :slurp:

Upvote 0

GoofyFan1

Not a problem. Back in July of 2003, we were staying at the WL and my kids wanted to go back to the CBR for pasta, so we took the boat to MK and hopped a bus to CBR. Then in 2004, at Christmas time, my youngest decided she wanted ribs from Whispering Canyon, we were back at the CBR, we just hopped a bu to MK and took the relaxing boat ride to the WL ate and looked at the Christmas decorations.

It seems like my two daughters never seem to match up what they want to eat with where we are staying.:brick:

Upvote 0

WDWCP

Pete C said:

Hey Pete, I see you're fairly new here, so welcome!!

<O:p</O:pMy wife and I always stay at PC when we go and love to eat at the different resorts. Most of the time we don't bother with Priority Seating reservations as we tend to go off peak times.<O:p
<O:p</O:p

The only times I've had any trouble was when trying to park at one of the Monorail loop hotels (Grand Floridian, Polynesian, & Contemporary). Sometimes Security gets a little grumpy and things people are just trying to park there to go into the <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
><st1:PlaceName w:st=
Magic</st1:placeName> <st1:placeType w:st="on">Kingdom</st1:placeType>. I’ve always gotten past the Grumpy Guards in these situations, but it just might be easier to make the reservations for restaurants in those hotels…

<O:p</O:p

Shouldn’t be all that big of a deal though with or without reservations…<O:p</O:p

Upvote 0

dandaman

mitchk said:
I'm torn between Concourse Steakhouse, and Mama Melrose at MGM. Hey, I was just looking at the menu for Concourse, and it looks like they don't have garlic mashed potatoes. I always get the filet with the garlic mashed potatoes. It also looks like there are no more shrimp as appetizers. Anyone know about these changes :slurp:

All I care about is the filet mignon. :drevil:

Upvote 0

GoofyMom2

I am really looking forward to seeing and eating at some of the other resorts during our upcoming trip. We have ressies at O'Hana in the Poly, Whispering Canyon Cafe at WL, and Boma at AKL. I have heard so many wonderful things about these places, we just had to try them :slurp:

I am also looking forward to looking around these resorts...............

Upvote 0

Merlin

Account Suspended
Basically the rule of thumb is this: If it costs money to do it, then you have just as much right to do it as someone who's staying at that particular resort. Your money is just as green as that of the guest who is staying there.

Upvote 0

MomJackieLee

You will really enjoy the O'Hana feast. We go EVERY VISIT without fail. It's really good to have your dinner end about the time the fireworks start at the MK. You can watch from the beach at the Polynesian in a chair or hammock.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom