Can we talk about comfortable shoes?

TXDisney

I seem to always get a new pair of nikes that I’ll use to workout with about a month before my trip. Gives me time to break them in before the trip. I bigtime don’t recommend getting shoes without braking them in before your trip. You’re better off wearing old shoes.

hanwill

I love my Brooks... So comfortable for my feet... I do wear two different pairs, and that helps to not have blisters if something rubs.... Have fun on your trip!

correcaminos

I do mostly sandals because I hate socks if it is warm and since I switched in 1995, I have never gotten a blister. I switch out every day and all have EVA soles with good arch support no matter the brand. Of course if it is cooler out then I'll pick sneakers. Skechers are sadly my go to that are not sandals. Not the ones with the memory foam though. I find those to not last as long. Khombu is a brand my husband loves.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I have at least that many pairs of Crocs flip flops and maybe a few other types of shoes in my closet. and yes I may be a distant relative, we're all related in one way or another if you go back far enough

Oh, I have more than 10 pairs of shoes....

7 pairs of flip flops, 7 pairs of Go Walks, 2 pairs of NB walking shoes, 1 pair of NB workout shoes, 4 pairs of Clarks clogs, 2 pairs of LLBean boots and another 10 pairs of various flats and heels.

That scene from 13 Going On 30 when Jennifer Garner's character opens the closet door and spies the shelves of neatly arranged heels? I can relate to that.

Yes, @BuddyThomas, we women need that many shoes. One pair of black heels isn't the same as another....

righttrack

For any physical activity, go to a proper running shoe store. They will from how you walk, suggest the shoe that meets your requirements. Only running shoes are designed for the side of your foot that hits the ground, as well as your weight over your joints. You will hurt less buying the proper shoe. I'm an underpronator which means that my feet are somewhat flat and most of the pressure goes to the outside of my foot. They make running shoes for that! So a week at WDW doesn't hurt me like it would if I blindly bought a pair of sneakers based on looks alone.

MickeyMomV

For any physical activity, go to a proper running shoe store. They will from how you walk, suggest the shoe that meets your requirements. Only running shoes are designed for the side of your foot that hits the ground, as well as your weight over your joints. You will hurt less buying the proper shoe. I'm an underpronator which means that my feet are somewhat flat and most of the pressure goes to the outside of my foot. They make running shoes for that! So a week at WDW doesn't hurt me like it would if I blindly bought a pair of sneakers based on looks alone.
To add to this the majority of people do not wear the correct size shoe for their feet, length or width. For some reason people think that their feet are way bigger than they really are, myself included until I went to a running store and got the correct pair of shoes. When the shoe fits correctly your foot moves around less and you get less blisters.

larandtra

Im partial to walking sandals because I like my feet to breathe but dont want to sacrifice stability and traction. I have a pair of Olukai Ohana that I would not want to trade for anything. Durable and comfortable. Chaco and Reef also make very good open toe sandals for walking, but, the Olukais easily are the best out there and at a reasonable price point.

Sundown

I averaged 13 miles each day for my last two trips. So, to avoid blisters, three simple steps:

- Buy synthetic (non-cotton) socks
- Use "Body Glide" on your feet, the areas you are prone to get blisters. Typically the ball and heel area. I put between toes also. It feels weird at first but you quickly get used to it.
- Wear comfortable shoes, not new shoes.

That's it. Seriously. You can bring band-aids along with you to the parks as well, but I don't think you'll have a need to use them.

Oregonkris

So.....a week from tonight, I will be on my last WDW night after a Monday arrival.........grrr

ANNNNNNNNNNNNYWAY, does anyone have any suggestions on comfortable walking shoes?

In the past, I've done Sketchers GoWalk, but after many years, I must get a divorce. They are like the shoe that I married many times but they just keep slapping me in the face. They are always cheaply made and start falling apart soon after a trip.

I'm not looking at Crocs or sandals, but other than that, if anyone has a brand that is a good walking shoe that lasts longer than a few weeks, that would be great to hear about.

Thanks!
Brooks running shoes or Merrell hiking shoes or boots! I have a lot of arthritis and need lots of support. Those are my go-to. If there's a store near you that specializes in running shoes or sports shoes ask them!

I wear my steel-toed (composite) shoes from work. They're broken-in and comfortable, which I think is necessary for whatever shoes you bring.

They look just like sneakers, but with that protection in front I don't have to worry about the parents that use their strollers as battering rams to get through crowds. I've had more than one person ram their stroller into me after fireworks only to bounce back and stand there shocked for a second.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom