Pre-Trip Can we pull this off again? PTR

Hello hello!! Most of ya know me from my last 2 trip reports.. Sept 2012 and August 2011.. if ya don't..go ahead..go read those 2 reports..I'll wait for ya to return!

ok done reading? Do ya know who we are? Ok if you're lazy (like I can be) and don't wanna go read them ( are ya nuts..they are good..I promise.. One full of rain and drama and one..well one full of fun!) then here's who we are:

Alison~37..mom to 4 awesome kids..(1 is Noah..who is now 18 and will NOT be joining us on this next trip). I homeschool the 3 youngest ( eldest is graduated).. I work for the family owned Dance Studio as well as driving the 3 youngest around to the 10000 activities they do. I no longer bartend (YEPPIE!!) so I have way more time for bon bons and talk shows of course!(@@)

Eric~40.. a total Disney convert.. didn't want to go in 2011.. couldn't wait to get there in 2012 and is the one that booked 2013..LOL. He works his bum off to get us there..especially for this coming trip since I am no longer working a 2nd job.

Declan~will be 11 in Feb.. loved being a "MAN" ( aka Disney adult) this past trip..and he apparently likes eating Garbage cans in Epcot..don't ask..go read the Sept 2012 TR..go! He dances ( hip hop) and plays basketball and baseball along with does an all boys cooking class and is a stellar student ( pretty sure he's gonna be teaching me by next year). Declan is an OCD pin trader and loves everything Disney! Stitch is his favorite!

Jadziah~ the lone girl ~ she will be 9 on the 28th ( 6 whole days away!).. she's also an amazing athlete who has been known to play baseball ( yes..not softball ) and basketball. She's taking the year off hoops to try Cheerleading.. she's a natural with her 6 years of dance and 4 years of acrobatics training! She hates meeting characters if that requires waiting but loves Disney..just not lines..or the heat..or or...lol. Not sure she has a favorite..but if I had to pick I'd say Daisy Duck..but she will NOT wait in a line to see her..nope..not gonna happen!

Taejan~Turned 7 right before this years trip. The boy of many faces ( again..go read the TR's.. August 2011 has some great shots of him in full meltdown mode).. he's a very difficult child but also the light of my life. He has boundless energy, plays Basketball, baseball and sometimes soccer. He's an olympic's bound gymnast( ask him..he'll tell ya)..it's the only thing he focuses on for more than 2 minutes..he's good.. he also does acrobatics at our dance studio. Chip and Dale are his top characters!

Here we are just a few weeks ago in Epcot:
Photo0047FourBySix_zpsf71a633f.jpg

So the logistics eh? We have Sept 14-26th booked with free dining..did this via a bounceback while we were at POFQ in Sept. We chose PORs for the fact we can stay in ONE room. ONE! Now we have booked 2 the last 2 trips as we had 8 and then 7 people. Needless to say these trips cost $$$$.. this trip is half the price as the one we just took...and thats WITH Hoppers and Water Parks and more!

Last trip we did 3 nights prior to the package..( if ya wanna know where..go read the tr!) this time we are not doing that.. we spent too much money on food over those 3 days.. so this trip is 12 nights of the package not 10. we will likely add one night at the same DTD hotel..but who knows!

So why are we traveling with just 5 you ask ( I heard someone I know I did)?

Well Noah and his girlfriend are expecting a baby in Feb. It's a ROCKY road..has not been a fun experience..too much stress to even imagine..but ANYWAY..so he will not be joining us!

And now here comes the major daughter guilt..my mom is not invited. I feel bad..I do.. but #1..she def had issues keeping up this trip ..but that's not even why really. #2 which is really #1.. we only need ONE room without her...one..so it's invite her and not go for 2-3 years ( due to that whole me not working that job I hated) or take ONE trip just the 5 of us.. no add ons..no paying for anyone but us ( we covered all but my moms airfare). So I have some guilt..but ultimately..I cant wait to do this trip with just the 5 of us! Next time we will likely have 3 kids that are too big to be stuffed in one room with us and will go back to 2 rooms..then my mom may join us..but for this trip..it's just us!
Photo0177FourBySix_zpsb7ce9e75.jpg

So that's the start of this PTR...oh I forgot..SHhhh.. the younger 2 kids do not know we are going. Declan does..but the other 2 think we are just going to my friend's house in GA for vacation ( we've done that for years so it's plausible). I am going to keep it a secret ( I say that every time) until we arrive in FLorida..

So..who's in for this ride?

Alison1975

Original Poster
Yup I third that! Last two trips were with friends. My daughter guilt my husband into going with us on the next one. He seems to be getting into this vacation!

I've never NOT gone with my mother. I just cant wait for it to just be us because although my oldest and my mom are not "problems" they do change the dynamic

Allygator

I've never NOT gone with my mother. I just cant wait for it to just be us because although my oldest and my mom are not "problems" they do change the dynamic
Two trips ago was my first time without my adult sons (teenagers). Talk about guilt trip! I had to keep telling myself they didn't want to go! It's ok to have fun! Lol. Sometimes it can be hard getting use to the new "norm." I invited them this trip and they still declined. I guess they have better ideas for vacation that doesn't include their mom. :(

Alison1975

Original Poster
Two trips ago was my first time without my adult sons (teenagers). Talk about guilt trip! I had to keep telling myself they didn't want to go! It's ok to have fun! Lol. Sometimes it can be hard getting use to the new "norm." I invited them this trip and they still declined. I guess they have better ideas for vacation that doesn't include their mom. :(

yeah..my oldest wont be with us.. I told him IF there is a good bounceback and if we book I will add him and his fiance and their son and they can decide if they want to come..lol

Alison1975

Original Poster
Ok here's what I have planned..just need to decide on time frames for some of the ADR's..this is 95% chance of what will actually happen when I call WDW...lol

9/12 fly in..chill

9/13 MK with Hoop Dee Doo at 6:15

9/14 Hollywood Studios with Sci Fi for Lunch

9/15 Epcot with lunch at San Angel Inn

9/16 Animal Kingdom with early dinner at Boma

9/17 breakfast at Kona then maybe water park for a few hours then MNSSHP

9/18 water park day..no sit down meal

9/19 Epcot with early dinner at Garden Grill

9/20 Magic Kingdom with Lunch at Liberty Tree

9/21 Hollywood Studios then Spirit of Aloha (8:15 show)

9/22 Epcot no sit down meal

9/23 Water Park( or DQ) day then Cape May for dinner

9/24 Animal Kingdom and dinner at Chef Mickeys ( and probably some MK time)

9/25 Water Park ( or DQ) day with dinner at 1900 Park fare

9/26 last park day so Magic Kingdom with dinner at BOG ( maybe)

9/27 ME picks us up around 6:45am and we head home! Still hoping the fare for the later non stop goes down..if it does then we will leave about 2:30 PM

Allygator

Ok here's what I have planned..just need to decide on time frames for some of the ADR's..this is 95% chance of what will actually happen when I call WDW...lol

9/12 fly in..chill

9/13 MK with Hoop Dee Doo at 6:15

9/14 Hollywood Studios with Sci Fi for Lunch

9/15 Epcot with lunch at San Angel Inn

9/16 Animal Kingdom with early dinner at Boma

9/17 breakfast at Kona then maybe water park for a few hours then MNSSHP

9/18 water park day..no sit down meal

9/19 Epcot with early dinner at Garden Grill

9/20 Magic Kingdom with Lunch at Liberty Tree

9/21 Hollywood Studios then Spirit of Aloha (8:15 show)

9/22 Epcot no sit down meal

9/23 Water Park( or DQ) day then Cape May for dinner

9/24 Animal Kingdom and dinner at Chef Mickeys ( and probably some MK time)

9/25 Water Park ( or DQ) day with dinner at 1900 Park fare

9/26 last park day so Magic Kingdom with dinner at BOG ( maybe)

9/27 ME picks us up around 6:45am and we head home! Still hoping the fare for the later non stop goes down..if it does then we will leave about 2:30 PM
Lol. I am planning on going to MNSSHP too the same day and going to kona's for breakfast! Lol. We will be having a pool day until party time. Nice choices! Good luck with BOG.

Alison1975

Original Poster
Called first thing this morning and I have the first 10 days of meals all set.. I still have 3 more days to make ressies for..so I will be calling again tomorrow and the next day and the next,..lol

Alison1975

Original Poster
Just called and made 2 more ADR's ( for days I couldn't yet on Sunday) and I got the exact same CM as I did Sunday.. what are the chances? lol.. I got exactly what I wanted time wise for Chef Mickeys and 1900 Park Fare.. seems like the no free dining has DEF freed up ADR's..

Allygator

Just called and made 2 more ADR's ( for days I couldn't yet on Sunday) and I got the exact same CM as I did Sunday.. what are the chances? lol.. I got exactly what I wanted time wise for Chef Mickeys and 1900 Park Fare.. seems like the no free dining has DEF freed up ADR's..
I logged onto the computer and managed to snag BOG for 4:25 and CRT for 8:10 am for 9/15. After that the server was busy. Lol. I had to wait for 7:00 to call in. Meanwhile I noticed they had both ADRs listed as 1 adult and 2 infants. Where they got that from I have no idea. Everything has been fixed and I got all our ADRs we wanted with the times with the exception of Narcoossee's. I was hoping for 8:30 on Friday but had to book 7:55. Should still be good for watching hallowishes. Now the 180 day wait. Lol.

Alison1975

Original Poster
I logged onto the computer and managed to snag BOG for 4:25 and CRT for 8:10 am for 9/15. After that the server was busy. Lol. I had to wait for 7:00 to call in. Meanwhile I noticed they had both ADRs listed as 1 adult and 2 infants. Where they got that from I have no idea. Everything has been fixed and I got all our ADRs we wanted with the times with the exception of Narcoossee's. I was hoping for 8:30 on Friday but had to book 7:55. Should still be good for watching hallowishes. Now the 180 day wait. Lol.

very nice~

Alison1975

Original Poster
Well we are now 172 days out from the trip...is it here yet? Really could use it right NOW!

Anyway..all ADR's are made.. and of course I have been fiddling around with the times of the dates I can access online.

Starting to plan to flying thing.. first time since 2000... 3 smaller kids.. should be interesting..lol

HouCuseChickie

Assuming our trip doesn't fall through, we might just cross paths on 9/20. Then again- we probably won't be getting into MK until later since we're looking at MNSSHP for the evening.

Congrats on the birth of your grandbaby :) What a cutie!

Alison1975

Original Poster
Assuming our trip doesn't fall through, we might just cross paths on 9/20. Then again- we probably won't be getting into MK until later since we're looking at MNSSHP for the evening.

Congrats on the birth of your grandbaby :) What a cutie!

Yeah we will likely leave the park by 5pm since we are not planning MNSSHP that night..

and thank you

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom