Pre-Trip Can we pull this off again? PTR

Hello hello!! Most of ya know me from my last 2 trip reports.. Sept 2012 and August 2011.. if ya don't..go ahead..go read those 2 reports..I'll wait for ya to return!

ok done reading? Do ya know who we are? Ok if you're lazy (like I can be) and don't wanna go read them ( are ya nuts..they are good..I promise.. One full of rain and drama and one..well one full of fun!) then here's who we are:

Alison~37..mom to 4 awesome kids..(1 is Noah..who is now 18 and will NOT be joining us on this next trip). I homeschool the 3 youngest ( eldest is graduated).. I work for the family owned Dance Studio as well as driving the 3 youngest around to the 10000 activities they do. I no longer bartend (YEPPIE!!) so I have way more time for bon bons and talk shows of course!(@@)

Eric~40.. a total Disney convert.. didn't want to go in 2011.. couldn't wait to get there in 2012 and is the one that booked 2013..LOL. He works his bum off to get us there..especially for this coming trip since I am no longer working a 2nd job.

Declan~will be 11 in Feb.. loved being a "MAN" ( aka Disney adult) this past trip..and he apparently likes eating Garbage cans in Epcot..don't ask..go read the Sept 2012 TR..go! He dances ( hip hop) and plays basketball and baseball along with does an all boys cooking class and is a stellar student ( pretty sure he's gonna be teaching me by next year). Declan is an OCD pin trader and loves everything Disney! Stitch is his favorite!

Jadziah~ the lone girl ~ she will be 9 on the 28th ( 6 whole days away!).. she's also an amazing athlete who has been known to play baseball ( yes..not softball ) and basketball. She's taking the year off hoops to try Cheerleading.. she's a natural with her 6 years of dance and 4 years of acrobatics training! She hates meeting characters if that requires waiting but loves Disney..just not lines..or the heat..or or...lol. Not sure she has a favorite..but if I had to pick I'd say Daisy Duck..but she will NOT wait in a line to see her..nope..not gonna happen!

Taejan~Turned 7 right before this years trip. The boy of many faces ( again..go read the TR's.. August 2011 has some great shots of him in full meltdown mode).. he's a very difficult child but also the light of my life. He has boundless energy, plays Basketball, baseball and sometimes soccer. He's an olympic's bound gymnast( ask him..he'll tell ya)..it's the only thing he focuses on for more than 2 minutes..he's good.. he also does acrobatics at our dance studio. Chip and Dale are his top characters!

Here we are just a few weeks ago in Epcot:
Photo0047FourBySix_zpsf71a633f.jpg

So the logistics eh? We have Sept 14-26th booked with free dining..did this via a bounceback while we were at POFQ in Sept. We chose PORs for the fact we can stay in ONE room. ONE! Now we have booked 2 the last 2 trips as we had 8 and then 7 people. Needless to say these trips cost $$$$.. this trip is half the price as the one we just took...and thats WITH Hoppers and Water Parks and more!

Last trip we did 3 nights prior to the package..( if ya wanna know where..go read the tr!) this time we are not doing that.. we spent too much money on food over those 3 days.. so this trip is 12 nights of the package not 10. we will likely add one night at the same DTD hotel..but who knows!

So why are we traveling with just 5 you ask ( I heard someone I know I did)?

Well Noah and his girlfriend are expecting a baby in Feb. It's a ROCKY road..has not been a fun experience..too much stress to even imagine..but ANYWAY..so he will not be joining us!

And now here comes the major daughter guilt..my mom is not invited. I feel bad..I do.. but #1..she def had issues keeping up this trip ..but that's not even why really. #2 which is really #1.. we only need ONE room without her...one..so it's invite her and not go for 2-3 years ( due to that whole me not working that job I hated) or take ONE trip just the 5 of us.. no add ons..no paying for anyone but us ( we covered all but my moms airfare). So I have some guilt..but ultimately..I cant wait to do this trip with just the 5 of us! Next time we will likely have 3 kids that are too big to be stuffed in one room with us and will go back to 2 rooms..then my mom may join us..but for this trip..it's just us!
Photo0177FourBySix_zpsb7ce9e75.jpg

So that's the start of this PTR...oh I forgot..SHhhh.. the younger 2 kids do not know we are going. Declan does..but the other 2 think we are just going to my friend's house in GA for vacation ( we've done that for years so it's plausible). I am going to keep it a secret ( I say that every time) until we arrive in FLorida..

So..who's in for this ride?

Alison1975

Original Poster
Ok quick ?.. we have 12 and will soon have 13 nights.. we get the 180+10 for being onsite with ADR's..but I'm gonna have to call back every day for the last 3 days aren't I???grrrrr

Alison1975

Original Poster
another question.. we have WP&M option..so we get 10 visits to water parks and Disney Quest ..never been to Disney Quest..if we use one option there are we going to be forking over any more money once inside?

Adventure

another question.. we have WP&M option..so we get 10 visits to water parks and Disney Quest ..never been to Disney Quest..if we use one option there are we going to be forking over any more money once inside?
No, you should be good to go. Haven't been to DQ in 2 years but all the games were free to play. We spent some cash on a snack but I think they take the dining plan too.

mousefreak

Off topic here...What kind of weather did you guys encounter this week with the hurricane? You didn't get any flooding or other damage, did you?

Alison1975

Original Poster
Off topic here...What kind of weather did you guys encounter this week with the hurricane? You didn't get any flooding or other damage, did you?

We were on the wind side..so lots of wind..but not a ton of damage.. lots of power outages but they didnt last.

Alison1975

Original Poster
So my krew and I just returned from Wreck It Ralph...we LOVED it.. love!! I really hope Ralph is still doing meet n greets come Sept!

BamaDisneyFan

Glad to hear you made it through the hurricane. I hope and pray all others are well. We did Disney Quest in 2009, and paid out of pocket. I don't know if we just went at a bad time (night). But it was a waste of time, due to the fact we did not get to do alot due to it being crowded. I felt for three it was way too much $$$ for nothing. Just FYI.

Alison1975

Original Poster
Glad to hear you made it through the hurricane. I hope and pray all others are well. We did Disney Quest in 2009, and paid out of pocket. I don't know if we just went at a bad time (night). But it was a waste of time, due to the fact we did not get to do alot due to it being crowded. I felt for three it was way too much $$$ for nothing. Just FYI.

We will have water parks and more tickets so we won't have to pay anything more than we already are..kwim?

Alison1975

Original Poster
@disneygirl76 well Eric just called and added a day on either end of the trip. My friend is now working full time so we either wont be visiting or just for 2 days.. and since we have FD I decided I'd rather skip the split stay and get free food for the whole trip.. of course now I have 14 TS credits to plan!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom