can we have your opinion on these restaurants

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member

Arranged in order of our favorites with comments.

Rose and Crown - our favorite. Hands down. Love it. Make sure to have a pint on the pub side!
50s prime time - a family favorite. Both experience and food. We like 'home' style foods and our daughter loves seeing her parents treated like kids.
Biergarten - we love Biergarten. Come for the beers, stay for the show. Our daughter used to always dance on the dance floor and we like meeting new people at the large tables. Food is nothing amazing, but the show and beer make it worthwhile for us.
Be Our Guest - lunch is nice, dinner is better. The rooms are beautiful and the food is pretty decent quality. Just wish they didn't try to fit so many people in.
California Grill - had an anniversary dinner here a few years ago. Nice, especially if you are going in the evening and will see the fireworks. Food-wise, we prefer other places.
sci fi diner - fun, but not the best food. Since I am into sci-fi, it is much more appealing to me than to my family.
Hollywood and vine fantasia package - not big fans of the H&V food. We do Mama Melrose for the Fantasia package because they will make a specialty pizza for our picky eater.
T rex - amazing setting, same basic food as rainforest - quality chain food.
rainforest café - we have one locally, so don't really do the Disney one. Big menu, neat atmosphere.
Il mulino - Haven't been yet.
trattoria al forno - Haven't been yet.
Grand Floridian Café - Haven't been yet.

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Biergarten - I don't like sauerkraut so this was hard for me b/c even if you didn't have it, it was next to everything and everything tasted like it. But my DH loved it.
50s prime time - I think this is over rated Stoffers meals. Some people love it and I totally understand. Its a fun setting but I just like to stop in for a shake.
California Grill - A favorite! Can't go wrong here! Whether just coming to the bar for a quick appetizer or the full dinner experience.
Hollywood and vine fantasia package
rainforest café - I don't do anything "chain" while I am at Disney b/c I can do those any time and would rather have another experience.
Rose and Crown - Another fave! We start our trip here every time. We have switched to go for lunch now rather then dinner b/c of menu choices.
Il mulino - I have not been but the other 2 Italy Pavilion TS locations (not including Via Napoli) were misses.
trattoria al forno - I have not been
sci fi diner - I don't like it.
Be Our Guest - prefer lunch over dinner but either are great!
Grand Floridian Café - a secret little gem! Always amazing wonderful food!
T rex - better then rain forest but its the same idea. Its loud. Very loud.

JohnD

Biergarten
50s prime time
California Grill
rainforest café
Rose and Crown
Il mulino
trattoria al forno
sci fi diner
Be Our Guest
Grand Floridian Café
T rex

Thankyou

Comments below on the ones I've been to.

Biergarten: Good buffet. Share table with others. That could be good or bad depending on your point of view or experience.

50s prime time: Excellent "home cookin'". Great interaction with the servers. Don't miss the PB&J shake!

California Grill: Pricy but good all-around menu. Something for everyone: sushi, apps, steaks, fish, etc.

rainforest café

Rose and Crown: Typical pub food, at least at lunch. Try to get a table on the deck by the lagoon. Prize spot especially during Illuminations

Il mulino
trattoria al forno

sci fi diner: Did a SW character breakfast there. Haven't been during regular hours.

Be Our Guest: Have yet to get an ADR for dinner. Must be ready at exactly 180 days out. An ADR for lunch is definitely more manageable.

Grand Floridian Café: Great breakfast. Can't go wrong.

T rex

Otterhead

Agreed with all above.
Rose & Crown is a favorite; really nice pub food.
Hollywood & Vine is a decent buffet. Reminded me of eating dinner on a cruise -- big buffet with lots of choices.
50s Prime Time has great food and can be amazing depending on your server.
I never miss Biergarten. Love the food, great show, great environment.
I've never seen the point of going to Rainforest Cafe since it's just a chain restaurant with cheesy 'animatronics'.
I had fun at Sci Fi Diner but it's dark, so I couldn't see my food all that well, and they haven't changed the loop of movie clips since the place opened.

notslim99

Here are the ones I've been to from your list:

50's Prime Time- Good food, great atmosphere. As mentioned before, the servers can make or break the experience, but they can usually gauge how into the act you are and adjust their schtick accordingly. For example, my wife and I like to ham it up a bit with the servers. When we went in 2012, I asked our server what she thought about the presidential election (I was hoping to trip her up.) She didn't miss a beat and told us that she thought Ike was going to beat Stevenson. Awesome!

Rose & Crown- I thoroughly enjoyed the food here. We prefer the outdoor tables, but the interior is very well done. Great theming. The CM's there were great too.

Sci Fi- To me the food is so-so, but it's a neat experience to sit in the cars and watch old B movies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom