Can we get up???

palmage

Original Poster
A silly question.................Has any one done this?
We have dinner reservations at Ohana at 7:40.
Would they let us get up and go see Wishes at 8:00 and come back?
I tried making an earlier reservation but nothing was available and they don't have seating for 12 along the windows.

natalia1681

I imagine, like at alot of the the other restaurants, they will be understanding and accomodating of you and your party and allow you all to get up and see Wishes as long as you let them know that is what you will be doing. Maybe you will get lucky and be able to see from where you are sitting:wave:

slappy magoo

"Hi, Ohana, we're going to leave our table just before Wishes and go upstairs. I know you're one of the busiest resturants, but DON'T bus our table or let anyone else sit there, OK? We'll be back in about 20 minutes. Yeah, I know we don't pay until we're done eating, but don't worry, we won't dine and dash, we'll be back. All 12 of us. Trust us."

"Hi, California Grill? I know you're one of the most upscale resturants, and we don't have reservations, but my party of 12 would like to walk in on everyone who DID make reservations and get in their way so we can enjoy Wishes. That's right, 12 of us, oh, but don't worry, we won't buy anything."

Feel free to ask but you'd be taxing two different, VERY popular resturants way beyond a traditional "we'll do anything to provide Disney Magic" sort of way.

Besides, I'm not sure, but you may be able to see Wishes in Ohana anyway.n

natalia1681

"Hi, California Grill? I know you're one of the most upscale resturants, and we don't have reservations, but my party of 12 would like to walk in on everyone who DID make reservations and get in their way so we can enjoy Wishes. That's right, 12 of us, oh, but don't worry, we won't buy anything."

Do you think that will work for me?:lol: Would it help it I told them that there will only be 4 of us?:lookaroun
Maybe I can conveniently remember that I *left* something there during Wishes?:lookaroun

slappy magoo

Ironically, it only ever works if you're in a party of 12. Sorry Natalia, you're SOL. :D

Seriously, though, I'm pretty sure a few years ago, the Cali Grill started checking for reservations in the lobby, before you ever got to the resturant. This way, they could better prevent large groups of people hoping to use the lounge or observation deck to see Wishes from making a commotion in the resturant, or violate fire safety laws for that period of time. There is an elevator that specifically only goes to Cali Grill, and a maitre d right next to it. If you don't have reservations, they may call upstairs to see if they had cancellations or a light load of reservations or something. If they don't you won[t even get on the elevator to get to the resturant in the first place.

Likewise, I don't think the other elevators stop at Cali Grill at all (I could be wrong on that one). I don't know what would happen if you tried to go to the floor below Cali Gril and walk up a flight. In any event, they've made a deliberate effort to minimize the amount of people who aren't eating at Cali Grill suddenly showing up, insisting they won't be a bother but could they puh-LEEZE watch Wishes and then leave? They won't be in the way (except their presence takes space away from the people who were foresighted or lucky enough to get their reservations). Come on, where's that Disney magic, you b-a-s-t-a-r-d-s? :rolleyes:

Not to get all snooty, but if anyone with a reason they saw as valid could go up to see Wishes without eating at CG, it would make that Signature (and VERY expensive) meal less special for the people who DID eat there, not to mention make a temporary heavy barrier for employees and diners trying to move around.

Anyone's free to ask for a favor, and you might get lucky with an understanding CM. Personally, I'd feel odd asking for such a favor with just my wife and I. To ask for it for a party of 12, when it also means leaving a table at Ohana's unattended as lots of other guests are waiting for a table so they can eat, and their reservation time comes and goes and they still haven't been seated, and hey THAT BIG table isn't being used, what do you mean THEY got to go up to CaliGrill to see Wishes while we're all waiting for them to get back so WE can eat, hell, WE should be able to go upstairs to see Wishes for having to wait so long, come on gang...well, I think that requrires brass ones.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom