Can I wrap my Xmas gifts?

disneydiva72

Im going to Disney for the week of Xmas so of course Im bringing gifts, can I wrap them? (the ones in the carry on)......can I only wrap the ones going through cargo?

I have NEVER traveled over the holidays by plane so Im really in the dark here. lol

Nemo14

Im going to Disney for the week of Xmas so of course Im bringing gifts, can I wrap them? (the ones in the carry on)......can I only wrap the ones going through cargo?

I have NEVER traveled over the holidays by plane so Im really in the dark here. lol
You can't wrap the ones in your carry-on as far as I know. You could ship them down before your trip though.

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
You can wrap the ones in carry-on, but if the TSA wants to examine what's in them you'll have to open them. Similarly, packages in checked bags can be opened at the discretion of the agents.

I would suggest putting gifts in an opaque plastic bag with their cards and wrapping paper carefully stored with them and wrap when the recipients are asleep after you're there. It'll avoid possible disappointment over something you can't control. Another option would be to send them by Fedex or UPS to the resort in advance.

Upvote 0

disneydiva72

Original Poster
Really? Like luggage?

Luggage that I didn't get for 4 days later, packages sent to the room that I never saw again. Packages sent home I never got. So, now, I take EVERYTHING with me, I never send anything anywhere through Disney.

Even when they take my luggage (when we have to wait for a room) I take the name of the person who checked us in and the guy who physically takes the luggage, and I tell them WHY I want their names, when you have someones name, suddenly they take a little more care with your things.

Upvote 0

Nemo14

Luggage that I didn't get for 4 days later, packages sent to the room that I never saw again. Packages sent home I never got. So, now, I take EVERYTHING with me, I never send anything anywhere through Disney.

Even when they take my luggage (when we have to wait for a room) I take the name of the person who checked us in and the guy who physically takes the luggage, and I tell them WHY I want their names, when you have someones name, suddenly they take a little more care with your things.
Wow - I've never had a problem with Disney - American Airlines lost my luggage once, but Disney had nothing to do with that.

Upvote 0

mousefan1972

We spent Christmas week last year at Disney and are doing so again this year. I sent the box with the kids' presents (already wrapped, of course) to the Polynesian via UPS. Since UPS tracks the package, I knew when it arrived at the Poly. When we checked in, before I could even ask, the CM said "We have 2 packages here for you" (the presents and our tree) :xmas: Even though we checked in on Dec. 19, they held the box with the gifts for me at the desk until Christmas Eve, b/c I didn't want it in the room since our kids would surely find it. It was easy and painless. We will be doing the same thing again this year. :xmas:

Upvote 0

majorrfb

Unwrapped or UPS

We spent Christmas week last year at Disney and are doing so again this year. I sent the box with the kids' presents (already wrapped, of course) to the Polynesian via UPS. Since UPS tracks the package, I knew when it arrived at the Poly. When we checked in, before I could even ask, the CM said "We have 2 packages here for you" (the presents and our tree) :xmas: Even though we checked in on Dec. 19, they held the box with the gifts for me at the desk until Christmas Eve, b/c I didn't want it in the room since our kids would surely find it. It was easy and painless. We will be doing the same thing again this year. :xmas:

Carrying unwrapped or sending your wrapped gifts via UPS or similar transportation is the best way to guarantee your Christmas will be a success.:xmas::sohappy:

Upvote 0

DarthKaufmann

You can wrap the ones in carry-on, but if the TSA wants to examine what's in them you'll have to open them. Similarly, packages in checked bags can be opened at the discretion of the agents.

I would suggest putting gifts in an opaque plastic bag with their cards and wrapping paper carefully stored with them and wrap when the recipients are asleep after you're there. It'll avoid possible disappointment over something you can't control. Another option would be to send them by Fedex or UPS to the resort in advance.

Hello to all. As a TSA officer montymom has the rules down with wrapped christmas gifts. I know that if I had to open a x-mas gift I try to save the paper so that the person can reuse it but most of the time other officers are not so nice. :shrug:

Yay my first post!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Erika

Hello to all. As a TSA officer montymom has the rules down with wrapped christmas gifts. I know that if I had to open a x-mas gift I try to save the paper so that the person can reuse it but most of the time other officers are not so nice. :shrug:

Yay my first post!:sohappy:

Welcome, and now we have a go-to guy :lol:

I'd been wondering if it was safe to wrap presents again yet... now I know. I probably won't take the chance, just wrap when I get to my destination as I've done in the past.

Upvote 0

durangojim

Also, be aware that you cannot bring wrapped gifts inside the parks. Security will make you unwrap them. We found this out the hard way at Epcot last Dec for my mom's bday. Fortunately I was able to wrap it back up faily easily.

Upvote 0

Disneysue

In the Parks
No
Advice from someone who ships things for a living

I would ship either UPS or Fed Ex (DHL NOTORIOUS for loosing things and pointing fingers at everyone except themselves!) UPS and Fed Ex you can track it and if they loose it they WILL reimburse you. Automatic insurance for packages valuing up to $100, and a minor charge for packages over $100. Call your resort in advance (after you make your reservation) and inform them you will be shipping gifts. I'm sure it's not unique during the holidays. You just have to put the name the reservation is under and your arrival date CLEARLY MARKED on the package. Make sure you put clear packing tape over that part so it won't bleed if it gets wet making it illedgible.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom