Can I use unused tickets from 2002?

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
So long story short I was helping my parents move recently and my Dad hands me these tickets (pictured in the attached) that appear to be from 2002 and they are unused and say they never expire. Do you think that Disney would accept these given they are 20 years old? I think that would hilarious and fantastic if they did. Has anybody had this situation before and had success?

BD7EDABF-FEFF-4E76-B891-06833E26282D.jpeg
F2F32BBB-D52C-45AC-9B57-E942E52275B4.jpeg

Disstevefan1

So long story short I was helping my parents move recently and my Dad hands me these tickets (pictured in the attached) that appear to be from 2002 and they are unused and say they never expire. Do you think that Disney would accept these given they are 20 years old? I think that would hilarious and fantastic if they did. Has anybody had this situation before and had success?

View attachment 667794View attachment 667795
This is GREAT! And I also have some (albeit used) of these.
I think this celebration was Walt Disney's 100th birthday.

Upvote 0

Disstevefan1

So now and forever, you would need to get a park pass reservation so the days of walking up to the tapstile and trying to use them are gone since you need to have purchased a ticket to get a reservation.

For sure you will get some sort of credit for these if you call guest services. It will be interesting to see how much credit to get for these beauties.

Upvote 0

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member

In my experience, yes, they'll take them, but *tickets are non-transferrable* so they'll only put them on the My Disney Experience profile of the person who signed the back. (If they're unsigned, don't sign them.) This needs to be done at guest relations, you can't just show up at the entrance of a park with them.

I've also had mixed results with the "plus" features. I've had bad luck redeeming them for Water Park admission, but they've worked for mini golf.

So now and forever, you would need to get a park pass reservation so the days of walking up to the tapstile and trying to use them are gone since you need to have purchased a ticket to get a reservation.
Walking up to the tapstile was never an option, even before Park Pass. Old paper tickets need to be converted to RFID tickets.

Upvote 0

Horizons '83

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
In my experience, yes, they'll take them, but *tickets are non-transferrable* so they'll only put them on the My Disney Experience profile of the person who signed the back. (If they're unsigned, don't sign them.) This needs to be done at guest relations, you can't just show up at the entrance of a park with them.

I've also had mixed results with the "plus" features. I've had bad luck redeeming them for Water Park admission, but they've worked for mini golf.

Walking up to the tapstile was never an option, even before Park Pass. Old paper tickets need to be converted to RFID tickets.
Good to know. Appreciate the insight. They are unsigned, so I will keep them that way :)

Upvote 0

KILUMTL123

Back in 2017, I took 2 paper tickets, that had 1 day left on them, (were date stamped when used, back in 2003) to guest services at Disney Springs. They gave me 2, 1 day hopper passes. I told them there was no need for hoppers, we were just going to MK. They still gave me hoppers. Was not an issue at all.

Upvote 0

erstwo

And yes, the tickets retain their "no expiration" status even once they're loaded to My Disney Experience.

View attachment 667817
That is interesting- when my sisters in law converted their never expire tickets (from 2008) and the CM put them on their My Disney Experience account, they werr given an expiration of 2050. They were told the CM had to put in an expiration year.
Good to know. Appreciate the insight. They are unsigned, so I will keep them that way :)
My sisters in law were able to add the tickets to their My Disney Experience accounts over the phone, but they had a plastic card with a number on the back (key to the world) not paper tickets.

Upvote 0

Horizons '83

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Just a quick follow-up, we went to the World this past weekend and I visited to the ticket booth at Epcot to see if any of the 12 tickets my Dad gave me were used. Turns out there were 7 that weren't! On top of that apparently they were purchased with Park Hoppers and Park Hopper Plus. The CM was extremely helpful and she was actually excited to see all the old tickets. She also didn't make me sign (assign them to anyone in particular) them, so I can actually take friends or family next time I go. Gotta love no expiration date tickets!

Upvote 0

MickeyCB

Just a quick follow-up, we went to the World this past weekend and I visited to the ticket booth at Epcot to see if any of the 12 tickets my Dad gave me were used. Turns out there were 7 that weren't! On top of that apparently they were purchased with Park Hoppers and Park Hopper Plus. The CM was extremely helpful and she was actually excited to see all the old tickets. She also didn't make me sign (assign them to anyone in particular) them, so I can actually take friends or family next time I go. Gotta love no expiration date tickets!
You have 7 unused 4 day park hoppers?! Good for you and what fun!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom