Can I Sneak a Guest Not on Reservation into my Disney Hotel?

RSD Part Deux

I've done this many times without sneaking. It's not needed. Just tell the front desk that your guest will be staying with you and what nights. That will get the same perks that you get. Forgot to add that I've never once been charged any additional fees.

RachelT

The front desk can add him as a "day guest" once you arrive. Typically this would be done to add a guest to a room where package elements came into play to avoid having to book the package for the short stay guest, but should work in this case as well. Depending on the CM you may get charged the per night fee for the extra adult, but it should only be assessed for the days he would be there rather than the whole trip. I've been added in the past and was willing to pay the fee just to use DME and not have to pay for a Mears transfer, but haven't been charged. This is the correct thing to do, both from a karma perspective, as well as making sure head counts match up in case of an emergency.

That said, WDW doesn't have points where they check room keys, match bodies to rooms etc. If you aren't using DME, EMH, etc etc then......
So if you are added as a day guest for say the first night of your stay, can you use the magical express?

dreamfinder

So if you are added as a day guest for say the first night of your stay, can you use the magical express?

You can't be added as a day guest until the reservation has checked in. (At least in my understanding) So if someone checked in early in the AM, and the day guest's flight wasn't until late late, chance you might be able to. But the DME system would need the sync with the booking system in order for the day guest to be added, and who knows how regularly that happens. I wouldn't count on it.

You would most likely need to add the guest to the whole duration of the stay, as that is the only way people can be added in advance to the best of my knowledge. Since dining plan isn't currently offered, there shouldn't be any harm in doing so, unless you have tickets tied to your reservation, which might complicate it.

DfromATX

I'm glad I saw this (old) post. I came here looking for the same information. We are wanting to add our son and his girlfriend to our room and of course they'd want tickets. We weren't sure if it would be easier just to buy tickets separately and "sneak" them into our room, but if we did that then they wouldn't get the early entry, etc. We are staying at the Swan and unfortunately, I have to call them to modify anything and it's currently an hour wait on the phone! Why is it so darn busy on the phone?? Last time I called it was 45 minutes.

Weather_Lady

I'm glad I saw this (old) post. I came here looking for the same information. We are wanting to add our son and his girlfriend to our room and of course they'd want tickets. We weren't sure if it would be easier just to buy tickets separately and "sneak" them into our room, but if we did that then they wouldn't get the early entry, etc. We are staying at the Swan and unfortunately, I have to call them to modify anything and it's currently an hour wait on the phone! Why is it so darn busy on the phone?? Last time I called it was 45 minutes.
Guest services phone line wait times have been a nightmare all over the place (Disney, Universal, hotels, airlines) for the last few months, unfortunately, due to staffing shortages.

Have you tried modifying your reservation online, either through a link in your confirmation e-mail, or through the Marriott Bonvoy app? (If you're not a Bonvoy member, it's free to join and there are some perks to doing so.)

DfromATX

Guest services phone line wait times have been a nightmare all over the place (Disney, Universal, hotels, airlines) for the last few months, unfortunately, due to staffing shortages.

Have you tried modifying your reservation online, either through a link in your confirmation e-mail, or through the Marriott Bonvoy app? (If you're not a Bonvoy member, it's free to join and there are some perks to doing so.)
When I log in to myDisneyExperience, it says I have to call in to modify my reservations and same with paying, which is going to be a big pain! (I don't want to pay it off until it gets closer to the trip in case something happens.) I also tried clicking the link in the confirmation email, but same thing, it said I had to call. I'm not familiar with Bonvoy, but I will look into it. Thank you, @Weather_Lady. I would say that is one "con" with staying at the Swan or Dolphin, but everything else to me is a "pro."

I've been on hold now 40 minutes and have 20 go to. If anyone has a general question, let me know. I may as well as for you while I'm on the phone. 😆

Weather_Lady

When I log in to myDisneyExperience, it says I have to call in to modify my reservations and same with paying, which is going to be a big pain! (I don't want to pay it off until it gets closer to the trip in case something happens.) I also tried clicking the link in the confirmation email, but same thing, it said I had to call. I'm not familiar with Bonvoy, but I will look into it. Thank you, @Weather_Lady. I would say that is one "con" with staying at the Swan or Dolphin, but everything else to me is a "pro."

I've been on hold now 40 minutes and have 20 go to. If anyone has a general question, let me know. I may as well as for you while I'm on the phone. 😆
Ah, I see! If you booked through Disney rather than Marriott, that may impact whether and how you can modify, too.

Good luck! Hopefully you'll get through on that phone call soon. :)

DfromATX

Ah, I see! If you booked through Disney rather than Marriott, that may impact whether and how you can modify, too.

Good luck! Hopefully you'll get through on that phone call soon. :)

Disney was not very helpful today. After spending an hour on hold, the cast member didn't seem to know very much. My question was how much extra to add my son and his girlfriend to our room. First she told me the Swan would not allow me to do that, then I said that didn't make much sense and I guess she realized that. She put me on hold again to double check with someone else, came back and said at this time they were unable to answer my question and I should call back later. Ummm... what?? So I just gave up and went back to work. Another weird thing - and I think you and I have discussed this on another thread - I asked about the bus transportation to MK. I swear the Disney cast member insisted the bus drops us off right at the entrance with all the other buses! I know it's a Mears bus and it drops off at the TTC because you told me that and I Googled it. I only wanted to confirm it because I have to plan for time. In all my years going to Disney, this was the first time I've had a not-so-good experience with a cast member. Maybe she was still in training, who knows.

Long story short, I decided to call the Swan directly and they were very helpful. There is NO charge to add two more people to our room. She said just to tell the front desk when we got there or she could do it now. The only problem is of course I still need park tickets, which they don't sell. And, she confirmed their buses drop off at the TTC and laughed when I told her what Disney said.

Weather_Lady

Disney was not very helpful today. After spending an hour on hold, the cast member didn't seem to know very much. My question was how much extra to add my son and his girlfriend to our room. First she told me the Swan would not allow me to do that, then I said that didn't make much sense and I guess she realized that. She put me on hold again to double check with someone else, came back and said at this time they were unable to answer my question and I should call back later. Ummm... what?? So I just gave up and went back to work. Another weird thing - and I think you and I have discussed this on another thread - I asked about the bus transportation to MK. I swear the Disney cast member insisted the bus drops us off right at the entrance with all the other buses! I know it's a Mears bus and it drops off at the TTC because you told me that and I Googled it. I only wanted to confirm it because I have to plan for time. In all my years going to Disney, this was the first time I've had a not-so-good experience with a cast member. Maybe she was still in training, who knows.

Long story short, I decided to call the Swan directly and they were very helpful. There is NO charge to add two more people to our room. She said just to tell the front desk when we got there or she could do it now. The only problem is of course I still need park tickets, which they don't sell. And, she confirmed their buses drop off at the TTC and laughed when I told her what Disney said.
I'm glad you got the answers... but sorry it took so much time and effort to do it!

If you want to get tickets squared away and save a few dollars off of the direct-from-Disney price, I suggest buying online from Undercover Tourist or one of the other authorized resellers.

This tool from touringplans can help you price out options, if you're so inclined:

Snake

Really? I wonder why my travel agent told me I couldn't do it and he'd have to be on the reservation for the whole trip? I am okay with paying the extra charge, I just didn't want to have to pay it for nights he won't even be at the hotel. I will see what the front desk people can do for me. Thanks!
That just means the travel agent wouldn't get extra $$ for booking a more expensive package, so he couldn't do it. Why do people use travel agents again? I mean you can book rooms online, look at photos of the rooms.

MissingDisney

That just means the travel agent wouldn't get extra $$ for booking a more expensive package, so he couldn't do it. Why do people use travel agents again? I mean you can book rooms online, look at photos of the rooms.
Because travel agents can be an awesome hassle-free experience for busy people and the agents arranging things want to give you the best experience possible. A Person doesn’t have to worry about anything when someone else does all the behind-the-scenes work to make the trip as perfect as possible. And some of them even sprinkle a little extra pixie dust and magic your way. Here’s looking at you @Kingdom Konsultant 😉

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
People use us because some of us are really good at what we do, along with the fact that we build a relationship with the client as well as act as their advocate in case an issue arises. I can tell you that travel agents do not make a whole lot of money. We do what we do because we love travel and we love helping our clients create lasting memories from a wonderful vacation

This thread is 5 years old....

Pam

Last edited:

DfromATX

I'm glad you got the answers... but sorry it took so much time and effort to do it!

If you want to get tickets squared away and save a few dollars off of the direct-from-Disney price, I suggest buying online from Undercover Tourist or one of the other authorized resellers.

This tool from touringplans can help you price out options, if you're so inclined:

Thank you! You've answered a lot of questions on here from me and I appreciate it.

MickeyLuv'r

S/D buses used to drop off at the MK bus stop, same as onsite hotels. This was a pandemic change, I think it was last fall the hotel changed to using Mears.

I also second Undercover Tourist as reputable and reliable. The sooner you buy their tickets, the sooner you can link them to request a park reservation for those park days.

Mickey5150

Why is this ever a question? No, you cannot sneak someone in, you wouldn't be asking the question if the answer was yes. Let me rephrase, if you are unethical you can do whatever you want, if you are ethical, follow the rules and live life as a decent human being.

lightguy

Why is this ever a question? No, you cannot sneak someone in, you wouldn't be asking the question if the answer was yes. Let me rephrase, if you are unethical you can do whatever you want, if you are ethical, follow the rules and live life as a decent human being.
I really hate myself for responding to something on a 5 year old thread, but what's unethical about having a 3rd person in a room that holds 4? It's not like they are magically stealing something from the hotel. Since when do most hotels charge based on the number of people in the room (Room only of course)?

Tuvalu

I really hate myself for responding to something on a 5 year old thread, but what's unethical about having a 3rd person in a room that holds 4? It's not like they are magically stealing something from the hotel. Since when do most hotels charge based on the number of people in the room (Room only of course)?
Disney charges an extra person fee for more than two adults (18+) in a room. So while capacity might be 4 (or 5 in a deluxe), the room rate becomes higher when those extra people are adults.

phillip9698

I never thought bringing extra people to your room would be an issue, especially if it's still below capacity.

So I'm at a hotel and I meet someone while on the trip. I need to let disney know someone is coming up to my room? That seems extremely odd. I've only encountered that sort of policy when in foreign countries and the hotel is in a seedy area.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom