Can I just vent for a minute...?

kimberlymautz

I know with everything going on in the world right now my September/October Disney trip is definitely not high up on anyone's list of "Important things" however having it to look forward to has made the 'Stay Home' order a little easier.

Well I follow a Disney group on Facebook and saw that AT LEAST 25+ people have rescheduled their trips for the same week that I'm supposed to be going and I know more will follow.

Obviously this pandemic isn't their faults (unless they're refusing to stay home and are part of the problem, but I obviously don't know that), but it's such a bummer that it's going to end up being a lot more crowded then I'd hoped. I mean, I already anticipated it being hot and crowded (we've gone the same week before), but I just checked packages out of curiosity and for the same package I have the pricing has increased by over $900.

I know - First World Problems - it just stinks when I can't change my trip because I already paid for my MNSSHP tickets which are non refundable and the entire point of going that week is because it's for my son's 3rd birthday. By the time I could factor in the extra money for his park tickets and food (we have the dining plan and have mostly buffets) my daughter will be turning 10 and the cost for her will increase.

UGH!

Again, I know. I'm just venting on here because I know that you'll "get" that this is frustrating. Obviously I don't want people to have to cancel their trips, or to have this pandemic as the reason for the need to cancel/reschedule them, I just wish they'd pick a different week to reschedule for. 😂

Stay well everyone! Staying home for such long periods of time can be frustrating, but the faster people listen the faster this will pass.

DiSnEyF@n

Me too! I feel it should be 3 AND under, especially when it comes to the dining plan. I can’t imagine paying the same amount for my 3 year old as my 9 year old. He hardly eats anything and I usually share whatever I get with him. Anyway, when I rescheduled the trip the CM didn’t say anything about this. Anyone know if they will ask about this when we go??
agreed. My 3 yo doesn‘t eat anything! 😆

Upvote 0

kimberlymautz

Original Poster
My uncle needed bypass surgery this week (of all weeks to need it) and had to be out on a ventilator (obviously). I can't imagine if he had been in one of the places overrun with the virus. I guess he would have had to been transported to another facility as he was having mini heart attacks while waiting for his procedure to start. He couldn't not have waited very long. People don't get that it's not about "oh I'm healthy" "it's like the flu". The problem is many people need hospitalization from it, much more than the flu, and many MANY more people require ventilation. Hospitals simply can't handle the influx. That's the problem. They are selfish and somehow still uninformed.
I'm so glad to hear that your Uncle is doing well!

I'm also SHOCKED at Florida reopening beaches this weekend. Ugh. One step forward, two steps back. 🤦‍♀️

My coworker actually passed away last week from COVID-19. It's still amazing me how many people aren't taking it seriously, my parents included! My dad still goes into Wawa everyday for coffee and my mom goes to the gas station for lottery tickets. I just don't understand it. I go to the grocery store every 7-10 days and I dread it. I haven't filled my gas tank in a month and still have over 1/2 tank full.

At this point, I'm keeping an eye on things but will likely book a March trip just incase. That would give me enough time to save up the price difference to add my son on for park tickets and dining (SO always insists on the Dining Plan because he likes the sit down break).

I hope everyone is staying healthy and sane during these difficult times♡

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom