Can I add people to a reservation?

disneydiva72

Original Poster
I have to just say this 'cause Im ABSOLUTLY ANNOYED!

My family (me, hubby, 2 kids) decide to go to Disney for Xmas, we decided this and have been planning it since LAST DECEMBER!! I made my reservations 6 months in advanced and was lucky to get what I got....now my husbands brother decides hes taking his family to Disney for Xmas (HIM, HIS SON, HIS WIFE and HIS 2 INLAWS.!!)
He says: "Oh, just add us to your reservations!"

what??????????????

Hellooo people...we are going to Ohana and Boma for dinner (one is xmas eve the other is xmas day!!)

Thats 5 people to add to reservations?? I do not think this is possible, but I thought I would ask you guys if you have ever done it.

IM SO MAD!!! :mad:

But Im proud of myself, I said "Ill see what I can do, but if I cant, I cant, and I am not cancelling my reservations, this trip has been planned for too long."

Thank you to those who listened to my little rant there, I feel better.

mousefan1972

Considering it is just about 3 months away, I would say your chances are slim to none. I've read posts where people couldn't add 1 person to their dining ressies, nevermind 5! And at Christmas, no less!

Call WDW - Dine and ask, but I would stick to your guns that you are not changing your plans, and advice your BIL to call NOW to make ressies for himself and his inlaws.

God bless you... we go to WDW for Christmas to ESCAPE our family. If they decided to come along.... :hammer: :hammer:

disneydiva72

Original Poster
Considering it is just about 3 months away, I would say your chances are slim to none. I've read posts where people couldn't add 1 person to their dining ressies, nevermind 5! And at Christmas, no less!

Call WDW - Dine and ask, but I would stick to your guns that you are not changing your plans, and advice your BIL to call NOW to make ressies for himself and his inlaws.

God bless you... we go to WDW for Christmas to ESCAPE our family. If they decided to come along.... :hammer: :hammer:

THATS why we were going to Disney for Xmas! To escape the family, but they are following us! I want to cry, or smash my head into a wall..............

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I would leave your reservations as is. Give your BIL your times and locations along with the number to Disney dining. If he can get time within about 20 minutes of yours you should have fair to good luck getting seated next to each other. If he can't, oh well, it's quick service for him.

tigsmom

I would leave your reservations as is. Give your BIL your times and locations along with the number to Disney dining. If he can get time within about 20 minutes of yours you should have fair to good luck getting seated next to each other. If he can't, oh well, it's quick service for him.

I agree. He is bing rude and thoughtless. Leave things as they are for your family & let him figure out what to do about his own.

disneydiva72

Original Poster

Ohh good idea! I honestly didn't even think of that. Thank you master!

Nooo this girl is NOT changing anything for people who make last minute decisions about a trip....I hate that, my OCD kicks in high gear! lol

slappy magoo

I agree. He is bing rude and thoughtless. Leave things as they are for your family & let him figure out what to do about his own.

I don't know this cat, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Some people just aren't aware how popular meal reservations have become and that quite often there's no room at any of the inns.

Though based on DisneyDiva72's exasperation, I wouldn't be surprised if this guy has a history of being a total load. :D

Meanwhile, I may have the OPPOSITE problem. Some friends were plannning on going to WDW the same time I was going to take my wife and baby, though they were staying offsite (they have timeshare, I think with Hyatt or Hilton, and we're DVC). All the reservations I made were for 6 people. Now they don't think they can go, but they're not sure yet and won't now until at least next month (we're going mid-December).
Now when I first started making reservations, I was told that, were I to have to switch my reservations - even to reduce the number in the party - they'd have to cancel the reservation outright and see if there were an appropriate table for the new party size...which this late in the game for December, would be unlikely. But if I keep my reservations, I'm keeping the ressies for my family, but screwing over a larger party who might be able to use that table. It seems that, to make sure I lose no reservations, I should just hold on to what I have & say that some of the party had an emergency & couldn't make it. But I hate doing that, too.

tigsmom

I don't know this cat, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Some people just aren't aware how popular meal reservations have become and that quite often there's no room at any of the inns.

Though based on DisneyDiva72's exasperation, I wouldn't be surprised if this guy has a history of being a total load. :D

I don't agree because if that were the case he would have asked her and not told her or even assumed that she wouyld want to or be willing to do the work. There is the possibility that Diva and her family would not want to spend time with them. :lookaroun

And that brings me to another suggestion for Diva...DO NOT feel that you have to spend every waking moment with them. You have your plans already. You can make a daily plan to see some attractions together and/or have a meal or two together, but you don't have to stay together all of the time. We went with my DH's brother and his family (wife & 3 kids) and we all get along very well, but we still took some private time to spend with our families and had swims and meals together ( 9 people together 24/7 would have been too much). It was by far one of the best trips we had and I hope to be able to repeat it in the future.

slappy magoo

I don't agree because if that were the case he would have asked her and not told her or even assumed that she wouyld want to or be willing to do the work. There is the possibility that Diva and her family would not want to spend time with them. :lookaroun

Which is why I added the caveat you neglected to boldface: Though based on DisneyDiva72's exasperation, I wouldn't be surprised if this guy has a history of being a total load.

tigsmom

Which is why I added the caveat you neglected to boldface: Though based on DisneyDiva72's exasperation, I wouldn't be surprised if this guy has a history of being a total load.

Didn't neglect to boldface it, I was addressing the other part of the quote.
I kinda figured she wasn't happy because of her post. :lol:

disneydiva72

Original Poster
Dont fight kids, its Ok.....Yup they are being complete "loads" as you put it. :lol:

The problem is not so much HIM, but its HER, his wife is suuuuuuuuuuch a pain in the ! Everything is yucky, and the food is never good enough, or they have "nothing for her to eat", we walk too fast, we are seeing too many things in one day....blah blah blahhhhhh :dazzle:

slappy magoo

Tell him you ALMOST made reservations for all of you at Liberty Tree Tavern for Xmas Eve, and then you found out they don't have a "pain in the " seating policy and had to cancel. Then help him out with adrs at some of the less-popular resturants (Turf Club? Olivia's? Maya?) and that maybe you'll meet up for dessert.

RogueHabit

I have to just say this 'cause Im ABSOLUTLY ANNOYED!

My family (me, hubby, 2 kids) decide to go to Disney for Xmas, we decided this and have been planning it since LAST DECEMBER!! I made my reservations 6 months in advanced and was lucky to get what I got....now my husbands brother decides hes taking his family to Disney for Xmas (HIM, HIS SON, HIS WIFE and HIS 2 INLAWS.!!)
He says: "Oh, just add us to your reservations!"

what??????????????

Hellooo people...we are going to Ohana and Boma for dinner (one is xmas eve the other is xmas day!!)

Thats 5 people to add to reservations?? I do not think this is possible, but I thought I would ask you guys if you have ever done it.

IM SO MAD!!! :mad:

But Im proud of myself, I said "Ill see what I can do, but if I cant, I cant, and I am not cancelling my reservations, this trip has been planned for too long."

Thank you to those who listened to my little rant there, I feel better.

Well I know what my answer to said Brother in Law would be and the second word would be OFF!

RogueHabit

Dont fight kids, its Ok.....Yup they are being complete "loads" as you put it. :lol:

The problem is not so much HIM, but its HER, his wife is suuuuuuuuuuch a pain in the ! Everything is yucky, and the food is never good enough, or they have "nothing for her to eat", we walk too fast, we are seeing too many things in one day....blah blah blahhhhhh :dazzle:
Thsi is more about thgey're gonna ruin your very well planned and hard worked for vacation, than the ADR's me thinks.

I feel for you DD72; as they say, you can choose your friends, but not your family...

I hope your still get the vacation you planned for.

CAPTAIN HOOK

I'm siding with everyone else here - give your B-I-L Disneys phone number and let him sort out his own reservations - if you're not careful B-I-L and his party are going to ruin your well laid out plans. Don't let him spoil your Christmas trip :mad:

disneydiva72

Original Poster
well now they decided they are going to go from the 20th thru the 24th....so we will just see them on the 23rd....they are probably a bit miffed about how I handled everything, so decided to change their days (can you imagine if I canceled reservations for them??) but they can scratch there and get glad, we had this planned for too long to care.....

Im not usually so unbending and cold but they do this all the time and expect people to bend to their plans, but I wasn't backing down this time, too much time, planning and money has gone into this trip.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
well now they decided they are going to go from the 20th thru the 24th....so we will just see them on the 23rd....they are probably a bit miffed about how I handled everything, so decided to change their days (can you imagine if I canceled reservations for them??) but they can scratch there and get glad, we had this planned for too long to care.....

Im not usually so unbending and cold but they do this all the time and expect people to bend to their plans, but I wasn't backing down this time, too much time, planning and money has gone into this trip.
I hope you don't mind but I am going to steal this phrase from you and begin mixing it into my daily conversations.:lol:

Changes

Yea...forget about making changes. I dutifully sat by my phone on day 180 to get my ressies for our trip Nov 29-Dec 7. Then...a coworker begged for me to take her and her son (we are all good friends but still..this is Disney!!) So paid her half of the room, tix and DP but then I remembered that I had all Dining ressies for 2 people. I was totally unable to add 2 people to my Chef Mickey, Crystal Palace or Liberty Tree ressies for that week. So I call everyday now hoping for cancellations. Next year, I will keep my Disney trip to myself :):hammer:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom