Can anyone tell me about Treasure Island?

Elaine

Original Poster
I know that Discovery Island was originally Treasure Island at WDW. Will someone please tell me what it was like and all about it?

castlecake2.0

Discovery Island was located in the 7seas Lagoon. Transportation was provided by a ferry that launched from D's Contemporary Resort. The island was an Ecological Reserve for rare animals including turtles and many birds. Cast Members were there to answer questions about the animals, and I believe there was even a small vet-clinic. Most of the animals were re-located to D'sAK when it opened in 1998. Right now the island is not being used for anything. There were rumors at one time that some private honeymoon suites would be built on the island.

Pioneer Hall

It's fun to go around the island when you are on a watermouse. I wish I could go walk around there one day and see what is still there.

Elaine

Original Poster
Treasure Island

Thanks for the Discovery Island info but I am interested inknowing about Treasure Island. Was it the same as Discovery Island or did they use it for something else?

jmarc63

Originally posted by castlecake2.0
Discovery Island was located in the 7seas Lagoon. Transportation was provided by a ferry that launched from D's Contemporary Resort. The island was an Ecological Reserve for rare animals including turtles and many birds. Cast Members were there to answer questions about the animals, and I believe there was even a small vet-clinic. Most of the animals were re-located to D'sAK when it opened in 1998. Right now the island is not being used for anything. There were rumors at one time that some private honeymoon suites would be built on the island.

Treasure Island/Discovery Island is in the center of Bay lake on the east side of the Contempoary. Bay Lake was the only natural body of water on the property when Walt bought the property in the 60s. It was the reason that walt wanted to build WDW there

jmarc63

Originally posted by DisneyInsider
It's fun to go around the island when you are on a watermouse. I wish I could go walk around there one day and see what is still there.

Even though the Dock is still there, I belive it would considered as tresspassing to be on the Island so I wouldn't risk getting ogff you water craft there. As far as I know all the structures are still there just the animals were transfered to AK or other zoos in the US.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom