Can anyone compare DLP to WDW?

robhedin

Original Poster
Hi all!

My wife and I are taking an extended vacation, mainly to the UK and Ireland but will be spending about 6 days in Paris. I was wondering if anyone here has gone to both DLP and WDW and, if so, can tell me if it's worth a day.

One concern I have is that we get into Paris the night of August 28th, and DLP has their Fantasy in the Sky fireworks through the 29th, so if we wanted to see that we'd need to go pretty much our first full day there (maybe in the afternoon as the park is open until 11pm). I'm not sure I want our first day in Paris to be Mickey Mouse instead of the Louvre, or Notre Dame, or the Eiffel Tower.

Thanks!

rob.

ogryn

I've been to DLP but not actual Paris, so I can't say which is better in that respect.

DLP's Magic Kingdom is worth two days ;) , DLP Studios is worth half-a-day. The Magic Kingdom compared to Florida's [seems] larger, and benefits from being the newest MK. All the best bits from the other parks got included and more: large It's A Small World with its own facade... Thunder Mountain coaster on its own island, seperated from the station on the mainland... Space Mountain's musical score, cannon launch, inversions... Big Castle with AA Dragon living underneath... Autopia as opposed to Indy Speedway... longer Pirates than WDW... Storybook Land...

All beautifully designed and landscaped. I think the Paris MK beats the Florida one hands down (although I do miss WEDWAY and Splash), but WDW as a whole is top-of-the-league! :wave:

Take DLP as a way to ease yourself into French culture in little steps. Everything is bi-lingual over there, so you get used to some French, whilst having the back-up of people speaking English as well.

robhedin

Original Poster
Thanks for the info

Thanks! Sounds interesting.

We're going to be spending time in Paris, regardless, I'm trying to decide if it's worth spending *any* time at DLP (i.e. is it worth the trip over or not).

Thanks again!

rob.

jrriddle

ogryn said:
I've been to DLP but not actual Paris, so I can't say which is better in that respect.

DLP's Magic Kingdom is worth two days ;) , DLP Studios is worth half-a-day. The Magic Kingdom compared to Florida's [seems] larger, and benefits from being the newest MK. All the best bits from the other parks got included and more: large It's A Small World with its own facade... Thunder Mountain coaster on its own island, seperated from the station on the mainland... Space Mountain's musical score, cannon launch, inversions... Big Castle with AA Dragon living underneath... Autopia as opposed to Indy Speedway... longer Pirates than WDW... Storybook Land...

All beautifully designed and landscaped. I think the Paris MK beats the Florida one hands down (although I do miss WEDWAY and Splash), but WDW as a whole is top-of-the-league! :wave:

Take DLP as a way to ease yourself into French culture in little steps. Everything is bi-lingual over there, so you get used to some French, whilst having the back-up of people speaking English as well.

Couldn't have said it any better. Also Rob, if you haven't already check out http://www.dlp-guidebook.de/ it's a great site dedicated to DLP.

WDWScottieBoy

Since you have 6 days in Paris I would recommend using one of those days at DLP. Deffinetley spend the other 5 in Paris. There is so much to do over there I just wish I still lived in Switzerland. (I lived less than a mile from the France border.) I have heard that DLP also has the best Space Mountain, so that's a plus. Also, it is just an overall great park. With it being larger, it looks a lot nicer too!

And ogryn, DLP does not have the newest MK if I'm not mistaken. I believe the one in Asia is newer, but I could be very wrong.

jrriddle

WDWScottieBoy said:
And ogryn, DLP does not have the newest MK if I'm not mistaken. I believe the one in Asia is newer, but I could be very wrong.
DLP is newer than Japan, but older than Hong Kong. But HK isn't finished yet. So I'm not sure what my point is.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
DO NOT GO WITHOUT GOING TO DLP!!! We spent 5 days/ 4 nights - and one more day would have been handy. Basically, as much as I love WDW`s MK, DLP`s Disneyland Park (their MK) knocks Florida for 6 at every turn. It would be a walkover if they had Splash.

ogryn

WDWScottieBoy said:

I did think about that... but seeing that Hong Kong isn't open for another year, Paris is still the newest Magic Kingdom.

And Rob, go for it. You'll love it, it is different but reassuringly the same (if you know what I mean)

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
DEFINITELY visit. DLP is incredible, by far the best Magic Kingdom of them all. Every land is better than our MK, plus they have the greatest Space Mountain on the planet as well as the best-looking castle. It is, without a doubt, worth the trip.

venooch333

Deffinately go but (this may sound weird) keep moving, even whilst queing"" French people will push you out of the way :mad: When i visited i saw one kid jump over the rails and go straight to the front of a queue and the castmembers do nothing about it :fork: :king:

djmatthews

GO GO GO. I'm just going to reitterate what others have said. Disneyland Park in Paris is beautiful, yes it lacks various attractions from WDW, but it makes up for it in other attractions like Space Mounatin and Indy. I find the park more spacious, Discoveryland and Fantsyland are far better than WDW.

You should get the good weather too. Check out the schedules though so you don't miss anything. Have a great time over here! :sohappy:

barnum42

As you are in the neighbourhood I'd say it's well worth a visit. The train station is right at the entrance so it's easy enough to reach from Paris.

WDWScottieBoy

djmatthews said:
I don't get it?

White flags symbolize defeat and surrender in a war.

dodgr98 said:
The biggest difference I noticed was that all of the flags at Disneyland Paris were white.

That was highly uncalled for. I don't want to be mean or sound rude, but let's PLEASE leave politics out of the threads.

DisneyFan 2000

dodgr98 said:
The biggest difference I noticed was that all of the flags at Disneyland Paris were white.

Stop looking for trouble. No one is interested!

As for DLP,
It is recognized as Disney's most glamerous and lavish theme park. Although I've been there, I hardly remember a thing but I can tell you from pics the place is detailed to the bone. (It almost seems as if a fairytale just came to life). There are many attractions to explore which are quite different from Florida's MK. If you aren't too keen on visiting Disney for multiple days I'd highly recommend that you skip WDSP. It just isn't worth it if you already have plans!
If you'd like more specific info feel free to PM me! :wave:

Disney Fan.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom