Can an adult order off the kids menu at WDW?

BRER STITCH

Order whatever you like.
The Cast Members don't care who it's for.

For example, Fathers order for kids all the time -- noone would question it!

HAVE FUN!

:wave:

Upvote 0

dxwwf3

Most of the time there is no problem. I am a 19 year old 6'3" 250 pound male and I have never had a problem ordering from the kids menu :lol: One time at San Angel Inn (Mexico) they wouldn't let me but that is the only time I have ever run into that problem. I am a very picky eater so whenever we go to the Brown Derby (for instance) there is nothing that even comes close to what I like on the main menu so I always get the kids grilled chicken breast and I love it.

Upvote 0

misskat

oooh yay!kids meals with toys! :) less food= less fat= more fun! :sohappy:

sometimes at restraunts here they wont let u get the kids meals, *grrr* :fork:

Upvote 0

SewIn2Disney

I'm 19 (and was there 3 weeks ago, and in Dec) and they have never given me a problem at all. And I only order off of the kids menu. Although, some menu's do say "for mickeys little friends, 12 and under please" In that case, instead of going against it I just split an entree with someone else. Also if you are concerned about only liking the food on the kids menu, they will gladly fix you an adult portion of any kids meal. We did that many times, and never had a problem.

Upvote 0

LivefortheMouse

I once went to Norway and liked nothing in the kids or adult menu im a very picky eater. I told them i wanted spaghetti and they made it specially for me. :) disney is very nice to us picky eaters. I have ordered of the kids menus before at fast food restaurants in disney never tried it at a restaurant though my cousin did at cinderellas royal table.

Upvote 0

paperboy

I went to the Character Meal at Garden Grill. I did not like their adult menu at all. I guess I am picky too, so I asked if I could get the kids meal. She said absolutely, but they would have to charge me the adult price. That was fine with me..I am just glad I didn't have to eat the Pumpkin Bread they were serving:hurl:

Paperboy's wife

Upvote 0

whatwouldwaltdo

Original Poster
Originally posted by paperboy
I went to the Character Meal at Garden Grill. I did not like their adult menu at all. I guess I am picky too, so I asked if I could get the kids meal. She said absolutely, but they would have to charge me the adult price. That was fine with me..I am just glad I didn't have to eat the Pumpkin Bread they were serving:hurl:

Paperboy's wife

We have alot in common. I thought the food at the Garden Grille was disgusting!:eek:

Upvote 0

Big Pooh

Originally posted by misskat
oooh yay!kids meals with toys! :) less food= less fat= more fun! :sohappy:

sometimes at restraunts here they wont let u get the kids meals, *grrr* :fork:

I'm going to try and not get flamed for this, and I mean no disrespect to you or anyone else :) , but there is a reason most restaurants won't let you order off the kid's menu. Quite simply, restaurants and their tipped employee's are in business to make money. Full service Restaurants make very little to no money on kid's meals. Some restaurants serve full kid meals for less than $4, including drink and sometimes dessert. It costs the
restaurant more than that to buy the food, pay someone to cook it, put it on the plate and wash the dishes afterwards. For tipped employees, generally speaking, the less the meal costs, the less the tip is. That's not always true, but most people tip a percentage of the meal cost.

I've always wondered why Disney allows adults to order from the kids menu. It does'nt make financial sense, but hey, if they're willing to bite the bullet to keep guests happy, then I'm all for it.

Cheers :wave:

Upvote 0

whatwouldwaltdo

Original Poster
I never said I wasn't willing to pay an adult price for a kid's meal. I just want them to be able to order something that they'll eat, whatever the cost.:animwink:

Upvote 0

HebeJebe

I guess it depends on where you order if you get a toy. I got a kids meal at the Gourmet Pantry in Downtown Disney & the All-Star Resorts where they put in a Mickey straw and from the Backlot Express at Disney-MGM they had a plastic glow in the dark pencil case/ mini lunch box.

Upvote 0

Big Pooh

Originally posted by whatwouldwaltdo
I never said I wasn't willing to pay an adult price for a kid's meal. I just want them to be able to order something that they'll eat, whatever the cost.:animwink:

Oh, I understand that, and I meant no offfense by my post. :) Are the kids meals at Disney big enough to fill up a teenager? I work at Red Lobster, and our kids meals are big enough for a light lunch, but not nearly big enough for a teenager or adult's main meal of the day.

Cheers :wave:

Upvote 0

Beauty and the

I only ever have a kids meal at afast food restaurant, so there never has been a problem.

America is the only country in the world that I've ever been to that doesn't get annoyed if you want to split a meal between two and ask for an extra plate, its taken us 12years of visiting not to be too embarased to ask to do this, another great reason for visiting the USof A:sohappy: :sohappy:

Upvote 0

misskat

Full service Restaurants make very little to no money on kid's meals. Some restaurants serve full kid meals for less than $4, including drink and sometimes dessert

like whatwouldwaltdo said, i'd pay adults price for a kids meal :) if i got a toy dammit!

i don't feel disrespected bigpooh, i know why they don't want people to order of the kid's menu, but if they let people, then...they're just asking for it to be done!

Upvote 0

Disneyanna0521

Account Suspended
this is not a kids meal or any meal..but this is about toys...in AK they dont have plastic silverware or straws....so if u get a lemonade-icy (i LOVE those!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) they will give u a spoon-straw (spoon with a hole in the bottom so it can be a straw) with AK mickey on top...i still have it and use it alot (i got in 5/02

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom