Camera Condensation

vb4hire

Original Poster
I was very disapointed that I could not use my digital camera in the parks. The constant in and out of air conditioning and heat (was 86 all week) caused the inside of my camera to fog up and be unusable for a long time. Luckily my camcorder wasn't affected, but I missed out on taking great high res digital pics.

Have others experienced this, and any suggestions to get around this? I dropped the camera in the past, possibly shifting the case enough to give the air a way in?

Nansafan

The dropping the camera sounds like a plausible explanation. My cousin had trouble in 2002 when we were there in July (very humid) with her camcorder which was quite old. The battery door didn't close all the way and had to be rubber-banded shut. I'm guessing it was an air thing for her too. My brothers brand new Sony camcorder was fine.

dolbyman

I stuffed my camera bags with sillica gel packs ... that did the trick of dehydrating the camera even after some water rides :animwink:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I`ve only had problems with a video camera (serves me right but thats another story)

I left it to climatise for a few minutes and it was fine. Sound like a seal has gone.

barnum42

Only the lens fogging up in the morning after the kit had spent the night in a cool hotel room has been my only condensation problem.

Robfasto

barnum42 said:
Only the lens fogging up in the morning after the kit had spent the night in a cool hotel room has been my only condensation problem.

Same here, I have used a number of different cameras over the years and only have problems in the morning when leaving the cold room. If I have a room with a balcony (2nd Floor and up) I will set the camera bag outside at night so I don't have to worry about condensation in the morning.

vb4hire

Original Poster
I was getting hammered all over the park... First arrived at MK and was able to take pics on main street, went left to Adventureland (cause everyone goes right) and it started acting up in the line quueue of Jungle Cruise... still outside but airconditioned... about 30 mins later started working again, then died after coming out of Pirates of Caribean..

Awe man... I guess this means I'll have to buy myself that new Canon S2 camera. rats :rolleyes:

Robfasto

vb4hire said:
I was getting hammered all over the park... First arrived at MK and was able to take pics on main street, went left to Adventureland (cause everyone goes right) and it started acting up in the line quueue of Jungle Cruise... still outside but airconditioned... about 30 mins later started working again, then died after coming out of Pirates of Caribean..

Awe man... I guess this means I'll have to buy myself that new Canon S2 camera. rats :rolleyes:

I would love to get the S2, don't think it will happen for a bit as I just bought the S1 about 1 week before the S2 was announced... always my luck.

I have never seen a camera that sensitive to changing temps. If you hadn't mentioned that it would fog up I would have thought it was a bad battery.

tigsmom

I've never had that problem and I've used traditional 35 mm, digital and even disposable cameras. If you can take the camera in to be checked, maybe the drop did some damage.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom