Calorie Counting at WDW

What is the Absolute Best Cup of Coffee at WDW?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tink33

I'm going to use my Fitbit on my trip. I'll have my phone on me. So I'll be able to see how far I've walked and calories burned. I try to make healthy choices. I also share meals with my daughter & husband. This may sound weird but I go for really good snacks. I make a list of snacks I want to try. I figure if I eat a healthier meal, I can have that cupcake or ice cream.

Michael Shiels

Original Poster
Thanks again everyone for the excellent advice! I do plan for my wife and I to have our Fitbits on us the entire trip. Last time we were here together, we used the Disney Dining Plan. WAY TOO MUCH FOOD! It was like they were pushing it on us. ;) I turned down most deserts simply based on how full I was. We do plan to split the meals since I cannot eat as much as I used to. I appreciate all the information everyone has solicited. My countdown continues...

See you all in the forums!

Michael Shiels

Original Poster
Also thanks to the votes in my poll regarding the best pressed coffee at WDW. Since Kouzzina will be closed by the time we return, my wife and I need a new pressed-coffee fix! Hopefully Kona or another location will be just as wonderful for us as Kouzzina was.

WDWoptmist

Calorie Counting in Disney World...blasphemy!!! But in all seriousness I would take a vacation from counting as well...now that doesnt mean crush your diet but just be smart eat some healthier options and you will know roughly how you are doing. You also have to remember you really do walk a TON at WDW. Stay away from french fries at every meal and soda and really you will be eating pretty healthy. Just eat smart and enjoy your vacation :)

Michael Shiels

Original Poster
Calorie Counting in Disney World...blasphemy!!! But in all seriousness I would take a vacation from counting as well...now that doesnt mean crush your diet but just be smart eat some healthier options and you will know roughly how you are doing. You also have to remember you really do walk a TON at WDW. Stay away from french fries at every meal and soda and really you will be eating pretty healthy. Just eat smart and enjoy your vacation :)

It does seem blasphemous, doesn't it!? :happy:

tink33

We feel the same way about the regular dining plan. That is why we get the QS plan, which is still too much food. We skip the fries too ( we don't soda at all). Our last trip a few years ago, we had 7 QS meals left at the end of our trip. Yikes!

Michael Shiels

Original Poster
We feel the same way about the regular dining plan. That is why we get the QS plan, which is still too much food. We skip the fries too ( we don't soda at all). Our last trip a few years ago, we had 7 QS meals left at the end of our trip. Yikes!

Oh wow! That is alot of unused QS dining plan. We used the regular dining plan; I did like how we were able to substitue Monster beverages for snacks...that went a long way for our early morning caffeine fix!

LucyK

You can still have the DDP and not eat too much/eat healthy. We get the DDP every trip but we share a CS entre, subbing the fries for veggies whenever possible and asking for water instead of soda, almost all QS locations offers too much food anyway. We normally do a CS breakfast and lunch (both are shared) with a TS dinner. Desserts are only eaten during dinner, we try to get celery sticks and carrot or grapes for dessert every other time, it's a great mid day snack.

tink33

Oh wow! That is alot of unused QS dining plan. We used the regular dining plan; I did like how we were able to substitue Monster beverages for snacks...that went a long way for our early morning caffeine fix!

What we ended up doing was to go back to our resort. We got food for the drive home. The CM let us make meals to use up the 7 we had left, which was great. We are flying this next trip and got the QS dining plan again. If we have meals left over, I'm not sure if I can bring home food on the plane. :)

BuddyThomas

I actually lost 8 lbs during our 24 days at both WDW and Universal last year. I paced myself and made smart choices, allowing a treat everyday for good behavior (missed 3 days of but one was the Fireworks dessert party!).

It's doable when you have a goal in mind and don't want to stray away from it.
24 days????????????? I can't figure out if I'm jealous or confused on how that is possible. Anyway, sounds great.

Michael Shiels

Original Poster
What we ended up doing was to go back to our resort. We got food for the drive home. The CM let us make meals to use up the 7 we had left, which was great. We are flying this next trip and got the QS dining plan again. If we have meals left over, I'm not sure if I can bring home food on the plane. :)

That is pretty neat they let you make some take home meals. Very cool Disney!

Michael Shiels

Original Poster
You can still have the DDP and not eat too much/eat healthy. We get the DDP every trip but we share a CS entre, subbing the fries for veggies whenever possible and asking for water instead of soda, almost all QS locations offers too much food anyway. We normally do a CS breakfast and lunch (both are shared) with a TS dinner. Desserts are only eaten during dinner, we try to get celery sticks and carrot or grapes for dessert every other time, it's a great mid day snack.

Agreed. The reason we will not be getting the plan again is simply too much food. I would be wasting money purchasing the plan for two when one total meal fills both of us up. And we both will mostly skip deserts...mostly. One appetizer and one entre is plenty...and leaves room for a small snack if needed. With our weight loss and healthier eating habits at home, we simply do not eat the volumes of food we did before.

Thanks for the tips everyone! Love the input! :D

LucyK

24 days????????????? I can't figure out if I'm jealous or confused on how that is possible. Anyway, sounds great.
Yep, 8 pounds in 24 days. We stay in Orlando between 23-30 days. With all the walking and eating healthy and pacing yourself I lost 8 pounds by the time I weighed myself back home.

You can use your credits up. 1 QS credit = 2 snack credits. Get loads of snacks for when you get home

Bparso87

I am a health but work out 6 days a week and eat healthy but at wdw it goes out the window. First off u should eat 6 times a day it helps u speed up ur metabolism so it is tough to eat that many times and food is way to good to eat healthy I spend that much money on food I will eat what in want.

KLinder7

I count calories with an iphone app just to try to maintain a some what decent diet. While in Disney I didn't even bother counting! :) With all that walking I'm sure it was as good as going to the gym.

Csmith041177

I try to keep myself in as good a shape as I can, eat well, lift weights, run regulalry. However, when we go to Disney, enjoying the food (and not worrying about it), is one of my absolute favorite things. So before the trip, I do as well as I can, and after the trip I try to get back on the health train. But yeah, during our trip, you can see me walk out of a Columbia Harbour House lunch straight to grab a Turkey Leg in Frontierland on the way to get a Dole Whip in Adventureland!

Sparkle81

I lost 88lb doing Weight Watchers over the course of just over a year & decided that on our 10 night trip last December, I would 'relax' about food and just eat whatever I wanted, particularly as we had the free dining plan too. I came back and had gained 2lb which, considering some of the food I ate, I wasn't too displeased with (and it soon came off again!). I think the walking obviously helped but also after a few days of eating rich food that I was no longer used to, I found my portion sizes getting smaller, my choices changing and I was skipping meals because I just wasn't hungry. I felt pressurised a bit to use my credits (our server at 50s Prime Time virtually forced us to take a brownie to go as she couldn't bear us to lose a dessert credit when myself & DH just wanted to split one!) but I ended up just taking lots of snacks home to use up credits and giving them to family.

Whatever you decide to do, have fun! :)

coachwnh

I actually lost 8 lbs during our 24 days at both WDW and Universal last year. I paced myself and made smart choices, allowing a treat everyday for good behavior (missed 3 days of but one was the Fireworks dessert party!).

It's doable when you have a goal in mind and don't want to stray away from it.
:jawdrop:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom