Calling Any CM for assistance in important Matter!

BuzzLite_Fran

Original Poster
This is to any cast member....... I am going to attach my story that happened last Sept while visiting the Magic Knigdom.....My Wife and I really want to make sure a very special cast member got recognized as a result of my inquiry and email. I have tried several times to get in contact with this cast member to make sure he got recognized for a VERY SPECIAL thing he did for our disabled daughter last year. After you read my story if anone knows this cast member or has a way to make contact with him PLEASE LET ME KNOW WE REALLY WANT TO HELP THIS AWESOME CAST MEMBER GET CREDIT FOR A VERY MAGICAL EXPERIENCE.! We will be returning in Nov for our annual trip and would so very much like to meet him again...His name is Matthew Arter he was working at Magic Kingdow City Hall at the time (Last Sept)
We have never received any answers to our emails to guest communications about our praise of Mr. Arter. I know he is still employed at WDW because I was in Orlando last month on a business trip, and went to MK for the day and inquired as to his status. They said he was still there but off that day. I wrote on a comment card to priase him, but i really want to make sure he got it and he got recognized.
*****************Help If anyone can I would greatly appreciate it

heres my story:::::::::::::::::::::::
My wife, daughter and i were at wdw october 2003. Now this was the second annual wdw pilgrimage.....(the third is planned for nov 12-20 2004)!!!!!!! Yeaaa!.....anyway
to make a really long story shorter...our 7 year old daughter alyssa's favorite disney movie and characters are beauty and the beast and belle... Now we had done the obligitory princess brakfast in the norway pavilion, as well as dinner with cinderella at 1900 park fare at the grand floridian, but my daughter really loves belle in here yellow ball gown. At home she would always dance and mimic the dance belle would do at the end of the movie with the beast.... She knows every word of the movie, and absolutely loves it all! Anyway we had met belle in her blue peasant dress at the breakfast.
We had also went to the beauty and the beast mlive on stage at the mgm studios. One of the cast members noticed my daughter and how she was singing all the songs with the cast etc....we got to talking to her at the end of the play, and we told her that alyssa has autism. She suggested that we talk to someone at the mk guest relations about the possibility of meeting belle in her ballgown at the end of the next day's performance...

We the next day when we went to the mk guest relations and began to re tell the story to one of the cast members there he advised us that there was really no way he could arrange that, but said he would try to see if there was something else he could do. He told us to call him later in the day....which we did.
At 130pm we again contacted him, and he told us that he was able to arrange a private meeting with belle in her yellow ballgown immediately after the share a dream come true parade, to come to city hall
well i had to make a mad dash to our resort (all stars movies) to retrieve the replica yellow ballgown dress we had purchase months in advance of our trip...
We wanted her to be dressed like belle when she got to meet her.!
I made it just in time for the parade/////// well we settled in to watch the parade in front of city hall. When the part where alice and the mad tea party show up, alice noticed her and pulled her out into the parade and she got to dance and be in the parade for about 5 minutes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow it was awesome

anyway after the parade we went to city hall where they ushered us into a private room, offered us soft drinks, and were so courteous to us they treated us like kings.
We waited a few minutes and then the most magical think happened that i believe i will never forget as long as i live......belle arrived in all of her splendor and our daughter was in 7th heaven. She spent about 20 minutes with us and alyssa and we took so many pictures and video...........it truely made my daughter's dream come true as well as us.....
It was truely the most magical experience i have ever had!!!!!!!!! All thanks to the disney cast members who took the time to listen to a parent's story about their disabled child and her love of disney magic.........
i know i have bored a few of you but i just wanted to share my story of some wonderful disney cast members who were awesome

careship

Takes the tissues from tigsmom.....

2 posts in the same day about how Disney can go above and beyond....that is awesome..

we've had an experience like that...sortof too....and it's just awesome when they do that. I always try to make sure the CM's know how great they are and let guest communications know that too....

yes tigsmom, I told the lady at guest communications about all the great CM's we had too....I keep a list of names each trip for those who are just fabulous.

Enderikari

HahHAhahAHHHAhhAHhHAhAHh....

I know Matthew, next time I see him I will ask him if he got it and get back to you. Not only does Matthew work in the same basic area as me, he was also my trainer. I can only assume that they did get your message, because now Matthew, the Cast Member who was so great the first time, is helping to train all of us to be as much help as he was to you, send me a PM if you have any huge requests you want to send him, I will try and get in touch...

I do happen to agree as well, he is one of the best

Pixie Duster

Each and every single day that I work I see cast members being recognized through Main Street Diary, Eyes and Ears, bullentin board postings, GSF cards. I truly believe that even though our great guests may not get an e-mail back, the cast members they rave about are getting recognized.

Thank you for sharing such a great story.

Foolish Mortal

Wow Buzz, that's not boring at all. Great story. Happy to hear your daughter got the chance to have the experience. Hats off to Belle also.

BDAN29

This is a great story. There is a Cast Member recommendation line that you can try to contact him through again. I will look for the number, and if I find it, I will be sure to post it here. Just keep trying. The Disney Cast Members are the ones that make differences like these. He didn't have to do any of this, but he clearly went to a great effort to help you. You can't beat the Disney Cast Members.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Made my evening

Great thread and story to read !!
Sounds like with Enderikari's help you will be able to get your confirmation.
With that connection, I would also suggest following up with Belle. I think one other person on this thread mentioned, but the characters often do so much to make meetings special. Yea, you might say it's more their jobs than with the CM's, but they deserve a lot of recognition as well.

PS Ender, need to change your location as it's past June 16, and you have arrived!

barnum42

I sent a list of CM names to Disney, and although Disney could not give confirmation that word reached the CMs the assured me it would. Now that Irwaddidy Erik is working the summer at Kilimanjaro Safari I aked him to see if word had reached a couple of CMs at that attraction. Yesterday he reported that it had and the CMs had received "Thanks for making the magic" pins :sohappy:

cherrynegra

Wow!! That was a great story!! What a nice way to start the morning. Reading a great tale. When Disney goes all out, it can really be a magical moment. :king:

monorail256

....thats a really great story. The magic of Disney is a powerful thing, and its amazing how CM's use the magic. I'm always happy when I read a thread about things like this. :)

BuzzLite_Fran

Original Poster
All Capps

For those of you out there concerned with my use of capps, i appologize i had typed this story out once before and i didn't think it would be a big deal, i just didnt want to retype it again since its a long story. anyway i apoligize and hope my reputation doesnt take much more of a negative hit
:wave: :hammer:
May everyone have a zippity do da day!

barnum42

BuzzLite_Fran said:
For those of you out there concerned with my use of capps, i appologize i had typed this story out once before and i didn't think it would be a big deal, i just didnt want to retype it again since its a long story. anyway i apoligize and hope my reputation doesnt take much more of a negative hit
:wave: :hammer:
May everyone have a zippity do da day!
No worries - should you wish to go down the track of sending the story to Disney, you can use Microsoft Word to change everything to lower case, then you just have to worry about putting back any capitals. :wave:

careship

Hakuna mattata....

Caps doesn't get me going...if I'm gonna nail ya with a negative....it'll be for "bigger" and better things than that...LOL

BuzzLite_Fran

Original Poster
barnum42 said:
No worries - should you wish to go down the track of sending the story to Disney, you can use Microsoft Word to change everything to lower case, then you just have to worry about putting back any capitals. :wave:
how do i correct it in word? can u tell me and ill edit my post

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom