Calling all people who were in Animal Kingdom December of 2012!!!....

sburdenj

Was anyone in Animal kingdom on December 13, 2012? Hubby and I were on our honeymoon and we rode in the parade. Hoping for some video or pictures. We took a few of our own and photopass took a couple but those did not come out so great. We were hoping we could find someone who was there who might have a pic or video of us passing by. The crowds were pretty big for the parade so hopefully someone out there has a little something. I have a pic of us on the float attached and we were on the "hippo" float. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• CIMG3658.JPG
    CIMG3658.JPG
    106.6 KB · Views: 58

fauzha7

On Dec 7, 2009, my wife and I rode on the first float (Rafiki) of that parade. A few months later, I was watching YouTube videos of WDW like I do every day and was surprised when I saw us in the parade. We are a couple of kids in our mid 50's at the time in line with all the other kids getting pictures taken in Camp Minnie/Mickey and was approached by a couple CM. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTtUKymeJhs They asked if we were having a good time and asked what can they do to make our visit magical. We told them that we were having fun doing all the stuff we didn't get to do on our 2008 trip because I got sick the second day and by the time we got home, I was in the hospital with MRSA caused by a bug bite or a scratch on my leg. They then asked with we'd like to be the Grand Marshall's

Upvote 0

sburdenj

Original Poster
On Dec 7, 2009, my wife and I rode on the first float (Rafiki) of that parade. A few months later, I was watching YouTube videos of WDW like I do every day and was surprised when I saw us in the parade. We are a couple of kids in our mid 50's at the time in line with all the other kids getting pictures taken in Camp Minnie/Mickey and was approached by a couple CM. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTtUKymeJhs They asked if we were having a good time and asked what can they do to make our visit magical. We told them that we were having fun doing all the stuff we didn't get to do on our 2008 trip because I got sick the second day and by the time we got home, I was in the hospital with MRSA caused by a bug bite or a scratch on my leg. They then asked with we'd like to be the Grand Marshall's
Thats so cool! We were on the hippo float. We got picked like 40mins before the parade started. My husband was holding a spot to watch the parade while i got food from pizzafari and when i came out he was talking to a cast member. they told me dont ask questions just come with them. I kept telling my husband i was going to punch him lol the CM was SOOO funny, he was like we dont do violence here wait until we reach our destination lol we got into the holding area and i saw the other families but was so confused. the CM told everyone to not say why we were there. I didnt find out until he said "alright guys this is ___ & she will dress yall in the costumes for the parade" I started crying and screaming "shut up!!!" lol i was so excited. i texted my dad really quick and told him and he called me a bad word lol it was such a great time and really made our honeymoon super magical. I just wish we could find a video or pic.

Upvote 0

docdebbi

i was in WDW at that time, AK not sure. will check my pics when i get home from work..........oops........wait......did i just admit to being on the boards when i'm at work? nope, not me, someone else
don't get your hopes up, but i will check

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom