Calling all Experts!

isobar

4 adults staying at Pop Century the 6-13 of September.

I have come up with this itinerary.

Wed- Check into Pop and go to AK for EMH.
Thu- Magic Kingdom
Fri-Magic Kingdom (Night of Joy)
Sat-Epcot
Sun-Epcot
Mon-MGM
Tue-Typhoon Lagoon

We do not plan to park hop at this time.
Please give me your honest opinions if this will work or not. I am flexible if need be. Thanks and have a magical day! :sohappy: :sohappy:

sbkline

isobar said:

Thu- Magic Kingdom
Sat-Epcot
Sun-Epcot
Mon-MGM
Tue-Typhoon Lagoon

Please give me your honest opinions if this will work or not. I am flexible if need be. Thanks and have a magical day! :sohappy: :sohappy:

In the two times I've visited MGM, I've not found it to be an all day park, so I think you'll have plenty of time before or after MGM to park hop somewhere else. Unless you planned to go to the mall or something. And, I would venture to guess that the same could be said about Typhoon Lagoon, although I don't know for sure since I have never done the water parks. But Animal Kingdom is only a quarter day park, or a third day, at most, so you may have plenty of time to do something else that day, as well.

Upvote 0

kachow

isobar said:

Thu- Magic Kingdom
Sat-Epcot
Sun-Epcot
Mon-MGM
Tue-Typhoon Lagoon

Without parkhopping, that sounds about right to me in terms of which parks should get the double-dip, and which park only needs a partial day (AK). The only thing I would probably do if it was me would be break up the MK and Epcot days so they're not right after each other. But then again, I have a short attention span, so you could be alright. I just know if I couldn't park hop, and therefore spent a full day at Epcot, I wouldn't be ready to go back there for another full day right after.

Since TL closes at 5pm, that evening should be your DTD night.

Upvote 0

Teenchy

You didnt say if you are Disney regulars or new, but that time of year is usually not as busy and you should have plenty of time to do everything. WE have gone to NOJ the past few years and I dont think we waited more than 15 min. for any ride.

Everest and Soarin might be a bit of wait this year but if you Fast Pass those I think you will be fine.

I will say that 2 years ago between hurricanes NOJ was not nearly as crowded as last year. If its good weather it will probably be quite crowded and you may not be able to hop around to listen to the Big acts. You may want to pick a spot where you can stay and listen to the multiple bands/acts in that one spot.

Enjoy...we have another conflict this year but are hoping we can work it out to attend NOJ again this year. <><

Upvote 0

LilRoo714

My only warning is that Epcot tends to be more crowded than normal on Sunday as it's a big FL resident day traditionally. (according to ticket sales at the gate)

Upvote 0

Jen Jen

sbkline said:
In the two times I've visited MGM, I've not found it to be an all day park, so I think you'll have plenty of time before or after MGM to park hop somewhere else. Unless you planned to go to the mall or something. And, I would venture to guess that the same could be said about Typhoon Lagoon, although I don't know for sure since I have never done the water parks. But Animal Kingdom is only a quarter day park, or a third day, at most, so you may have plenty of time to do something else that day, as well.

This is a matter of personal taste. I've spent full days at both Animal Kingdom and Disney Studios and missed out on things I wished I could go back for. It depends on if you've been to those parks before, how many attractions at each park you want to see/do, what pace you want to take, and how much you enjoy each particular park personally. Your itinerary looks just right to me :wave:

Upvote 0

isobar

Original Poster
We have been to Disney several other times but this is the first time in September. The reason for Epcot two times in a row is because of the free dining offer. We plan to eat at Epcot at both France and Canada. Thanks for all the advice.

Upvote 0

HoW

The only thing I would say is the same thing kachow said, break up the days at MK and Epcot so that it doesn't get repetitive. Other than that, fabulous plan, and have a wonderful time!

Upvote 0
isobar said:

Thu- Magic Kingdom
Sat-Epcot
Sun-Epcot
Mon-MGM
Tue-Typhoon Lagoon
:sohappy: :sohappy:

I pretty much agree with what a few others have said.

I wouldn't do MK two days in a row, nor Epcot two days in a row. If I were you (and of course take this with a grain of salt) I would:

Wed: Check into Pop and go to AK
Thurs: Epcot
Fri: MK
Sat: MGM
Sun: Epcot
Mon: TL
Tues: MK

My reasoning: AK really is a half day park, unless you are a huge animal lover (which in that case, you can stay all day).

Split up Epcot and MK so you can "relive" the Magic after a few days...absence makes the heart grow fonder;)

I would also do DTD after TL...you can go back to your hotel, freshen up, nap, then hit DTD for a nice dinner, shopping, etc.

I don't know if you've been to the World a lot or not, but it seems like you're big fans of Epcot and MK. If you haven't been much, and love to see shows, I'd put another day at MGM, just because it's nearly impossible to see all the shows AND rides you want without EMH. But if shows are no biggie, obviously go with Epcot:)

Magic Kingdom I put last just as a personal preference. That way you get to see Spectromagic and Wishes on your last night in WDW. You leave with that memory, and it makes me feel like I didn't miss anything. But when I end at AK or DTD, with no parades or big celebrations like Fantasmic, Wishes, or Illuminations, I'm a little let down and always wish I could've had "that one more day."

HAVE FUN!!!! :wave:

Upvote 0

haveyoumetmark

If you're going to hop to MGM or do half a day, do it in the evening so you can catch fantasmic! Its a fun and overall amazing show, not my favorite (RoE) but it's still very cool.

Upvote 0

hokielutz

I would also pay attention to the Extra Magic hours in the morning. That would be the best way to hit all the major attractions, then you could hop to another park that is less crowded after the morning and tour around there.

Upvote 0

KCBroadway

I don't really know what types of attractions you enjoy, but my husband and I spent two half days at Animal Kingdom this past visit. Animal Kingdom is a great park, but it does take some time if you like to look at animals. Also - Everest is still very popular and I expect it to still be busy during your visit. The fast passes were gone by almost 1:00 on both of our visits so you may have to wait a while if you choose to ride this - I HIGHLY suggest you ride it if you enjoy coasters. It truly is a Disney marvel. Now - since you don't plan on hopping - I definitely think you will need two days at both Magic Kingdom and Epcot. However, I agree with some of the other people that you may not want to cram thos days together. Maybe you'll want a little variety! Anyway - consider the hopper!!! It's great and it allows you to see more and not get so overloaded in one day! Have a great trip!:wave:

Upvote 0

dthieme

Your schedule looks great. You are missing the Extra magic hours at Epcot, however you are going on the weekend when it is less crowded anyhow.

I'd make a suggestion that you try to book the Hoop-Dee-Doo Review at Fort Wilderness on Thursday or Friday while you are at the MK. Book the early meal like 5PM and ride the boat to Wilderness Campground (Leave about an hour or more prior to your reservation). It's all you can eat and drink including alcohol, so eat a light early lunch. It’s expensive (around $50 a person) but worth it, to experience a great show with family or friends. Going early allows you to return to the MK and watch the fireworks and wind down the evening.

In the MK I’d recommend Liberty Tree Tavern, or the Columbia House for Lunch or dinner. Epcot, the Electric Umbrella has the usual burgers and fries, as well as a talking trash-can, but for real food you can’t go wrong with the ethnic foods in the World Showcase. At MGM I’d recommend the Prime Time Café or the Sci-Fi Dine-Inn. Oh! And make sure you pull the rope on the well to the left of the Indiana Jones stunt show, even though the sign says not to.

Remember to use the Fast-Pass we take turns being the runner for fast passes. One person from our group runs ahead from the entrance gate or leaves lunch early to get Fast-Passes for something.

Upvote 0

erasure fan1

We always like to spend the last day of the trip at our favorite park so I would change that last day to your favorite place. I would also say get the hopper just because of the flexability it gives you. We always get it so we dont feel traped in one place and if we want to see a show, parade, eat a meal... we can just go anyplace and not have to worry. Of course whatever you do Im sure you will have fun anyway. (hey its Disney! How can you not have fun?) :wave:

Upvote 0

DisneyMarg

I'll be interested to see how it works not to park-hop. We always get the park hopper option, and end up using it, but hubby always starts off with, "now this time we don't need the park hopper option".

I think you need to dig a little deeper than just where to spend each day, to be sure that you can see the most important things to your family. Since you've been before you have a good idea of the "musts". To me the hardest thing is working in all the "must" shows and parades since they are at set times.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom