CallerTune Reactions

powlessfamily4

Original Poster
Today my doctors office phoned to confirm an appointment. After I had confirmed, the man said "I'm sorry but I just have to ask, what was that song I was listening to while I waited for you to answer?".
I proudly explained it was "Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" from the Walt Disney World attraction Carousel of Progress. (scene 1) To my horror this man started laughing and heeeing and hawing like an idiot. He thought it was sooooo funny I had a Disney song as my callertune. I simply hung up on him.(Don't worry I am calling him on it when I go in for the appointment).

All of this had me thinking about what other reactions people get from callers hearing their Disney callertunes. What is the best/worse reaction you have had to your callertunes???

puntagordabob

Today my doctors office phoned to confirm an appointment. After I had confirmed, the man said "I'm sorry but I just have to ask, what was that song I was listening to while I waited for you to answer?".
I proudly explained it was "Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" from the Walt Disney World attraction Carousel of Progress. (scene 1) To my horror this man started laughing and heeeing and hawing like an idiot. He thought it was sooooo funny I had a Disney song as my callertune. I simply hung up on him.(Don't worry I am calling him on it when I go in for the appointment).

All of this had me thinking about what other reactions people get from callers hearing their Disney callertunes. What is the best/worse reaction you have had to your callertunes???

hanging up on the idiot is much better than telling him off for being a moron for sure

puntagordabob

I realize this puts me one step from the retirement home, but what is a callertune?

I think it is a tune that you can set in some cases for an incoming caller to hear rather than ring ring ring..though I am not sure how the OP had the CoP tune....makes me want that! :)

forevermickey

Don't have one yet, but I have been wanting to put one on my phone.... let ya know what reactions I get when I do. I can't believe he laughed like that. It's not like you had Plash Mountain or something ( which I love the song myself) GBBT is a great song!

muse1983

The technical name for them are "Ringback Tones" and they have the CoP song in the Verizon online ringtone/ringback store

powlessfamily4

Original Poster
The technical name for them are "Ringback Tones" and they have the CoP song in the Verizon online ringtone/ringback store

I am with TMobile and they referred to them as CallTunes. It allows you to designate what song each person in your call list hears. In this case I have GBBT set as the default.

powlessfamily4

Original Poster
My phone is the 4G G2 X on the Android platform. If you are on that platform you can download a free app called RingLert. They have tons of Disney music from the parks. I have Fantasmic for my rington. I have set up CallerTunes for my family based on their favorite Disney movies/attractions. You should check it out. :)

Minnie1976

I can not stand calltunes. If you worked in a school office and listened to some of the TRASH and I mean TRASH music that people expect us to listen to instead of the phone ringing, you would dislike them too. Most of the time we hang up before we reach the parent. Then they see caller ID and call us back.

powlessfamily4

Original Poster
I can not stand calltunes. If you worked in a school office and listened to some of the TRASH and I mean TRASH music that people expect us to listen to instead of the phone ringing, you would dislike them too. Most of the time we hang up before we reach the parent. Then they see caller ID and call us back.

Yeah... I understand that, but GBBT???

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom