Call waiting times over an hour long

Sunseaker

A desperate mum from the UK trying to book either Droid Depot or Savvys Lightsaber workshop.

This week I have racked up over eight hours waiting for customer service to pick up on either the 0800 169 730 number or direct dial ending 749. The app just buffers on the loading page when I attempt to make a Droid Depot booking. Savvys Workdhop just says Not Available. I have come to know each menu option in terms of attempting to speak to someone. Grateful for any ideas or help

wendysue

I have tried to get to the right dept. (ticketing) for 2 months. They won't answer the phone (or if they do, they need to transfer me and it starts all over again. They won't answer emails either. I gave up and cancelled our trip and we will go elsewhere. Bad way to run a business.

Upvote 0

UK Disney

Use a VPN - it'll make the site think that you're in the US and you should be able to make the bookings without a problem.
I hope you realise just how popular you are in my household. I had exactly the same problem as the original poster, web site wouldn't show the times despite being a resort guest and waiting over 2 hours on the phone. VPN does work and was able to book droid. No dessert parties available up until 21st May guess they've all gone now will try again tomorrow. Great advice thanks.

Last edited:
Upvote 1

James J

In the Parks
No
I hope you realise just how popular you are in my household. I had exactly the same problem as the original poster, web site wouldn't show the times despite being a resort quest and waiting over 2 hours on the phone. VPN does work and was able to book droid. No dessert parties available up until 21st May guess they've all gone now will try again tomorrow. Great advice thanks.
Not a problem :) We can make our bookings on Friday so have been researching ahead of the date to make sure I'm prepared!

Upvote 0

James J

In the Parks
No
Good luck, aside from the dessert party we did get everything else we wanted including Space & Jiko.
Thanks! Sounds promising that you managed to get everything but the party - Jiko is on our list too and the only non-restaurant reservation I need to get is for lightsaber building, which my wife is insisting on doing for the first time.

Upvote 0

MotherofaPrincessLover

I hope you realise just how popular you are in my household. I had exactly the same problem as the original poster, web site wouldn't show the times despite being a resort guest and waiting over 2 hours on the phone. VPN does work and was able to book droid. No dessert parties available up until 21st May guess they've all gone now will try again tomorrow. Great advice thanks.
I think the dessert parties probably aren't loaded yet for booking. Keep checking back.

Upvote 0

UK Disney

I don't know. I'm currently in the same boat is you (trip about the same time) so I'm just continually checking.
I chanced my arm yesterday and rang the helpline, took 1 hour 40 to get through, the lady I spoke to confirmed what you said, basically no reservations have been entered for that week at all. I do feel the longer this goes on the more we are losing the 60+10 benefit as a resort guest.

Upvote 0

MotherofaPrincessLover

I chanced my arm yesterday and rang the helpline, took 1 hour 40 to get through, the lady I spoke to confirmed what you said, basically no reservations have been entered for that week at all. I do feel the longer this goes on the more we are losing the 60+10 benefit as a resort guest.
And it's annoying because you never know when they will load them so you just always have to check.

Upvote 0

DarthVader

Sith Lord
Unpopular opinion here, but I feel Disney (like many other companies), used the pandemic to trim payroll and reduce costs while at the same time try to reset customer expectations that waiting on the phone for 40 minutes is actually considered a short wait time.

I've had some incredibly helpful, caring and great customer service reps at disney, but the pain point these past couple of years is trying to get through.

Upvote 0

MotherofaPrincessLover

Unpopular opinion here, but I feel Disney (like many other companies), used the pandemic to trim payroll and reduce costs while at the same time try to reset customer expectations that waiting on the phone for 40 minutes is actually considered a short wait time.

I've had some incredibly helpful, caring and great customer service reps at disney, but the pain point these past couple of years is trying to get through.
I think you're right. I'm not saying the staff they have now there is bad, there's just not enough.

Upvote 0

NelleBelle

Agree! Just the other day I got a phone call, answered it and it was from the university hospital where I had tried to get an eye appt (booked out until Sept!!) and asked to be put on the wait list. Answered thinking it was my appt being moved up. There was an automated message stating it was the referral center and to please hold for the next CS rep. I waited 45 MINUTES for a person to pick up and ask me what I needed!!! I told them I got a call from this number and didn't know what they called me for!! She looks and finds out that the day before the CS rep didn't do something on her end. So the call to me was for NOTHING!!!! I snapped at them and said I was not happy about wasting 45 minutes of my time, the people behind me in the telephone queue just for some error on THEIR end!!! Talk about wasting peoples time! At least Disney isn't calling people and wanting to know what you need when you didn't call them!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom