Call waiting times over an hour long

Sunseaker

A desperate mum from the UK trying to book either Droid Depot or Savvys Lightsaber workshop.

This week I have racked up over eight hours waiting for customer service to pick up on either the 0800 169 730 number or direct dial ending 749. The app just buffers on the loading page when I attempt to make a Droid Depot booking. Savvys Workdhop just says Not Available. I have come to know each menu option in terms of attempting to speak to someone. Grateful for any ideas or help

Chi84

Premium Member
I selected a callback from Disney when I upgraded our tickets. They got back to me within the hour. Easy peasy. Do they have that for dining?
No. They have that for when you’re trying to give them money. Like buying or upgrading tickets.

When you’re calling the dining reservations number they put you on hold for 2+ hours and repeatedly play a message saying they can only see the same availability you see online and that (essentially) whatever it is you are calling about, they won’t be able to help you. If you don’t believe me, call 407-WDW-DINE.

Upvote 0

ilovetotravel1977

No. They have that for when you’re trying to give them money. Like buying or upgrading tickets.

When you’re calling the dining reservations number they put you on hold for 2+ hours and repeatedly play a message saying they can only see the same availability you see online and that (essentially) whatever it is you are calling about, they won’t be able to help you. If you don’t believe me, call 407-WDW-DINE.
whoa…I believe you.

Upvote 0

Chi84

Premium Member
whoa…I believe you.
I don’t know if I would have believed it had I not experienced it 😂

Disney really doesn’t want people calling about dining. If you go to the help center and check out “call Walt Disney World Resort” there are phone numbers for tickets, website support, MDE, tours and recreation, etc. The number to “call” for dining reservations is listed as disneyworld.com/dine.

Upvote 0

DisAl

Disney customer service via phone or email is essentially NON-EXISTENT at this time. I have been trying for three weeks to get a question answered relating to an upcoming Disney cruise. When I call the system either says it can't handle the call and hangs up or gives me a message that "Due to a recent systems upgrade we are experiencing longer than normal wait times." UPGRADE??? Upgrades are supposed to make things better not increase wait times to as some have said up to eight hours. Whoever was responsible for this so called upgrade needs to be put somewhere they can do no further damage.
I tried emailing my question and got a reply back after four days that did not answer my question. I emailed them again eight days ago and still have received a reply.
I don't intend to spend this much money ever again with a company that I can't even talk to when I have questions.

Upvote 0

Disstevefan1

Disney customer service via phone or email is essentially NON-EXISTENT at this time. I have been trying for three weeks to get a question answered relating to an upcoming Disney cruise. When I call the system either says it can't handle the call and hangs up or gives me a message that "Due to a recent systems upgrade we are experiencing longer than normal wait times." UPGRADE??? Upgrades are supposed to make things better not increase wait times to as some have said up to eight hours. Whoever was responsible for this so called upgrade needs to be put somewhere they can do no further damage.
I tried emailing my question and got a reply back after four days that did not answer my question. I emailed them again eight days ago and still have received a reply.
I don't intend to spend this much money ever again with a company that I can't even talk to when I have questions.
I don’t know how they could worse at customer service than they previously were, but it looks like they have. Well, I guess they can blame it on COVID.

Upvote 0

NelleBelle

This is why we have started to book with a travel agent. It costs nothing. The travel agent can get the answer we need and I don’t have to wait on long phone holds (with the exception of trying to get a DAS pass set up).

Upvote 0

Lilofan

And to think back in the day calling the next town cost ten cents a minute.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom