California Grill

princessmelissa

Original Poster
Hey everyone! I'm heading down to Disney World with my boyfriend in May for his first trip. We're both big foodies so we always look at menus and I always tell him about all the great dining options in Disney. We have decided to do dinner at the California Grill one night as we heard it was amazing and we have extra money to spend. My question is do we have to order one thing from each section of the menu (flatbread, sushi, first course etc...) or would it be okay if we each ordered for example a flatbread first course desert and wine. I know they can't force you to order from everything but I do not want to be looked at weird if we choose not to eat a main course after all even without one it still is alot of food and alot of money. Thanks everyone!

MaryJaneP

Order as little as you want, can afford, and can eat. But it is our favorite and we regularly over-everything there.

real mad hatter

Good Call.

Well my CM friend who works at R&C in Epcot was there last week for a meal with his girlfriend and raved about it,I've an ADR for our trip in July and looking forward to it.There's no need to work your way thro the menu,tho my friend recommends the Flatbread for two as a pre starter,he had sushi followed by a main dish and no sweet,his girlfriend split the Flatbread then had a main dish followed by a sweet.Their verdict.Awesome food and view to die for[watch wishes from viewing platform] Enjoy:lol::slurp:

GoochDSA

While I am not a big fan of CG and can't justify the hype it gets here and on just about every other WDW board, I will say that if you can time your ADR around Wishes, it's a pretty awesome view. The flatbreads are pretty good and the bacon ice cream that is served with the apple bread pudding is amazing, but besides that the sushi and entrees are nothing all that special, IMO.

bmarkelon

The flatbreads are better than any of the first course that I have tried and the sushi is some of the best I have had (Spicy Kazan roll!!). The grilled pork tenderloin is my favorite entree that I have had on property. I dream about my meals at CG! Enjoy!!:slurp:

HouCuseChickie

We had a wonderful dinner at Cali Grill. We were on the deluxe plan so we were ordering everything that came with it, but I saw others who just ordered flatbreads and sushi (which were YUM :slurp:). I would suggest you try getting a slightly earlier ADR. We had a 7:55p adr with Wishes at 10pm. We had a bit of a wait to be seated and were served our dessert just as Wishes was starting. A lot of people will camp out at their tables hoping to be dining during the show, so a slightly earlier ADR may be to your advantage if you can get one. I think I rebooked our Cali Grill ADR 4x before I got this slot. i.e. started with a 9:30- then was able to upgrade to a 9:15- then a 7:40 and then the 7:55....or something like that.

real mad hatter

Good Call!

Yeh,Try for 7.45ish.We've a ADR for that time for wishes at 10.00pm.they do have a viewing platform so if you have finished your main at 9.45ish you cam tell the server that you want to watch wishes before your desert.:wave:

GoochDSA

...I would suggest you try getting a slightly earlier ADR...

I sort of disagree. I think the ADR time OP got is perfect. If everything was running smoothly that night, OP and her BF will get a table, place their orders and probably get their apps before Wishes. If CG is running behind, if OP doesn't have a table before Wishes, they can still hang out in the lounge until Wishes and then get a table after Wishes, which IMO is better, because after Wishes that restaurant empties out in a hurry leaving the 2 of them to have a much quieter, more romantic meal. The atmosphere before Wishes and the atmosphere after Wishes is like night and day.

People tend to focus on having meals before Wishes/parades/shows/etc. My fiancee and I go for the ADR's after such events because the dining expereince is so much more peaceful (and we have never been rushed in any dining location).

britdaw

We have a reservation for CG, too. I'm really looking forward to a romantic date night with my honey (hopefully with a table by the window to watch the fireworks).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom