Cabana Bay Resort suites deal

wendysue

Got it.. Interesting. I would like to try it. I also received a code number for 40% off rooms onsite for the other 3 hotels. Am strongly thinking on booking. It was for 1/5/14 through 3/13/14. Was very surprised to get a "Pin Code" for Uni.

Minnie_girl

I got no such e-mail.
75.gif

Me either....

case88

Got it.. Interesting. I would like to try it. I also received a code number for 40% off rooms onsite for the other 3 hotels. Am strongly thinking on booking. It was for 1/5/14 through 3/13/14. Was very surprised to get a "Pin Code" for Uni.
Haven't got one...would love the 40% off...just booked RP for early Feb. Would love to get that email.

Jimmy Thick

I don't see this resort being a hit at all. If its missing the front of the line perk, its aimed at second class guests. There is absolutely no benefit staying here when you can stay at other resorts with the same benefits, ie none, that are much cheaper.

This resort will flop unless Lowes makes it worth the customers while.

Jimmy Thick- The first casualty of the fad audience.

ParentsOf4

I don't see this resort being a hit at all. If its missing the front of the line perk, its aimed at second class guests. There is absolutely no benefit staying here when you can stay at other resorts with the same benefits, ie none, that are much cheaper.
Financially, Cabana Bay will do very well.

Cabana Bay should have a noticeable impact on Universal's partner hotels, whose customers are already "second class guests".

It should have little impact on WDW's Value Resorts.

Jimmy Thick

Cabana Bay should have a noticeable impact on Universal's partner hotels, whose customers are already "second class guests".

Those customers are also not staying on property, so they should not expect the same perks already. If I was staying on property at the new resort and found out, out of the blue Iam not getting the same perks as their deluxe counterparts, I would be furious and feel second class, or poor even. It would be a humiliating slap in the face.

Its rather shameful Universal would run their business this way in creating a status line you have to pay to cross.

For shame.

Jimmy Thick- Of course it won't effect Disney value resorts, Universal isn't competition to them.

ParentsOf4

Those customers are also not staying on property, so they should not expect the same perks already. If I was staying on property at the new resort and found out, out of the blue Iam not getting the same perks as their deluxe counterparts, I would be furious and feel second class, or poor even. It would be a humiliating slap in the face.
Universal's webpage clearly delineates the benefits of each hotel:

https://www.universalorlando.com/Theme-Park-Tickets/Universal-Express.aspx

If someone buying a product doesn't do the research before purchasing ("What do you mean I only get 3 FastPass+ per day at Walt Disney World? What do you mean I can't pick both Soarin' and Test Track?"), then shame on them.

Sorry but in this Information Age when all sorts of data are available with a few keystrokes, there is no excuse for consumer ignorance.

You should check out the Guest Relations lines at WDW. There are a lot of "furious" customers in those lines right now.

luv

Original Poster

This resort will flop unless Lowes makes it worth the customers while.

Jimmy Thick- The first casualty of the fad audience.
There are benefits. There are not as many as you have if you stayed in the more expensive Uni hotels.

Disney gives more benefits to people staying club level...because they pay more. It isn't a slap in the face to you if you have to go to the gift shop to pick up the stuff you bought in the park while the club level people have it delivered to their room. (Last time I was there, PBH sent packages to every room, not just club level. Woot for Uni!)

Pay more, get more. That's how it is supposed to work.

Sadly, you pay more for Disney hotels and get less than you would elsewhere.disney could provide the services other places do and they choose not to do that. They figure they can charge more and offer less because they're Disney. That is a slap in the face, IMO.

I think Uni's CBR will do okay. I'd have gone with brighter colors, myself. But we will see! :)

Hot Lava

I got one of these, but I would never stay here, as they do not offer the front of line privilege that the others do. I know, the price is lower, so it's a trade off, but still.....

I am curious as to the cost if you booked CB (esp with a PIN) and then bought the front of the line pass (as anyone can do when available). If the economics work, in that way it might be worth it.

CB will also have suites, so that is potentially a draw also.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I am curious as to the cost if you booked CB (esp with a PIN) and then bought the front of the line pass (as anyone can do when available). If the economics work, in that way it might be worth it.

CB will also have suites, so that is potentially a draw also.
The Unlimited Express Pass is far more expensive than the room savings for staying at CB. If you want the Express Pass benefit, you are better off staying at one of the other hotels. I crunched the numbers for an upcoming trip (same thought process as you), and the math, at least at this point, doesn't work.

Hot Lava

The Unlimited Express Pass is far more expensive than the room savings for staying at CB. If you want the Express Pass benefit, you are better off staying at one of the other hotels. I crunched the numbers for an upcoming trip (same thought process as you), and the math, at least at this point, doesn't work.

Which, no doubt is intentional on the part of Universal.

Thanks for the info!

danpam1024

There are benefits. There are not as many as you have if you stayed in the more expensive Uni hotels.

Disney gives more benefits to people staying club level...because they pay more. It isn't a slap in the face to you if you have to go to the gift shop to pick up the stuff you bought in the park while the club level people have it delivered to their room. (Last time I was there, PBH sent packages to every room, not just club level. Woot for Uni!)

Pay more, get more. That's how it is supposed to work.

Sadly, you pay more for Disney hotels and get less than you would elsewhere.disney could provide the services other places do and they choose not to do that. They figure they can charge more and offer less because they're Disney. That is a slap in the face, IMO.

I think Uni's CBR will do okay. I'd have gone with brighter colors, myself. But we will see! :)
you always express so eloquently exactly what I am thinking! Bravo @luv !

wendysue

Financially, Cabana Bay will do very well.

It should have little impact on WDW's Value Resorts.

If we were to stay at UNI, we would stay at the Cabana because it's cheaper, plain and simple. But then, we don't care about the front of the line pass and wouldn't feel less than anyone else...just don't care. It would be nice, however, if they had something comparable to Magical Express. Just love being picked up from, and taken back to the airport.

Hot Lava

It occurred to me in reading another UNI thread that the case could be (partially) made for the Cabana being attractive to those mainly interested in WWoHP. To my knowledge, none of those HP attractions have the Uni Pass lines. If I assume (perhaps incorrectly, I don't know) that the new HP attractions will also not have the Uni Pass lines, then it makes the cheaper rooms at Cabana also more attractive. And if you really want or need a suite, then that would be a great reason to stay there and forgo the hotels that give your front of the line.

Maybe this is not a large percentage of people, but it may help make decisions to stay at Cabana easier. It still wouldn't sway me, but I have different priorities for a trip to Uni than just the cheapest room.

nerdboyrockstar

Its rather shameful Universal would run their business this way in creating a status line you have to pay to cross.

For shame.

Jimmy Thick- Of course it won't effect Disney value resorts, Universal isn't competition to them.

So by this same token, should I be offended this monorail does not take me to the All-Star Sports?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom