Trip Report C’mon Everybody, Here We Go….*COMPLETED*

Think of all the joy you’ll find
When you leave the world behind
And bid your cares goodbye!

Ahh, a relaxing getaway from reality. No cares or concerns. Just bliss.

Not exactly a perfect picture of vacationing at Walt Disney World during Spring Break, is it?

But we’re going anyway. We’re Spring Break Veterans and it’s time for the annual reunion.

Two years ago we missed out on our usual adventure thanks to Covid. The stay-at-home vacation just wasn’t the same! (Although you can read about it here: https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/the-“no-trip”-trip-report-completed.964173/)

Last year we were able to return, albeit under Covid protocols. We believed that enduring masks 24/7, plexiglass and vinyl dividers on attractions, mobile order Door Nazis and limited shopping/dining/entertainment would be acceptable in exchange for the very low crowds that we’d experienced on earlier pandemic trips. But the parks were packed and we ended up spending a lot of time at the pool (which wasn’t a bad thing. We’re pool people.)

Now that park capacity has increased and nearly all Covid restrictions are gone, we expect to find the shoulder-to-shoulder spring break crowds of yore. And long lines. So we’re packing our patience and “It is what it is” attitudes.

Because in spite of all the negatives WDW is still our happy place.

We can’t wait.

60EFA200-96A8-450F-994E-B3B9C3BD6048.jpeg

Who: Tuvalu and Em
When: April 3-9, 2022
Where: Our favorite moderate resort

My plan is to go live upon our departure. Fingers crossed that Disney WiFi will be my friend.

Speaking of friends, we hope to meet up with a few. You’ll have to follow along to see if we do.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
This morning we get 2 attractions done during Early Entry!

When we exit Pooh, 7DMT still has not opened for the day. We can see work lights on inside the mine.

Those poor people at the front of the line must be so bummed….thought they would be first train without any wait….now they are at 30 minutes and counting.

Em likes the white/gold facade better. I’m all in for color!

874B4968-36E7-436D-82A1-5200BD83AD40.jpeg

1CC563EA-81BF-441B-9BAA-725DA5AF9A41.jpeg

We wait 10 minutes.

318CEDD3-3F0F-493F-9924-08089B947CDF.jpeg

slipperalwaysfits

We disembark at the Contemporary. We want to browse Bay View Gifts (BVG) and maybe get a sweet treat from the Contempo Cafe.
I love BVG! One of my favorite stores on property.
Our treats
I am sooo glad I’m reading this because now I know there’s a PB and chocolate treat there! I’m coming for it!!

Those GF Easter eggs are also incredible!! The IASW one is phenomenal!! I’m with you @Tuvalu I need the colored facade on IASW!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
We see a lonely PPP on the boardwalk in Frontierland.

090A67D5-E704-4A23-96EF-0418EC6BF89C.jpeg

I wish someone would teach the PPPs about camera settings. In most of the PP pics this week our faces are washed-out white! :bored:

Unaware of the less-than-stellar photos that would soon be appearing in MDE, we continue on to our favorite wild ride in the wilderness.

4BBA5A8B-054E-45AD-BBB5-2C5E83BC3642.jpeg

CC54A41B-BBF8-4A20-A496-50A6F61EED0E.jpeg

8B434DDB-8ACF-4DC3-9695-431028CC5378.jpeg

The line moves quickly and we are seated near the back in less than 25 minutes.

655D9EA5-874D-4392-9F3B-60F52403C66E.jpeg

The cold breeze made this ride especially fun!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I have a pair of Teva's that I have had for around 3 years and just can't seem to get them broke in. I probably haven't worn them enough but they sure would not be comfortable to wear to Disney.

Any tips for breaking them in or do I just need to wear them more often? I wold like to take them on my upcoming trip in September.
All my 3 pairs of Tevas are old now, but very comfortable. (There was a newer pair I bought a few years ago that was very uncomfortable though, so I returned just that pair. )

Teva comes out with new styles from time to time, and it might be that whatever style you presently have, just might not be the most comfortable to adjust for your feet. Maybe you might want to look online at their other various styles, and perhaps a different one might be better for you. Or, perhaps a different brand of sandals might fit you better. I hope you find some comfortable sandals in due course.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I ask Em where she wants to go next. We have a little more time until our lunch window opens.

She picks here.
8EF13432-12B6-442B-B246-6B9BCD11DADE.jpeg

B9CAA526-AC5D-4067-A503-5F3A902B4266.jpeg

Ever since Tron construction began, I have tried to figure out where the train tracks will be, whenever I’m on the Peoplemover.

Our beloved Moving Park Bench has been closed since December 2018!! We are ready for its return (more than Tron itself.)

Today I catch a glimpse of the tunnel that the train will pass through.

457D1669-97EA-4383-B8D9-94D6FD33E1F5.jpeg

0781CE57-1B6B-4022-8EF2-FCBF0C4C8A72.jpeg

The tunnel will have windows, it seems.

We stall here for awhile but no evac.

30EC4A7A-9BDF-4080-A177-2578EF36296F.jpeg

Longers

Em and I are ready for our next adventure.

Getting dinner.

None of the offerings in MK appeal to us tonight.

Our clothes and feet are still a bit damp. The temperature has dropped and we are cold. We are weary but don’t feel like eating in Sassagoula Floatworks.

We do the next best thing. Riverside Mill.

View attachment 631605

We learn a lesson. Not all the items listed on the menu are available on mobile ordering. There was a French Dip cheesesteak which sounded yummy, but that item is not listed in the app when we mobile order. So we settle for chicken strips and a sandwich.

As we wait for our notification, we see a few people (who had ordered at the counter) with cheesesteaks on their trays. And a photo of the cheesesteak on the electronic menu board.

We are bummed we used mobile ordering. Our food is meh.

Our spirits lift when we make the pretty walk through POR on our way home.

View attachment 631606

View attachment 631607

View attachment 631609

View attachment 631608

View attachment 631610

View attachment 631611

I miss riverside - enough said!
Thanks for the photos

LisaBelle

We don’t get to participate in any further shenanigans with @wdisney9000 since we need to get to a dinner ADR.

First we are trapped by a cavalcade!

View attachment 631062

Thankfully these cavalcades are short and we hurry to check in for dinner…..

View attachment 631063

…..only to have to wait 20 minutes past our ressie time. (Did that for you, Keith!)

However sweet ancient Jean is the one who leads us to our table.

View attachment 631064

IYKYK

View attachment 631065

Bread service may be disappearing from other Disney restaurants, but the rolls are still hot, fresh and free at Mama’s!

View attachment 631066

Em and I both order @LisaBelle ’s favorite. Is there anything else to get here?!!

View attachment 631067

We devoured our meals. So good!
In answer to your question, no, there is no other choice of meals at Mama Melrose! That steak is calling my name!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom