Trip Report C’mon Everybody, Here We Go….*COMPLETED*

Think of all the joy you’ll find
When you leave the world behind
And bid your cares goodbye!

Ahh, a relaxing getaway from reality. No cares or concerns. Just bliss.

Not exactly a perfect picture of vacationing at Walt Disney World during Spring Break, is it?

But we’re going anyway. We’re Spring Break Veterans and it’s time for the annual reunion.

Two years ago we missed out on our usual adventure thanks to Covid. The stay-at-home vacation just wasn’t the same! (Although you can read about it here: https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/the-“no-trip”-trip-report-completed.964173/)

Last year we were able to return, albeit under Covid protocols. We believed that enduring masks 24/7, plexiglass and vinyl dividers on attractions, mobile order Door Nazis and limited shopping/dining/entertainment would be acceptable in exchange for the very low crowds that we’d experienced on earlier pandemic trips. But the parks were packed and we ended up spending a lot of time at the pool (which wasn’t a bad thing. We’re pool people.)

Now that park capacity has increased and nearly all Covid restrictions are gone, we expect to find the shoulder-to-shoulder spring break crowds of yore. And long lines. So we’re packing our patience and “It is what it is” attitudes.

Because in spite of all the negatives WDW is still our happy place.

We can’t wait.

60EFA200-96A8-450F-994E-B3B9C3BD6048.jpeg

Who: Tuvalu and Em
When: April 3-9, 2022
Where: Our favorite moderate resort

My plan is to go live upon our departure. Fingers crossed that Disney WiFi will be my friend.

Speaking of friends, we hope to meet up with a few. You’ll have to follow along to see if we do.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Em and I are waiting to go through the security scanner at DHS when she thinks she recognizes a Magician.

After many years and trip overlaps, we finally get to say Hey to @wdisney9000 and C Minor!

This momentous moment must be captured by a PPP.

B94944AF-F46D-41FC-AC67-27D1FF5CF639.jpeg

The PPP tells us to hug. He does not realize that a big sister and pesky little brother normally do NOT hug. Actually, @wdisney9000 wants me to strangle him, but the PPP won’t take that picture for fear of losing his job.

(C Minor, on the other hand, is willing to take said picture with a cellphone.)

Now I have to tell Woody it was all in good fun….

D55E94D3-6493-4F18-97EB-C8E53CCCAD89.jpeg

….which Em agrees to partake in as well.

09F7223F-CE65-42CC-B45E-32F776917108.jpeg

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
We don’t get to participate in any further shenanigans with @wdisney9000 since we need to get to a dinner ADR.

First we are trapped by a cavalcade!

98C1C60D-E591-41B8-BFCF-75D77817B55C.jpeg

Thankfully these cavalcades are short and we hurry to check in for dinner…..

C66EB051-5327-40C9-A705-4C29965FC632.jpeg

…..only to have to wait 20 minutes past our ressie time. (Did that for you, Keith!)

However sweet ancient Jean is the one who leads us to our table.

8F29524D-EA0E-465A-AE11-DC01757FFFE5.jpeg

IYKYK

8ADE1ED0-0977-499E-957F-4EA83D8706E6.jpeg

Bread service may be disappearing from other Disney restaurants, but the rolls are still hot, fresh and free at Mama’s!

0E6EEED2-763A-4CA8-A947-1E91168CB6E9.jpeg

Em and I both order @LisaBelle ’s favorite. Is there anything else to get here?!!

7BB1C5BD-7ACB-400E-937D-A538B6D52475.jpeg

We devoured our meals. So good!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
But today’s Magician meets are not yet over.

@93boomer and her hubby are waiting for us on Grand Avenue.

E34C135D-560E-4CAE-82F4-9862FAE80786.jpeg

This amazing couple are Disney park commandos and put Em and I to shame. They had been at DHS all day and were still going strong!

Em and I opt to close out our day with one more attraction.

FC59F574-FFA0-4095-A52A-B9F8460857B4.jpeg

That makes a total of 5 for today. I’m sure the Boomers have beaten us. We ride MMRR together then say our goodbyes.

A0F0AED2-1F5E-4DA0-8ADE-16DE3D95E198.jpeg

Em and I stop for a final photo.

CCC1CA05-A185-45AF-91C6-F622E836030D.jpeg

For all we know, the Boomers closed the park.

Em and I can only aspire to their stamina.

93boomer

Premium Member
But today’s Magician meets are not yet over.

@93boomer and her hubby are waiting for us on Grand Avenue.

View attachment 631078

This amazing couple are Disney park commandos and put Em and I to shame. They had been at DHS all day and were still going strong!

Em and I opt to close out our day with one more attraction.

View attachment 631079

That makes a total of 5 for today. I’m sure the Boomers have beaten us. We ride MMRR together then say our goodbyes.

View attachment 631080

Em and I stop for a final photo.

View attachment 631081

You silly goose. 🤣We walked around for another 15 mts then headed out. My feet were starting to swell.

It’s always so good to meet up with you, my SFAM. And Em is a sweet and kind young lady. So nice to finally meet her. ❤️ Hopefully, next meetup Woody can join! 😊

Make sure to take the rain gear on Thursday. The weather says thunderstorms and wind. We are gonna get wet. Is @Darstarr nearby then??😇🤔

slipperalwaysfits

The Last Bookshop in London by Madeline Martin

Em says she is enjoying it very much.
I've been eying that one, but currently have 7 novels in my TBR pile and yet, I'm reading on here.:rolleyes: and my bookstore has three more on pre-order for me. 🤩 I'm counting on a half teacher summer lol.
After many years and trip overlaps, we finally get to say Hey to @wdisney9000 and C Minor!
LUCKY! Good job noticing them, Em!
However sweet ancient Jean is the one who leads us to our table.
NICE! I met Jean last Fall and told her she was famous -- she was very pleased to hear that!

Park Commando is HARD! I admire the Boomers, also. S and I say we will not go crazy commando but every time....we just don't make it back to the room for that mid-day nap. Of course, we can't manage to wake up early, either, which is part of our problem.
Ostriches Going Crazy GIF by chuber channel

93boomer

Premium Member
I've been eying that one, but currently have 7 novels in my TBR pile and yet, I'm reading on here.:rolleyes: and my bookstore has three more on pre-order for me. 🤩 I'm counting on a half teacher summer lol.

LUCKY! Good job noticing them, Em!

NICE! I met Jean last Fall and told her she was famous -- she was very pleased to hear that!

Park Commando is HARD! I admire the Boomers, also. S and I say we will not go crazy commando but every time....we just don't make it back to the room for that mid-day nap. Of course, we can't manage to wake up early, either, which is part of our problem.
Ostriches Going Crazy GIF by chuber channel
We say that too. But, every trip…..🤦🏻‍♀️🤣

MissingDisney

Em and I are waiting to go through the security scanner at DHS when she thinks she recognizes a Magician.

View attachment 631054

The PPP tells us to hug. He does not realize that a big sister and pesky little brother normally do NOT hug. Actually, @wdisney9000 wants me to strangle him, but the PPP won’t take that picture for fear of losing his job.

View attachment 631055

….which Em agrees to partake in as well

View attachment 631054

View attachment 631055

….which Em agrees to partake in as well.

View attachment 631056
The choke photo must be a guy thing. 😂. This gem showed up a few days later after our trip a couple weeks ago. The boys kept asking me if it showed up—when I saw it I realized why they wanted me to see it so badly. My college boys still acting like crazy kids.

Attachments

• 0E6971E5-72CB-4FCB-A402-110D3F490DA5.jpeg
    0E6971E5-72CB-4FCB-A402-110D3F490DA5.jpeg
    44.2 KB · Views: 63

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom