Trip Report C’mon Everybody, Here We Go….*COMPLETED*

Think of all the joy you’ll find
When you leave the world behind
And bid your cares goodbye!

Ahh, a relaxing getaway from reality. No cares or concerns. Just bliss.

Not exactly a perfect picture of vacationing at Walt Disney World during Spring Break, is it?

But we’re going anyway. We’re Spring Break Veterans and it’s time for the annual reunion.

Two years ago we missed out on our usual adventure thanks to Covid. The stay-at-home vacation just wasn’t the same! (Although you can read about it here: https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/the-“no-trip”-trip-report-completed.964173/)

Last year we were able to return, albeit under Covid protocols. We believed that enduring masks 24/7, plexiglass and vinyl dividers on attractions, mobile order Door Nazis and limited shopping/dining/entertainment would be acceptable in exchange for the very low crowds that we’d experienced on earlier pandemic trips. But the parks were packed and we ended up spending a lot of time at the pool (which wasn’t a bad thing. We’re pool people.)

Now that park capacity has increased and nearly all Covid restrictions are gone, we expect to find the shoulder-to-shoulder spring break crowds of yore. And long lines. So we’re packing our patience and “It is what it is” attitudes.

Because in spite of all the negatives WDW is still our happy place.

We can’t wait.

60EFA200-96A8-450F-994E-B3B9C3BD6048.jpeg

Who: Tuvalu and Em
When: April 3-9, 2022
Where: Our favorite moderate resort

My plan is to go live upon our departure. Fingers crossed that Disney WiFi will be my friend.

Speaking of friends, we hope to meet up with a few. You’ll have to follow along to see if we do.

93boomer

Premium Member
Attraction #4 was a walk on.

And the attraction in the worst shape yet.

Things were so bad, Scuttle had flown the coop.

View attachment 640412

Though the soundtrack was playing, very few of the AAs were operating properly.

Ariel was singing Part of Your World but none of her facial features were moving.

“Botox,” Woody whispered matter-of-factly.

Dancing Ariel was not bustin’ any moves. She was playing statue instead.

View attachment 640413

Flotsam and Jetsam were not on a roll.

View attachment 640414

Eric was unable to “Kiss de Girl” in the boat, as neither he nor Ariel could move. (The ducks were keeping rhythm on the turtle bellies though.)

Ariel’s “voice” did not become a 💛.

View attachment 640415

All in all, a very lackluster journey Unda the Sea.

Except for one thing.

A constant I can always count on.

The Woody Wave.

View attachment 640416
Oh wow Mermaid had some issues!!
I love Woody’s answer. Problem solved 🤣
The Woody Wave!!

lindawdw

I love Woody's dry sense of humor! 🤣 🤣 🤣 You certainly got on a lot of attractions so far even if they were all not quite functioning properly!:rolleyes: The wait times posted are truly ridiculous!!! OK, you're keeping us with a cliffhanger with that last post!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Sunday, con’t

Woody and I headed for Tomorrowland without a plan.

Although I don’t ride Space Mountain much anymore, when I saw that standby was only 25 minutes I asked Woody if he was game.

The pic below reveals his answer.

B246F771-5F4A-47A7-B6A0-564467A5E9A3.jpeg

I should have suspected that the wait time was made up (@BwlrBry212 ) when we came to a complete stop just after descending the stairs inside the entrance.

Um, this line looks a lot longer than 25 minutes, I thought.

To add insult to injury, there was very little a/c in the tunnel. (Remember when attractions felt refrigerator cold?) The line moved at a snail’s pace. But we were committed to see it through.

When we finally reached the place where you can see the load areas, it was apparent standby was being sent to Alpha. Omega was for Lightning Lane and there was hardly anyone in line on that side. Even worse, Alpha was only running one rocket at a time rather than two.

45 minutes after getting in line we boarded our rocket. (Had we known 25 minutes was “made up” in a BAD way, we never would have opted to ride.)

To commemorate the occasion, I decided on a retro pose.

“The Tuvalu”

FA21221B-AA26-420E-8234-B5750694242F.jpeg

Was it intentionally retro? I’m not sayin’. 🤐

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
The mobile order pick up windows at Columbia Harbor House were jammed. I noticed that the steps to the second floor dining areas were no longer closed (they were last month when we dined with the @riverside crew), so I sent Woody upstairs to claim a table while I waited for our food.

He found the perfect spot.

E255194B-C92C-4E57-A8FA-C2554FF00AB7.jpeg

Real chicken tenders….not nuggets!

DDDED853-05F3-4C4E-AFB2-8FF5DCA7EBF2.jpeg

We enjoyed people-watching as we ate our lunch.

4D9B3CFF-1EFB-4256-94A7-2C32CF27CE19.jpeg

Songbird76

Wow, those chicken tenders look really good!

I just got caught up again after a long hiatus, and I when I got to your last meal of the previous trip, with the kids lying on the floor and screaming, I was thinking how that wouldn't fly with me! My favorite lines in public were "This is not a playground. We don't run and shout here." and "I can find a corner for you to stand in here, too!!"

lindawdw

I do remember when the attractions used to feel cold when you walked into the line, but rarely do you feel that way anymore. 🥴 That's my favorite spot at CHH when we eat there. Your chicken nuggets look delish!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
That's always been my favorite spot upstairs at CHH! 🥰 It's a nice break from the noise downstairs, and it's also fun to have that window view of activities outside.
And some of the things we’ve seen out of that window….😳

I just got caught up again after a long hiatus, and I when I got to your last meal of the previous trip, with the kids lying on the floor and screaming, I was thinking how that wouldn't fly with me! My favorite lines in public were "This is not a playground. We don't run and shout here." and "I can find a corner for you to stand in here, too!!"
Welcome back, @Songbird76! Wish you had been at dinner with us that night. Seems you have the courage we needed to speak up!

I do remember when the attractions used to feel cold when you walked into the line, but rarely do you feel that way anymore. 🥴 That's my favorite spot at CHH when we eat there. Your chicken nuggets tenders look delish!
FTFY. 😉

93boomer

Premium Member
The mobile order pick up windows at Columbia Harbor House were jammed. I noticed that the steps to the second floor dining areas were no longer closed (they were last month when we dined with the @riverside crew), so I sent Woody upstairs to claim a table while I waited for our food.

View attachment 640690

View attachment 640691

View attachment 640692
Nice view. I love it upstairs at CHH. Usually very quiet. Yayyy real chicken tenders!!

Zipadeelady

View attachment 640690

View attachment 640691

View attachment 640692

I agree, that is the perfect spot!! Last time I sat at your table at Mama Melrose. This time Columbia House. :)

IMG_7962.JPG

I also had the chicken strips, very good.

IMG_7960.JPG

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Sunday, con’t

After lunch we needed to head back to WL. I had a planned Mother’s Day video chat with my overseas son that I did not want to miss!

Woody and I were able to watch most of the noon Festival of Fantasy parade as we made our way around the hub and down Main Street. Maleficent spurted fire, @Loco_driver ~ sorry I didn’t take a picture for you! 😉

There was a mass exodus of guests from the park once the last float passed the train station. Similar in size to when the fireworks are over! :jawdrop: Park hopping did not start for another 90 minutes, so I have no idea where everyone was going. Woody and I decided to try the boat rather than the bus, which was a good idea. #ShirleyStatus in the bow!

BED034D2-CE91-454C-8E26-5FA18DA08C5A.jpeg

We used the ground floor (not lobby) elevators near Roaring Fork and saw an oh-too-familiar sight.

E27368C1-EC92-4869-B2BE-A1731A0ABE93.jpeg

One of those elevators is ALWAYS broken. It makes for a long wait. However it is also a long walk to the lobby elevators from there, so we just had to be patient.

There were no elevator cookies out for us this time though, @MinnieM123. ☹️

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom