Rumor Bye Bye (Tiki) Birdies?

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
In all seriousness though and playing devil's advocate, the Disney Park blog does state...

We’re constantly evolving our stories, but these birds will continue entertaining our guests at the Magic Kingdom Park just as they have done since 1971

That statement doesn't seem to exclude the idea of a major change to the show to incorporate Moana (or some other character) while keeping the birds (not unlike what they unsuccessfully did with Iago and Zazu in Orlando or more successfully did with Stitch in Japan). Again, just playing devil's advocate here...

ToTBellHop

Phew!

If they could provide a written list of every ride that is “safe”, that’d be great :)

Perhaps rides could be “marked safe from the Clickbait Classics Closures Crisis” on Facebook.

Never seen a Disney post like this.

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

They don't usually start any sort of site work until there are plans drawn up... Why would they bother to even begin clearing land if they did not know what they were building or where?
I would say then the equipment arrived, there had to be a great deal on paper....Permits had to be filed and approved...that sort of thing takes more than 6 months alone. The Magic Kingdom was part of Phase One... not a last minute add on after his death.
The sort of site work that was being done doesn’t require specific building plans. It was the large scale water management work. To this day you can get permits for such work with just general notions of wanting to build an undefined footprint of a so many square feet in a certain area. You’re preparing a site to building something and that is about all you need to know to get started. Actual design work on the Magic Kingdom started after Walt’s death.

ToTBellHop

Way to go Disney!! Sadly the man child won't learn his lesson. This is a side of Disney I'd like to see more often 😂

I dont think a talking trash can is on the same level as The Tiki Room, just my humble opinion of course. 🤷‍♂️
It’s not. This is a clear, specific denial that likely came from individuals above DPB. Not sure why they decided to shut down this particular rumor.

Disone

Phew!

If they could provide a written list of every ride that is “safe”, that’d be great :)

Perhaps rides could be “marked safe from the Clickbait Classics Closures Crisis” on Facebook.

Oh they have before but agreed it is rare. Not too long ago there was a rumor running rampant that Disney was getting ready to mothball the Epcot spur of the monorail system. That way they could use the parts and pieces from the trains on. System to keep the trains on the resort line and the express being running. Disney also took the unusual step of speaking about that rumor and addressing it specifically saying that there are absolutely no plans to reduce the size of the monorail system at the Walt Disney World Resort.

trainplane3

I've read various Disney blogs and listened to different podcasts or YouTube channels over the years. From just my experience I get the feeling that said person thinks his value is more than it actually should be. Guy relax you're reporting on a theme park, not finding a cure for cancer.
Oh if you only knew about him. He's...something else. Having one of if not the largest unofficial Disney news site will let things go to your head. Any kind of criticism is met with "lol look at the haters" or " they're just jealous and wish they had what I have".

Last edited:

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Phew!

34dacs.jpg

DAR1974

Oh if you only knew about him. He's...something else. Having one of if not the largest unofficial Disney news site will let things go to your head. Any kind of criticism is met with "lol look at the haters" or " they're just jealous and wish they had what I have".

As the Mighty Mighty Bosstones once sang, that's the impression that I get

Magic Feather

In all seriousness though and playing devil's advocate, the Disney Park blog does state...

That statement doesn't seem to exclude the idea of a major change to the show to incorporate Moana (or some other character) while keeping the birds (not unlike what they unsuccessfully did with Iago and Zazu in Orlando or more successfully did with Stitch in Japan). Again, just playing devil's advocate here...
Yeah... I hate to play Devil’s Advocate, but unlike most CBJ proposals, the birds themselves stay in most proposals. I would not count this as a completely safe call, but this is a very vehement denial, signifying confidence in nothing being misconstrued. I know that lots of marketing and PR people are POed at/despise Corless.

Edited for Clarity and Spelling

Last edited:

TrainsOfDisney

but the replacement.... oh wait they cut that too. And the storybook circus entertainment, and Merlin, and banjo brothers & bob, and the saxophone grpup, and the....

trainplane3

Still miss him...
Who doesn't? Any kind of streetmosphere is a plus. Even if it's that weird hoverboarding robot thing we had last year. These little things are what I end up missing the most honestly. It adds way more then management would ever care to admit. Seeing the citizens of Hollywood get whittled down to nothing just straight up sucks.

lazyboy97o

I dont think a talking trash can is on the same level as The Tiki Room, just my humble opinion of course. 🤷‍♂️
It is a recent, very obvious example of how Disney operates with regards to plans and decisions that have not been made public. If it hasn’t been announced then it isn’t happening.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom