Rumor Bye Bye (Tiki) Birdies?

flynnibus

Premium Member
I think this is why you are often at odds with other people, some of us believe that it's not an either-or situation, we believe they Disney can do the things that made them great in the past, and still cater to a modern guest. Some people also don't agree that Disney is "doing the best they can".

Trying to rationalize with the irrational is futile. The lack of self awareness is why she made the list right quick.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Just imagine if they had built a Frozen ride that incorporated some of the Marc Davis concepts for the Enchanted Snow Palace in the Magic Kingdom and actually given us a well paced journey to Elsa's castle that actually has a payoff more substantial then hearing Elsa sing her One Hit Wonder and throw us down the mountain for an awkward anticlimactic singalong of "In Summer".

That WOULD be a 'Potter Swatter'

flynnibus

Premium Member
The problem with Tiki's emptiness (at non-peak times of year) is also the problem with CBJ, People Mover, and CoP: They don't show up on the Disney App in the Wait Times list. That's what people check to see where they should go to next if they don't have a FP and if they don't want to wait an hour: "What has a short wait line?" And these attractions don't appear in that list, so, they get often overlooked.
That is a very interesting observation that i was not aware of!

And i agree, burying it like this will have a huge impact. It makes no sense to have philharmagic on the list under attractiin wait times but not these.

I wonder how many know this fact ...,

Seabasealpha1

Honestly, given the choice between CoP and the Tiki Birds...

I guess they could axe CoP. This will probably cause an uproar...

And haven't they learned that Stitch DOESN'T an attraction make? Nor fix? And as for waxing that whole "it's from Tokyo Disneyland!" angle...let them pull that BS when they decide to give us as much attention to detail and awesome rides instead of the crap we've seen over the last two decades...

If they can keep steam trains and the CoP going...they can keep some pneumatic birds in a tiny showbuilding...

I look for whatever they build over the Tiki birds' grave to mysteriously catch fire...

Sneezy62

Before Pirates, Adventureland was Jungle Cruise, Swiss Family Treehouse, Tiki Room and a soundtrack. It was broad green tropical leaves, bamboo, tree bark and flowers. It opened later in the day than the rest of the park. By the time you got there you had lost the hyper excitement of being at Disney World. The world outside had ceased to exist. The senses had become completely attuned to the sights, smells, sounds, tastes and even feel of the world about you. This was the sunset of a day at Disney World and it was most beautiful after a thunderstorm. You stood in the Tiki Room queue through two shows then the pre show not because the audio-animatronics were so amazing,but because you were completely transported.

I guess the world doesn't really need a place like that anymore.

ABQ

As a child, I had no interest in the Tropical Serenade, further, we couldn't afford to utilize an E ticket on it and instead would use that E for the Haunted Mansion. However, as an adult, I can watch it 3 times in a day and not get bored. Like the Country Bears, it's an unexpectedly enjoyable attraction. It truly took me by surprise how much I liked it. Hopefully Disneyland retains theirs forever.

aladdin2007

i dont have phone numbers but if anyone wants to send a letter in:

Mr. George Kalogridis
President Walt Disney World Resort
PO Box 10000
Lake Buena Vista, FL. 32830

Mr. Bob Chapek
Chairman
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts
500 South Buena Vista Street
Burbank, CA. 91521

and yes I know it will probably be a lost cause but hey the more the better, backlash helped with tower of terror I feel.

RobbinsDad

Before Pirates, Adventureland was Jungle Cruise, Swiss Family Treehouse, Tiki Room and a soundtrack. It was broad green tropical leaves, bamboo, tree bark and flowers. It opened later in the day than the rest of the park. By the time you got there you had lost the hyper excitement of being at Disney World. The world outside had ceased to exist. The senses had become completely attuned to the sights, smells, sounds, tastes and even feel of the world about you. This was the sunset of a day at Disney World and it was most beautiful after a thunderstorm. You stood in the Tiki Room queue through two shows then the pre show not because the audio-animatronics were so amazing,but because you were completely transported.

I guess the world doesn't really need a place like that anymore.
Well said.

KBLovedDisney

This is how I have been feeling about this year + Disney closings/refurbs
stopblowingholesinmyship_zps07aa638e.gif~c200

Kman101

And I'm of the firm belief of if it ain't broke don't fix it. So many replacements could have and should be additions not replacements. I know TDO hates to expand their pocket books so they replace instead of add but all of the parks need additions and not replacements. They're too cheap to refurb and upkeep so they find ways to get rid of something. It's frustrating. Sorry for the double posts. Just trying to give some of those who think we're just negative and living in the past a little more insight into why there's the reaction there is.

Since1976

I never *loved* The Enchanted Tiki Room, but even as a kid going to WDW in the 80s, I understood that the attraction had a lot of history, the original in DL having been overseen by Walt himself. So I could appreciate its odd, outdated charm and its place in theme park lore.

I visit it now mostly to relive my earliest MK trips, rather than because I enjoy it. I hope that my kids have the song stuck in their heads for years to come, like I did.

That said, I would miss the attraction simply being there -- but that's not a good enough reason to keep it around. Like with many things at the Disney Parks, it's better to have our memories of something than to keep it around for nostalgia's sake.

Casper Gutman

I wouldn't always take issue with replacements if they weren't quick fixes that scream lazy. Most of us don't trust what they will replace something with.

This is 100% correct. If this was 1990, the reaction would be different (of course, it's unlikely this would have happened in '90). Disney doesn't deserve fan trust at the moment, and it will take a lot for them to earn it back. Look at the history of Disney replacements: Snow White became a meet and greet, Horizons became M:S, 20,000 Leagues became a hole in the ground for 10 years, Wonders of Life and Cranium Command became a seasonal classroom, WoM became TT, the Animation Tour became an exhibit space for a few reproduced props, Imagination became... something. The list goes on and on.

Why would anyone trust WDW at this point?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom