Bye Bye Pasta Piazza Restorante

woofboy111

Well, at least it hasn't happened yet. I don't know how everyone else feels, but I'm totally against Fast food resturant chains in theme parks. I don't mind one's on Disney Property, like the one outside of AK or the one in Downtown Disney, but I'd much rather have disney food than expensive Mcdonalds food.

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
McDonalds

The one in Dinoland USA at Animal Kingdom is resonable because they sponsored DINOSAUR (the late Countdown to Extinction), but the others have no reason to be there. The reason is that Disney has a contract with McDonalds and they want restaurants in Disney theme parks because the theme parks get tons of money. :mad:

Dizknee_Phreek

well, they already have a small McDonald's in Epcot (before you enter Canada) so i doubt they'll be making a bigger one in the same park....let's hope not anyway. i already see enough of McDonald's where i live (as i'm sure all of us do)...i don't want to travel 13 hours just to see something that i can see when i travel 20 minutes!

As long as they don't take away our last hope, the Electric Umbrella, I'll just grumble and bear it. But I have to agree that I don't appreciate traveling 800+ miles to go to a McDonald's!

woofboy111

Well, if you think about it, the electric umbrella has the same type food as mcdonalds (only better). If they open a Mcdonalds right across the way, I doubt the'll keep both resturants, because face it...more people would eat at the Mcdonalds than the electric umbrella.

Originally posted by woofboy111
Well, if you think about it, the electric umbrella has the same type food as mcdonalds (only better). If they open a Mcdonalds right across the way, I doubt the'll keep both resturants, because face it...more people would eat at the Mcdonalds than the electric umbrella.

I don't know. I've always thought that Electric Umbrella had more variety than McDonald's. It would suck if I couldn't get my chicken ceaser salads anymore! :mad:

woofboy111

Well, I don't know. I try to avoid eating at Mcdonalds (in or out of Disney), but Mcdonalds and the electric Umbrella are both basically hamburger places.

woofboy111

Okay, I'll take it back. The Electric Umbrella is nothing like Mcdonalds, except for the fact that they both serve burgers.

(I won't eat in Mcdonalds, but I'll eat in the electric umbrella!!!)

:D

epcot71

lets try to understand why

i too get sadened when my favorite attraction or store or food place closed down at disney.i am a manager in a supermarket in fla and i can empathize with thier point of view.i hear things like man this place is always busy why did it close??what r they thinking?-i put in perspective to my job-a customer will ask why did we stop carrying his favorite product?-he says he bought one box of his favorite cereal every week. so to him this is alot of slaes.but i broke it down by case sales per year and it worked out to not enough sales to warrent the space when i can spread out on another brand which sells 10 times as much so we take it out of the set.the pizza rst. is same sitiuation but larger scale-u might walk there and saw from 5-6 it was slammed so we think this place is busy all the time and very profitable but in reality it is slow at other times and might actually cost more operate than they are making in sales. i know this sound corporate like but remember disney is a business trying to make money and when u have a money lossing situtation it is time to rethink and adjust

I just can't agree that slowness existed at the restaurant. If anything the parks need more restaurant space not less. I've noticed the steady increase and frustration with the wait at the fast food locations at all of the parks. And if they put in another store like mousegear---then yuck. The old store there was so much better. If its McDonalds, then I will never eat there and I'll be sure to tell Disney---even if I have to grab one of those poll takers at the gates myself! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Tramp

Originally posted by <SRH>
I don't understand why they closed that place. Everytime I walked by there at dinnertime, it was packed. Why would they take out the Fountainview? Isn't that where they sell coffee? Everytime I go in there too, it is loaded with people.

If they close the FOUNTAINVIEW BAKERY, I'm gonna in the fountain everytime I walk past it.

<SRH>

I guess I can answer my own question. I was cleaning out a drawer and came upon a brochure from Epcot from 1988. It lists the Stargate Restaurant, and Beverage Base in Communicore East. The Sunrise Terrace is in Communicore West. I don't know which one preceded the pizza joint though. It also lists the Odyssey Restaurant.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom