Bye bye Mickey soaps?

ChrisM

Then I hope you aren't staying at Pop the week of Thanksgiving.

Have no fear! (from me, at least)

But it's important to consider that pretty much every amenity that aren't sheets and towels are likely not thoroughly cleaned on any sort of regular basis (or at all).

Coffee maker? Peed in dozens of times.

Bedspread, throw, pillows, desktops and probably even the counter-tops? Have felt the gentle caress of uncountable poorly wiped, pimply @$$es.

Enjoy!

Monorail_Orange

Have no fear! (from me, at least)

But it's important to consider that pretty much every amenity that aren't sheets and towels are likely not thoroughly cleaned on any sort of regular basis (or at all).

Coffee maker? Peed in dozens of times.

Bedspread, throw, pillows, desktops and probably even the counter-tops? Have felt the gentle caress of uncountable poorly wiped, pimply @$$es.

Enjoy!

jpeden

In the Parks
No
This is the kind of thing one expects from hotels which rent rooms by the hour in a seedy part of town. Not at a luxury resort like Disney.

Of course with the quality control exercised at Disney (and bean counters saying dont replace if there is more than 5 % left in the bottle). Empty containers will be the next addition to the long list of mousekeeping issues.

Blech! Glad i don't have any disney stays planned.

There's no waste, people. The tiny bottles were built into the cost of your room, and now Disney once again a looks less like a premium resort.

I've stayed at a number of higher end hotels that have moved to this system. Personally, I don't find it cheap or lacking. It's not about the container - it's about the product in the container.

tirian

I've stayed at a number of higher end hotels that have moved to this system. Personally, I don't find it cheap or lacking. It's not about the container - it's about the product in the container.
I honestly have not seen this in any high-end hotels, but maybe it depends on the local city ordinances about recycling and waste. In my state, housekeeping is supposed to throw away unused bottles because they might have been contaminated.

But in Marriotts, Hyatts, and Hiltons in NYC, Chicago, LA, Nashville, Dallas, etc., I've never seen this. Also, I hope everyone who's okay with this realizes you will continue being charged as if you're getting individual amentities.

Last edited:

jpeden

In the Parks
No
I honestly have not seen this in any high-end hotels, but maybe it depends on the local city ordinances about recycling and waste. In my state, housekeeping is supposed to throw away unused bottles because they might have been contaminated.

But in Marriotts, Hyatts, and Hiltons in NYC, Chicago, LA, Nashville, Dallas, etc., I've never seen this. Also, I hope everyone who's okay with this realizes you will continue being charged as if you're getting individual amentities.

I often stay in SPG properties (Westin, etc.) and they are starting to move to it. I like it better simply because I have a thick hair and so does my wife and we always run out of the little bottles usually in a day. This way I don't have to worry about them being replaced by housekeeping.

I understand preference of the smaller bottles and it is nice to take these home, but it's just a test. No need to totally freak out yet people. I can report at Pop as of today they still have the individual bottles.

JoeCamel

The environmental benefit rings hollow when it comes to WDW. If they really wanted to help the environment they wouldn't have paved the swamp and developed an attractive nuisance that causes millions to burn untold amounts of oil getting to the attraction each year. I am no tree hugger but when they say it is less in the landfills while we have all this piled in the swamp it is corporate speak in my ears.

Club34

I'm actually kind of happy to see this. My husband is one of "those" people who on a daily basis empties the bathrooms of unopened soaps and shampoos and throws them in our suitcase to take home. The first time he did this I wasn't too concerned because I didn't think we'd be making more than 1 more trip to Disney in the next 10-15 years, so I kind of liked the thought of having a few reminders of our trip. I actually made up little Disney gift bags for our nieces and nephews that Christmas and included a Mickey head soap in each of their bags. Fast forward 16 years and 7 trips later (all of those trips included 2 rooms or a suite with 2 bathrooms) and we have a small Rubbermaid bin full of Disney soap, shampoo, conditioner, combination shampoo & conditioner, and lotion. Why????? We never use them at home. I think we're saving them for the zombie apocalypse or something. I've donated a bunch to a local women's shelter and I put a set or two in our guest bathroom whenever we have overnight guests and I tell them to take the bottles with them when they leave, but most people don't. I will be very happy if we don't bring anymore of those bottles/soaps home with us. But I'm not going to tell my husband if they do actually switch all the rooms to the full bottles (remember when they had the dispensers in the showers at Pop Century????) because he'd probably go to the dollar store and buy a bunch of small bottles to fill up every day. :rolleyes::D

if you have any of the grapefruit H2O, let me know. love that stuff. ;)

Disorbust

How it looks to me is that you are unable to "remove" the top, looks like there is a lock on it and that they will just be replacing the bottle not refilling it. Which doesn't do much for the environment.

Brer Oswald

Every year, the soaps get less personalized. They used to be full on Mickey with ears, then they were Tinker Bell, now it just says Disney. I guess now we won't get any individual ones anymore. If this is their way of saving money to fix other problems, that's great, but I can't say I wouldn't be disappointed :(.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom