Bye bye Mickey soaps?

Biff215

Is it though? I only looked quickly but I thought that was a key hole on the top bar requiring a key to remove or open the bottles.
Possibly, now that I look closer. Still not a fan, but not the end of the world. I usually bring my own and now I'll make sure I don't forget.

ABQ

DB253BCF-C2BA-4FB6-8A28-51CB8CBC1CD0_zpsgpmizs1m.png

My friend is staying st Coronado and saw this posted! Not sure if this will be resort wide.

I need my Mickey head soaps!!!

Sorry if this has been addressed already :(
I haven't seen Mickey Head soaps in a while, last year it was just these sort of things:

Generic_soaps_and_lotions_5.jpg

Jedi Stitch

I could use the big bottles at home too. My wife used the lotions we got at home. I barely had a bottle of shampoo or conditioner to take back home.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I'm actually kind of happy to see this. My husband is one of "those" people who on a daily basis empties the bathrooms of unopened soaps and shampoos and throws them in our suitcase to take home. The first time he did this I wasn't too concerned because I didn't think we'd be making more than 1 more trip to Disney in the next 10-15 years, so I kind of liked the thought of having a few reminders of our trip. I actually made up little Disney gift bags for our nieces and nephews that Christmas and included a Mickey head soap in each of their bags. Fast forward 16 years and 7 trips later (all of those trips included 2 rooms or a suite with 2 bathrooms) and we have a small Rubbermaid bin full of Disney soap, shampoo, conditioner, combination shampoo & conditioner, and lotion. Why????? We never use them at home. I think we're saving them for the zombie apocalypse or something. I've donated a bunch to a local women's shelter and I put a set or two in our guest bathroom whenever we have overnight guests and I tell them to take the bottles with them when they leave, but most people don't. I will be very happy if we don't bring anymore of those bottles/soaps home with us. But I'm not going to tell my husband if they do actually switch all the rooms to the full bottles (remember when they had the dispensers in the showers at Pop Century????) because he'd probably go to the dollar store and buy a bunch of small bottles to fill up every day. :rolleyes::D
I am right there with you. My wife does the same thing and never uses them. I don't want to just throw them away so I am stuck using soap I don't really like just because it is there and it needs to get used.

Last edited:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
When All Stars opened back in the 90s they had these in every room.

Just some perspective.
They actually had these...

2915c635-a5a5-42b2-916c-eff64f01fca9.jpg._CB317283358__SR300,300_.jpg

They were an off the shelf, could buy in any WalMart, soap dispenser. The problem with them is the leaked like a sieve. Having owned one myself, it was not uncommon for me to fill up all three containers only to find $20 worth of shampoo, conditioner and body wash on the shower floor the next evening. I can only imagine how much soap Disney went through with an entire resort filled with these things.

At least the new dispensers seem to be ones that just hold a pump bottle which should greatly reduce if not eliminate the leaking problem.

Monorail_Orange

They actually had these...

2915c635-a5a5-42b2-916c-eff64f01fca9.jpg._CB317283358__SR300,300_.jpg

They were an off the shelf, could buy in any WalMart, soap dispenser. The problem with them is the leaked like a sieve. Having owned one myself, it was not uncommon for me to fill up all three containers only to find $20 worth of shampoo, conditioner and body wash on the shower floor the next evening. I can only imagine how much soap Disney went through with an entire resort filled with these things.

At least the new dispensers seem to be ones that just hold a pump bottle which should greatly reduce if not eliminate the leaking problem.
I think it becomes a perception problem, though. Guests no longer perceive that up to 5 in the room have to share the small bottle/bar of soap until the next time mousekeeping comes...now they have a relatively large bottle they can pump out to their heart's delight. After all, don't most guests say "more is more, and lots more is even better"?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom