News bye bye bugs: Marvel Land announced, opens 2020

Disney Irish

Premium Member
His point is that the sets in Cartoon Spin are designed to be viewed from 360 degrees, which is fairly unique. Turn your head around on Pirates and more often than not you'll just be seeing spotlights.

Except you’re usually spinning so fast or moving so quickly you can’t see the scenery, which was my point.

Yet if I’m not spinning I can turn my head either left or right on Roger, just like on Pirates, and see all the scenery. I’m just not a fan of the spinning, I don’t know why anyone would question or even have a problem with that.

Professortango1

Except you’re usually spinning so fast or moving so quickly you can’t see the scenery, which was my point.

Yet if I’m not spinning I can turn my head either left or right on Roger, just like on Pirates, and see all the scenery. I’m just not a fan of the spinning, I don’t know why anyone would question or even have a problem with that.

I don't know how fast you're able to spin. Those cars are like modified modern tea cups, you can't get much speed on them. I'm a grown man and its a real effort to spin those things quickly. If you're not spinning, they barely move at a snail's pace and the sets can easily be seen.

I understand not liking the attraction. Heck, I don't like Peter Pan's Flight. But saying the sets aren't viewable because your vehicle spins too much when not actively spinning seems incongruous.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I don't know how fast you're able to spin. Those cars are like modified modern tea cups, you can't get much speed on them. I'm a grown man and its a real effort to spin those things quickly. If you're not spinning, they barely move at a snail's pace and the sets can easily be seen.

I understand not liking the attraction. Heck, I don't like Peter Pan's Flight. But saying the sets aren't viewable because your vehicle spins too much when not actively spinning seems incongruous.

I guess YMMV. It not worth going back and forth on it. You have your opinion I have mine. If you feel Roger's is moving at a snail's pace, then Helmlich must be at a standstill for you because it goes much slower.

Phroobar

Any Marvel news? No? Okay...
giphy.gif

Nope. No Marvel news.

Ismael Flores

I was just wondering, Supposedly the rumor is that the bugs life theater will be expanded to add a 3d shooter dark ride that will be Marvel themed.
Lets hope that it is not just another version of buzz lightyear or Mania, how many shooters do they really need in the resort.

If the rumor is true would it be possible to use the same technology that is being used for the Mickey ride in DHS and also add a shooting element to it? Would make for an interesting idea if people really felt like they were inside an ever changing marvel themed environment.

Phroobar

I was just wondering, Supposedly the rumor is that the bugs life theater will be expanded to add a 3d shooter dark ride that will be Marvel themed.
Lets hope that it is not just another version of buzz lightyear or Mania, how many shooters do they really need in the resort.

If the rumor is true would it be possible to use the same technology that is being used for the Mickey ride in DHS and also add a shooting element to it? Would make for an interesting idea if people really felt like they were inside an ever changing marvel themed environment.
That could be pretty cool actually. A Marvel themed holodeck with lazertag.

TROR

This would go alongside the rumors of them moving the Astro Blasters ride system to Marvel land. I wonder what they'd do with the AA's from Astro Blasters if they closed it. Move them to Midway Mania?

Shigg. W. McGee

There have been rumors that Paris' Marvel Land is getting a Spiderman-themed shooter using the Midway Mania ride-system. I hope that's not what's coming here.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I’m sorry. That sucks.

It'll happen to you as well one day, as you get older changes in your inner ear causes motion sickness. It affects some people earlier in life, like those with childhood ear issues. Others don't get hit with it until they're in their 70s or 80s. But it will happen some day to you too. :p

Sometimes I get affected other times I don't. So unless forced to by family or friends I'm with, I avoid teacups, Roger (as seen in the earlier conversation), and Star Tours (which really is the 3D that gets me because its out of sync).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom