Bye Bye Banjo Brothers and Bob

Sonconato

Original Poster
This is on the times guide for September 25 to October 1:

times.png

Nothing more magical than getting laid off!
And your last day being the 45th anniversary of WDW.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
This really is a big loss. A Tragedy. The Notorious Banjo Brothers and Bob perfectly encapsulate what makes Disney World 'Special' to us and separates it from all of the rest.

Makes me very nervous about the future direction of the park

Do we actually know if they were cut, or did the group just retire after a 17 year run? Just wondering, because if they just retired, I would think the chance of a replacement is higher obviously.

Sonconato

Original Poster
Do we actually know if they were cut, or did the group just retire after a 17 year run? Just wondering, because if they just retired, I would think the chance of a replacement is higher obviously.
Unfortunately, they were definitely cut. After 35 years (one six months shy) of Disney loyalty, two of them didn't know what to do. They were hoping maybe Disney would give them another job. I hope so, because they deserve it.

Disney-Trains

Banjo Brothers were the definition of what Disney's Live Entertainment used to be. I always thought Disney should give them the saloon, since there is no show in there. Seems like people would enjoy a chance to sit down in the A/C, buy some snacks, and listen to some live music.

Before they were cut from the party, it was an absolute tradition for me and my mom to see them each year at the Halloween Party where they played Halloween songs and dressed up their instruments in green lights and cob webs.

Disney of today continues to hire DJ's to play modern songs, and meanwhile cut a perfectly themed trio that actually plays their instruments. :(

Sonconato

Original Poster
Where did the gang usually perform at?
The most common location was on the porch in front of the Country Bear Jamboree. Some times it would be in front of the Frontierland Pin Trading Post and there even had been times they played across the walk where the Woody and Jessie meet and greet location was located. It was really dependent on the sun so guests didn't get too hot or the rain so guests didn't get too wet. Also, the idea was that they were really this roaming surprise band rather than the scheduled entertainment. More than likely, though, they will be in front of Country Bear Jamboree today.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom