Bye Bye Banjo Brothers and Bob

Speedy71

Maybe we hurt Disney where it hurts the most their wallet.

0zHzHEe.gif

Sonconato

Original Poster
For at least the past several years they do appear on a set schedule, though most guests had no idea. Not sure about prior to that, however.
You're 100% correct in that they had a set schedule, however, what I meant was that it was not identified on the schedule that is available to guests, it's only on the CM schedule.

We did get to see their last performance tonight and there was a good crowd enjoying their last show. They hung around for a decent amount of time in front of the Diamond Horseshoe Restaurant talking to everybody and getting photos with guests. It was really nice to see them for the very last time! They will be missed.

ANJ

Just another one of the small things that made the "Disney difference". Sadly as time goes on the only difference between Disney and Anytheme Park America will be the IP. As much as I cringe seeing an act like the Banjo Bros. get the ax. Its been company wide. Good damn loyal cast members have been axed. Cast members who bled Mickey Mouse and all things Disney. I will drop some knowledge. You better see Piano Bob because he too isn't long for this World.........pun intended.

Sonconato

Original Poster
Just another one of the small things that made the "Disney difference". Sadly as time goes on the only difference between Disney and Anytheme Park America will be the IP. As much as I cringe seeing an act like the Banjo Bros. get the ax. Its been company wide. Good damn loyal cast members have been axed. Cast members who bled Mickey Mouse and all things Disney. I will drop some knowledge. You better see Piano Bob because he too isn't long for this World.........pun intended.
So true. Everybody goes crazy for Piano Bob, so it's sad to hear that, too.

NonnaT

I LOVE YeHaa Bob, and I just told a friend to go see him.on her trip next week because I thought the same thing.
How sad...

habuma

I LOVE YeHaa Bob, and I just told a friend to go see him.on her trip next week because I thought the same thing.
How sad...

I always worry a bit about my favorite performers, including Yehaa Bob and the Citizens of Hollywood. The one thing that's different about Yehaa Bob is that he consistently *PACKS* the River Roost Lounge and most everyone there is buying drinks, snacks, etc. I've walked by the River Roost Lounge on one of Bob's nights off and it's relatively dead in there. If Bob were to go away completely, Disney would be losing out on that $$$ coming to see Bob. Sure, there'd always be someone going in to get a drink or two, but it wouldn't be nearly as full as it is Thurs-Sat nights.

As much as I like Banjo Brothers and Citizens of Hollywood, I can't find the same reasoning for keeping them around. I can think of other reasons to keep them, but none that are directly related to $$$.

NonnaT

I always worry a bit about my favorite performers, including Yehaa Bob and the Citizens of Hollywood. The one thing that's different about Yehaa Bob is that he consistently *PACKS* the River Roost Lounge and most everyone there is buying drinks, snacks, etc. I've walked by the River Roost Lounge on one of Bob's nights off and it's relatively dead in there. If Bob were to go away completely, Disney would be losing out on that $$$ coming to see Bob. Sure, there'd always be someone going in to get a drink or two, but it wouldn't be nearly as full as it is Thurs-Sat nights.

As much as I like Banjo Brothers and Citizens of Hollywood, I can't find the same reasoning for keeping them around. I can think of other reasons to keep them, but none that are directly related to $$$.
Maybe guest goodwill???
So frustrating!

Sonconato

Original Poster
They were brought back just for the Christmas party?

And see, the cutting of them is another example of why a lot of us are so jaded around here ... they can raise prices and throw out a bunch of upcharges but can't pay for entertainment. I'm sure they were cut for the Muppets show over in Liberty Square.
Agreed...one of many, many examples.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom