BW vs WL vs DVC AKL - Jambo vs Kidani?

rreading

We have a reservation for BW in Aug...but the last time to WDW we stayed at BCV and while it was great to walk through the international gateway for a measure of convenience (and particularly after the fireworks, to walk back).

HOWEVER, I grew up visiting EPCOT via monorail and felt like I really missed the show by sneaking in the back of the park (kind of like arriving to MK and not seeing the castle - entering at Big Thunder Mountain instead).

So I'm wondering about changing to AKL or VWL. AK as I read that so many love it and I have never stayed there; WL as it is close to MK and it is so nice.

Busses are not my favorite but short of having my own car or staying on the monorail...so it's a necessary evil, I suppose.

If we do stay at AKL, it looks like there's a splash park at Kidani, but are the rooms nice at Jambo? It would be nice to be closer to the restaurants.

Thoughts?

ParentsOf4

We just got back from Kidani Village and are staying at Jambo House this summer, having stayed there in the past. Also have stayed at BWV (our Home Resort) and WL. Let's face it, you can't go wrong with any of them but what's best for one person is not necessarily best for another.

Based on what you posted, consider theming and location. Animal Kingdom Lodge will feel remote. It's perhaps an extra few miles but feels a lot longer while you're sitting on a bus. But it is a truly beautiful, fully-themed resort, WDW in all its glory. IMHO, WL feels much the same but without the exotic animals & African theming but a better location if you intend to spend most of your vacation at MK. I do recall WL rooms feeling smaller than AKL rooms.

It sounds like you were a bit underwhelmed with BCV's location. Funny because I find the Epcot Resorts to have the best locations in all of WDW. Still, if it didn't appeal to you than BWV simply is going to be more of the same.

I'm always a big fan of staying at a resort I've never been to before. If you've never been to AKV, there is something to be said for that "new" (to you) resort feeling.

Have you considered BLT?

Upvote 0

rreading

Original Poster
I agree about novelty; we will be taking my parents though, and BLT will be new to them. Also, the proximity to MK is to us probably the critical feature, despite the price.

We love the area of the Epcot resorts, but the outdated FW of Epcot hasn't lost its novelty for our kids...we'll be frequenting the Epcot resorts more in the future.

Upvote 0

ParentsOf4

I agree about novelty; we will be taking my parents though, and BLT will be new to them. Also, the proximity to MK is to us probably the critical feature, despite the price.

We love the area of the Epcot resorts, but the outdated FW of Epcot hasn't lost its novelty for our kids...we'll be frequenting the Epcot resorts more in the future.
Yes, BLT should work for you. It's a lot of points but great being able to walk to MK. Since it's not our Home Resort, the only thing we seem to be able to get are the Lake View rooms. We stayed in a 2-bedroom villa. The room was nice but a bit "corporate". It reminded me of several new European hotels I've stayed at. Except for the view, of course.:D

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom