News Buzzy’s been stolen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

s8film40

Of course stealing is wrong no matter how easy Disney makes it. When you leave an attraction unlocked for 10 years in a park that attracts millions of people, you really only have yourself to blame though when something turns up missing. You don't have to move things to vaults, just maybe some sensible precautions like locking the doors. When I visit local shopping malls during the holidays the police put up signs that say not to leave valuables in the car and to lock them. This doesn't mean it's not a crime if someone steals something, but the police are simply reminding people to take sensible precautions. One thing this story really does is highlight how lax Disney security really is. Pretty much anyone could just wander into backstage areas. I remember a while back someone even did their own backstage tour with a pretty large group. They were only confronted about taking photos and continued on. Disney is lucky they've only had some thefts, it could be much worse. If someone wandered backstage and hurt themselves or worse, they would likely have some big lawsuits and horrible bad press.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
You make the point the show closed on January 1, 2007. So why then, was it still sitting there rotting until someone stole it at the end of 2018? I get it's a criminal offense what happened here, but maybe this will teach Disney to not just let things sit abandoned for over a decade. And also ramp up security because they are majorly at fault here.
And maybe someone stealing your outdoor A/C unit will teach you to put a security cage over it...

flynnibus

Premium Member
You make the point the show closed on January 1, 2007. So why then, was it still sitting there rotting until someone stole it at the end of 2018? I get it's a criminal offense what happened here, but maybe this will teach Disney to not just let things sit abandoned for over a decade. And also ramp up security because they are majorly at fault here.

The only thing it might lead to is the installation of doors and locks IMO

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Why do I have a feeling Disney is going to try and monetize this with a "Where's Buzzy?" game. They'll sell maps and pins and t-shirts and stuffed Buzzy toys and .........

Squishy

Just watched Matt' s video so I could click on dislike now I am wishing I had not because I gave him another view on his search for publicity
Doesn't really matter if you give him a dislike or not, youtube gives money to those who monetize there video by the views, not dislikes or likes.

matt9112

Judging from his views he’s probably made around $30.00 give or take from YouTube. I use an ad blocker so I don’t know if he has ads on his videos, if he does report it to YouTube he’s making videos while committing a crime, ( Tresspassing ),and he could get banned or at the very least get his ad revenue taken away. YouTube ad revenue is next to nothing but he could use that extra $1.50 a month for gas to the parks. No legitimate company will want their ads on a page that encourages criminal actions.

Yeah it’s like being a tattletale but it’s the society we live in now.

Jimmy Thick- If you didn’t fill out a tax form and submit it, you’re not making anything...

you need to get you sone flashing lights to match.

gustaftp

Yeah, I don’t think it’s really right or can be justified in any way for some guy to start climbing all over the actual open rides at WDW. That’s just straight up trespassing and potentially putting others in danger like mentioned.

Children ride these rides and this guy doesn’t think about things like that. Nor does he care. He’s a kid who thinks nothing bad can happen to him. The kind of guy who drives without insurance, which he admitted to. What if he got in an accident and there was a little 5 year old in the car injured and he has no insurance to cover their bodily injuries. Punks like this guy don’t think about that and don’t care.

I know a lot of you are really into this urban exploration stuff. It was fine when it was in actually deserted areas or the person didn’t actually mess with the stuff. But he goes too far. Climbing all over Cranium Command, etc. It should be a look don’t touch sort of scenario for the most part.

I personally think he should be in jail if he keeps this up. And sooner or later he’s gonna get some heavier consequences that are gonna jack up his life. Just getting caught driving without insurance could get your license suspended, which makes your auto insurance more expensive or impossible to get... could affect your ability to afford to drive at all.

Again, this guy doesn’t care or think about these things. Wayyyy too many people seem to idolize him. What he doesn’t get is, when he finally messes up his life real good... none of those people are gonna care beyond a shrug.
Again,

Burglary is NOT the same as nor truly related to urban exploration.

Burgling a place basically ruins urbex for those of us who go to abandoned spaces simply to observe.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Burgling a place basically ruins urbex for those of us who go to abandoned spaces simply to observe.
And trespassers beget increased security, which impacts the day-to-day experience of those who go simply to enjoy the parks. Look at it this way... the idiots who cruise down I-75 at 85 miles per hour attract cops in planes and speed traps.

gustaftp

And trespassers beget increased security, which impacts the day-to-day experience of those who go simply to enjoy the parks. Look at it this way... the idiots who cruise down I-75 at 85 miles per hour attract cops in planes and speed traps.
Urban explorers have always known that this is a game of cat and mouse.

An urban explorer going backstage to check out an unused attraction space isn’t going to have any impact whatsoever on a typical parkgoer’s experience.

Bleed0range

Again,

Burglary is NOT the same as nor truly related to urban exploration.

Urban exploration is just a fancy, dolled up way term to justify trespassing. An illegal activity. Say what you want however you want to make yourself feel better about it. There’s no justification of it honestly. It is what it is. You can enjoy the videos but it doesn’t make any of it right.

gustaftp

Urban exploration is just a fancy, dolled up way term to justify trespassing. An illegal activity. Say what you want however you want to make yourself feel better about it. There’s no justification of it honestly. It is what it is. You can enjoy the videos but it doesn’t make any of it right.
If a tree falls in a woods and no one hears it, does it make a sound?

People who refuse to delineate any differences between an urban explorer and a miscreant looking to smoke dope in or vandalize a space (typical trespassers) are simply being deliberately obtuse and dishonest.

Just because you don’t appreciate history or forgotten spaces doesn’t mean the activity isn’t justifiable. That’s why most judges tend to look at a person’s motivations behind what that individual does.

Open your dictionary and look up the term “nuance”.

Here are two guys who loved a ride that was slated for closure so much they decided to document all the details they could. It was a labor of love. Too bad you can’t appreciate the hidden details Disney’s finest imagineers put into stuff that you wouldn’t see otherwise.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

People who refuse to delineate any differences between an urban explorer and a miscreant looking to smoke dope in or vandalize a space (typical trespassers) are simply being deliberately obtuse and dishonest.

Just because you don’t appreciate history or forgotten spaces doesn’t mean the activity isn’t justifiable. That’s why most judges tend to look at a person’s motivations behind what that individual does.

Here are two guys who loved a ride that was slated for closure so much they decided to document all the details they could. It was a labor of love. Too bad you can’t appreciate the hidden details Disney’s finest imagineers put into stuff that you wouldn’t see otherwise.

People doing other types of bad things doesn't excuse the bad thing that urbexes do. That's Ethics 101 and will have a judge laugh at you. It's the argument of five-year-olds.

Bleed0range

You’re making me laugh with how hard you’re trying to paint me as someone who doesn’t appreciate history. I appreciate Disney parks history quite a lot, I’ve watched these videos with wonder the first time I saw some of it.

But I’m not going to pretend it isn’t illegal and wrong to be going where you don’t belong on private property. You can call it whatever you want but it is trespassing. WDW isn’t some abandoned space, it’s an active theme park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom