Buzz Lightyear opening?????

SleepingBindy

Original Poster
thanks for the info - maybe should have been clearer to the casual observer....I meant the Buzz ride at DLP.

Just trying to plan a trip to DLP and wanted to go when it had opened.
:wave:

RonAnnArbor

Buzz fits perfectly in that part of the park - it is sort of a hodgepodge that will now have Space Mountain II; The Lion King show; The Orbiter, Star Tours, Honey I shrunk the AUdience, and now Buzz Lightyear, not to mention a train stop (which the europeans consider a "ride", not just a means of transportation). That part of the park still has Autorama raceway as well, but I have not seen it in operation in at least 4 years.

disneydaft

RonAnnArbor said:
Buzz fits perfectly in that part of the park - it is sort of a hodgepodge that will now have Space Mountain II; The Lion King show; The Orbiter, Star Tours, Honey I shrunk the AUdience, and now Buzz Lightyear, not to mention a train stop (which the europeans consider a "ride", not just a means of transportation). That part of the park still has Autorama raceway as well, but I have not seen it in operation in at least 4 years.

Autopia only runs in the high season.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Buzz sticks out like a sore thumb - screaming Pixar all over! Granted, whilst LOTLK is awesome it is out of place (but hidden in a futuristic building) but apart from that Discoveryland will be heading the way of WDW`s Tland if EDLSCA arn`t careful. SM:M2 still has the Verne look on the outside (and it`s looking great since the rehab) and the M:2 backstory continues M:1's instead of replacing it. Autopia is open as disneydaft mentioned - the queues last summer were huge! Star Tours sits as well as it does in Anaheim and Tokyo, as does HISTA. The "train stop" melds the discovery side of the land perfectly - matching all the artwork in the Discovery Arcade for a Wells and Verne view of the future (think Metropolis). Don`t forget WDW was to have a Tomorrowland station too until gradient issues cancelled it.

The big issue is why replace a popular and very well executed attraction when Le Visionarium could have stayed put and Buzz be built at WDSP. Not only are the Studios crying out for rides but it cost 9 million just to remove the Circlevision theatre - how much would a shed with a Buzz facade have cost at the Studios?

This could have also solved (another) appearing problem - the layout of the Studios. Adding Buzz could have given reason to give the go ahead to Sunset Blvd. and attack the poorely planned, land locking tram tour layout now. Buzz and Nemo could have gone where La Terrace and the Reign of Fire set are, with ROF expanding the current tour near Catastrophe Cannyon. Then the Tower of Terror could have taken it`s rightful place as the ultimate Weenie - drawing people a) into the park b) past numerous food and merchandise locations c) past Nemo and Buzz and d) away from the bottleneck of RnRC, LMA and Armageddon. Instead the park is still too small, still hemmed in by the tram tour, and has the ToT virtually as you enter the park itself - not to mention it`s clearly visable from lots of the otherwise perfectly themed Disneyland Parc in it`s chosen location. If as one hopes the ToT draws in the crowds traffic patterns will be a nightmare between Studio One and La Terrace - the `hub` of the park.

Building Buzz at WDSP would have solved so many problems in one fell swoop.

jrriddle

marni1971 said:
The big issue is why replace a popular and very well executed attraction when Le Visionarium could have stayed put and Buzz be built at WDSP. Not only are the Studios crying out for rides but it cost 9 million just to remove the Circlevision theatre - how much would a shed with a Buzz facade have cost at the Studios?

This could have also solved (another) appearing problem - the layout of the Studios. Adding Buzz could have given reason to give the go ahead to Sunset Blvd. and attack the poorely planned, land locking tram tour layout now. Buzz and Nemo could have gone where La Terrace and the Reign of Fire set are, with ROF expanding the current tour near Catastrophe Cannyon. Then the Tower of Terror could have taken it`s rightful place as the ultimate Weenie - drawing people a) into the park b) past numerous food and merchandise locations c) past Nemo and Buzz and d) away from the bottleneck of RnRC, LMA and Armageddon. Instead the park is still too small, still hemmed in by the tram tour, and has the ToT virtually as you enter the park itself - not to mention it`s clearly visable from lots of the otherwise perfectly themed Disneyland Parc in it`s chosen location. If as one hopes the ToT draws in the crowds traffic patterns will be a nightmare between Studio One and La Terrace - the `hub` of the park.

Building Buzz at WDSP would have solved so many problems in one fell swoop.
Someone give Marni a prize!:sohappy:
Absolutely 100% correct!
Buzz would have made so much more sense at the Studios!
Well done sir!

BTW if you haven't seen it this is what we are talking about:
http://www.dlp.info/Guide/News-And-Rumours/Current-News-and-Rumours.asp?newsnr=289#289
(From DLPinfo)

I guess the only "nice" thing I can say about Buzz is that they did not go with a flat cardboard sign.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom