Buying Park tickets at the hotel + Travelocity Woes

Allllex

Hey All,

We booked our vacation on Travelocity.com, and their package availability was pretty crap, so I didn't elect to add the magic your way tickets on at the time (they only offered 3 and 4 day tickets, and I need more days than that.) I can just buy our MYW tickets at check-in and have them attached to my room key, right?

I do know that I'm totally SOL with regard to the meal plan -- I guess you can only book that directly through disney or a travel agent. I tried to have it added on later, and came up empty. Them's the breaks, I guess! Incidentally, if you book with Expedia or Travelocity, calling Disney doesn't help out much -- they can't access your reservation for all the gold in fort knox.

Long story short, I don't think I'm going to book a disney vacation through travelocity again. Saved quite a bit of money, but they're pretty inflexible on the other end of the transaction.

robynchic

Sorry to hear about the troubles. Next time, just try going with one of the special packages Disney has. Otherwise, you can also try booking some of the important stuff now, then the other stuff (tickets, for instance) when you get there.

Upvote 0

Allllex

Original Poster
Yeah, I already have airline and seven nights at CBR booked. I was planning on just buying our MYW tickets when we are checking in -- which I think is how I did it the last time I went. You can still do that, right?

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I think you might be able to add Dining Plan at check-in when you get tickets. I'm not sure. Certainly ask, worst can happen is they say no. :(

Upvote 0

marypoppins68

Can't you buy your tickets online now from Disney? I think you even get some kind of discount if you buy them ahead of time. You can pick the Will Call option and pick them up at any park. My Dad bought his Seasonal Pass that way.

Upvote 0

Allllex

Original Poster
marypoppins68 said:
Can't you buy your tickets online now from Disney? I think you even get some kind of discount if you buy them ahead of time. You can pick the Will Call option and pick them up at any park. My Dad bought his Seasonal Pass that way.

Yes, you can -- but I want my room key to also double as my park pass. :)

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

Allllex said:
Hey All,

We booked our vacation on Travelocity.com, and their package availability was pretty crap, so I didn't elect to add the magic your way tickets on at the time (they only offered 3 and 4 day tickets, and I need more days than that.) I can just buy our MYW tickets at check-in and have them attached to my room key, right?

I'll be happy to help out here.

Yes, you can purchase your Magic Your Way Tickets upon arrival. Since you state you need more then 4 days, if you add either the "Park Hopper Option" or the "Water Park Fun & More Option," you can save money by purchasing your tickets in advance.

The best way ensure you can both encode these tickets on your room key and get the advance savings price is to call Disney directly (407-W-DISNEY) and ask to purchase your tickets on Will Call. You will pay for them in full and receive a ticket order number. With this order number and your Photo ID, you simply present your Resort ID Cards (room keys) and claim your tickets from the Lobby Concierge Desk when you check in to your Resort. The Cast Member will then retrieve your order and encode them on your keys.

Allllex said:
Incidentally, if you book with Expedia or Travelocity, calling Disney doesn't help out much -- they can't access your reservation for all the gold in fort knox.

This is correct. Due to legal reasons concerning the commission your Travel Agent will receive, (in your case Travelocity) we cannot verify, modify, or even acknowledge your reservation exists until you are standing at the Front Desk to check-in.

Allllex said:
I do know that I'm totally SOL with regard to the meal plan -- I guess you can only book that directly through disney or a travel agent. I tried to have it added on later, and came up empty. Them's the breaks, I guess!

MontyMon said:
I think you might be able to add Dining Plan at check-in when you get tickets. I'm not sure. Certainly ask, worst can happen is they say no.

Unfortunately no, you will not be able to purchase the Disney Dinning Plan. This plan is not sold separately, nor can it be added at our Resort Hotels.

The plan must be purchased as park of the "Magic Your Way Package Plus Dinning" vacation package. Meaning you must book the room, tickets, and meal plan together as a package price. Also note, this package cannot be booked less then 2 days prior to arrival.

Long story short, I don't think I'm going to book a disney vacation through travelocity again. Saved quite a bit of money, but they're pretty inflexible on the other end of the transaction

Do keep in mind, when you book with companies such as Travelocity, Expedia, etc, you are booking through a Wholesale company. These companies simply pre-purchase discounted blocks of rooms from us and resell them to their clients via the internet. To keep their cost down, (and profits up) most of their transactions are done electronically so staffing is kept at a bare minimum. Hence the limited offerings, and lack of customer service.

Hope this helps! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Allllex

Original Poster
Yes, you can purchase your Magic Your Way Tickets upon arrival. Since you state you need more then 4 days, if you add either the "Park Hopper Option" or the "Water Park Fun & More Option," you can save money by purchasing your tickets in advance.

Okay, so how much do I save when buying them in advance? The WDW website doesn't seem to be running any current park ticket promotions that I can see. It also says that will call tickets can be picked up at the gate, but doesn't mention the resorts -- is this missing just to keep those pages simple for the vast majority of people buying tickets-only in advance?

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

Allllex said:
Okay, so how much do I save when buying them in advance? The WDW website doesn't seem to be running any current park ticket promotions that I can see. It also says that will call tickets can be picked up at the gate, but doesn't mention the resorts -- is this missing just to keep those pages simple for the vast majority of people buying tickets-only in advance?

The advance savings is available year round when you purchase a 4 day (or larger) Magic Your Way Ticket with either the "Park Hopper Option" or the "Water Park Fun & More Option" before you arrive in Florida. The savings will vary from $2 to $9 per ticket depending on the number of days (4-10) you choose. If you add both options, you will save an additional $10 per ticket. The advance prices are reflected on our website, the gate prices are not.

When anyone purchases tickets on Will Call via the Internet or phone, they can pick them up at any ticket window at each of the 4 Theme Parks, or Guest Services at Downtown Disney. Only Disney Resort Guests have the added option to pick up Will Call Tickets at the Resort they are staying at and have them encoded on their Resort ID Key To The World Cards, hence the reason this is omited from our website.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Allllex said:
How many days are you looking for and what options did you need such as Park Hopping, Water Parks & More or No Expiration? Belle

Upvote 0

shybre

does anybody know anything about the ticket brokers in orlando, i went directly through the dolphin hotel and booked my room with one of their internet specials through their parent company now i just have to buy tickets and i was doing some research it seems as though the ticket brokers sell their tickets for a lot cheaper then disney world just wanted to know if anybody had any opinions about them and which company is the most reliable.

Upvote 0

Allllex

Original Poster
wannabeBelle said:
How many days are you looking for and what options did you need such as Park Hopping, Water Parks & More or No Expiration? Belle

I think we're going to do six day park hopper, water parks + more and not opting for the no expiration.

Upvote 0

Allllex

Original Poster
shybre said:
does anybody know anything about the ticket brokers in orlando, i went directly through the dolphin hotel and booked my room with one of their internet specials through their parent company now i just have to buy tickets and i was doing some research it seems as though the ticket brokers sell their tickets for a lot cheaper then disney world just wanted to know if anybody had any opinions about them and which company is the most reliable.

Just make sure they're not going to put you in a room and sweat several thousand dollars out of you before finally letting you go to WDW. :)

Upvote 0

shybre

I just found two companies on the net they'll ship the tix to me ticketmania and dwtickets i am trying to do some research to make sure i am purchasing from a reliable company

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

Allllex said:
I think we're going to do six day park hopper, water parks + more and not opting for the no expiration.

The advance price with tax would be: $292.89 per Adult (age 10+) and $257.75 per child (age 3-9)

The gate price with tax would be: $311.00 per Adult (age 10+) and $270.52 per child (age 3-9)

You will save $18.11 per Adult and $12.77 per child by purchasing in advance.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom