Buying food for DVC Suites

belleNbeast

Original Poster
I just bought into the DVC last month and have my first trip planned for 2011 in BLT. I remember hearing about a service that will go out and buy your groceries for a fee...does anyone have any experience/information with that service??

greebomusic

We used Garden Grocer on our last trip and besides one loaf of bread being not what we ordered (they fixed it the next day), everything else was just fine. And the prices aren't too far off what we pay at home.

mousefan1972

We just returned from 10 nights at BWV and used Garden Grocer. Had no issues at all. I received a text, and a voicemail that they had dropped off our order with bell services. (we were on the ME bus) When we picked up our stuff everything was in order. I would definitely use them again.

kaos

I usually drive down, so a quick trip to Publix is all I do; however, on those rare trips where we fly and use ME instead of renting a car or driving in from PBI, we generally find that the food prices in the "convient" stores at the DVC villas aren't that different from a 7/11 or other food marts. Besides, when you factor in gas these days, it may actually be a little cheaper.

toolsnspools

We used the food order form that came through DVC. The food was delivered right to the room, and we had no issues with them. The prices were high, but no higher than you would expect at Disney. The grocery lists (with prices) are availabe on DVCMember.com

lisa2465

I am planning my first dvc trip this nov/dec 2011 also and staying at BLT. In reading the previos posts on grocery delivery does anyone know if thier is a place where we can buy small alcohol drinks for the room?? We are not big drinkers it's just my mom likes a small drink when we arrive back in the room. Any help would be greatly appreciated

greebomusic

I am planning my first dvc trip this nov/dec 2011 also and staying at BLT. In reading the previos posts on grocery delivery does anyone know if thier is a place where we can buy small alcohol drinks for the room?? We are not big drinkers it's just my mom likes a small drink when we arrive back in the room. Any help would be greatly appreciated

The resorts I've stayed at usually carry some alcohol in the gift shops.

DisneyFan1003

We've used Garden Grocer several times (thanks to tips here on the boards) and have been very happy. Just order online and they'll deliver to the resort!

Erin_Akey

For our first DVC villa stay, we used the grocery order form on the DVC member site. Prices were a bit high.

Ever since that trip, we have used Garden Grocer and LOVE it. Prices are better and so is selcetion. When we were down for the marathon weekend last week, the delviery guy came in and put everything away for us even.

LOVE Garden Grocer.

dizzney

Best advice is to buy in your store, at BWV there is a decent selection to purchase.

As an fyi, We invested last trip in these armour sleeves that you can put a bottle in and carry in your luggage, even if the bottle broke, it wouldnt leak out as its sealed. We brought wine in our luggage down that way. They worked great. I cant remember if I purchased at Brookstone online or a site devoted to traveling, but I recommend them

Mrs Potts

We've always used (and been very pleased with) Garden Grocer. But I know several people who use We Go Shop and love them as well. I think the main difference is that at We Go Shop, you can specify what store you want them to use.

DVC Dave

When we fly we usually take a Happy Limo town car to the resorts. They Offer a 30 minute free grocery stop - We have chosen Publix in the past.

When we drive we head over to super target or publix.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
We've used Garden Grocer on two different occasions and have been happy with the service. Prices are higher than you'll find at an off-property grocery store, but the convenience factor is worth it. They are still cheaper than much of the DVC grocery list (with a massively larger selection), and definitely cheaper than the Gooding over by DTD!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom