Bushes at Disney World

TheDScoop

Original Poster
No. Not the green foliage kind.

I'm talking the elected kind. It looks like they've taken over the monorail resorts for part of today.

In particular, I heard from Public Affairs that President Bush is at or near the Grand Floridian today while his younger brother and FL guv, Jeb, is holding court at the Contemporary today (rumors that Bush mother Barbara is sunning on the Polynesian resort beach 'til sundown remain unconfirmed).

Apparently, there have been some delays so plan accordingly.

Scoop.

lens300

"President George W. Bush spoke to supporters Thursday afternoon at a campaign fund-raising luncheon.

Bush touted his accomplishments and touched on the themes for his upcoming re-election campaign, WESH NewsChannel 2 reported.

He had a message for lawmakers about Medicare overhaul -- don't go home without one. The president called on Congress to finish action on a plan giving Medicare a prescription drug benefit "before the year is out."

Congressional Republicans are hoping to get a bill to Bush's desk before adjourning for the year later this month. Senate leaders proposed a compromise on a key issue Wednesday -- the cost-saving idea of subjecting traditional Medicare to competition from private plans. The compromise would postpone and limit the competition.

But most Democrats reject the idea entirely as an assault on Medicare's financial base.

It's the 17th time Bush has visited Florida during his presidency.

Bush arrived on time at Orlando International Airport aboard Air Force One just before 11 a.m. He then headed to the Grand Floridian Resort at Walt Disney World for the luncheon.

The president will also make a stop at the Englewood neighborhood center in Azalea Park for a speech about Medicare.

Bush will also travel to Fort Myers to attend a fund-raiser at a private residence before returning to Washington later Thursday night.

Gov. Jeb Bush Joins President Today
The president's brother, Gov. Jeb Bush, is also in Orlando Thursday.

The governor gave a state-of-education address at Disney's Contemporary Resort and Convention Center in Lake Buena Vista. He was joined by Lt. Gov. Toni Jennings and Education Commissioner Jim Horne. "

Pioneer Hall

And the state doesn't want the train system to go right to WDW. Seems like the Conference area of choice is WDW, not the Orange County Convention Center.

WDWSwashbuckler

Ooooh, fancy pantsy schmancy plancy... ok, I've run out of z's... Anyways, do they tighten the security for guests majorly if the President is there? That would make for a pretty stupid visit in a way...

Moustronaut

I saw the crowd of news trucks in the parking lot of the GF Ballroom from the express monorail about 1:00. After talking with some of the cast members, they didn't know he was coming until they saw it on the local news last night. They just knew it was a special event.

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by Moustronaut
I saw the crowd of news trucks in the parking lot of the GF Ballroom from the express monorail about 1:00. After talking with some of the cast members, they didn't know he was coming until they saw it on the local news last night. They just knew it was a special event.

I would assume that they keep it secret from just about everyone. Only the top exec's and hotel manager probably know when the president will be coming. Everyone else as you said just knows that it is a very special event.

SAVN4DISNEYTRIP

Well, take it from a guy that just handled a POTUS visit. The folks at WDW had their hands full. The POTUS staff can be *ahem* rude and VERY demanding. I imagine movements by guests of the GF, CONT, Poly were frequently restricted during the day. Hope it didn't ruin anyone's vacation!

BwanaBob

Boy!...This is really going to be eaten up by Bush critics!

I can see it now!...

"Mickey Mouse to host Mickey Mouse politics"

mikeb_86

I dont think thay whent to the parks. Does anyone know if he went in the parks since ofaces. The news on this topic says only at the Polly. In other news i dont think so!!!

mikeb_86

civileng68

Account Suspended
time

Originally posted by mikeb_86
I dont think thay whent to the parks. Does anyone know if he went in the parks since ofaces. The news on this topic says only at the Polly. In other news i dont think so!!!

mikeb_86

He didnt go into the parks. In fact he was only there a very short time, and in fact was there such a short time, he was back in orlando on Air Force One for the maybe 30 minute flight down to Ft. Myers, FL for a fund raiser and was in fact flying out of Ft. Myers by 7:00 pm.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Re: yeah but

Originally posted by civileng68
Well at least they're not walking around with hard on's all day.

whoops did I say that?

Better that, than starting a war over lies (Where are the Weapons of Mass Destruction? And how come innocent soldiers have to keep dying cause of this farce?).

*and *cough* for personal gain *cough* Halliburton Iraq Contracts+Cheney=$$$ Halliburton+oil field reconstruction contracts+bush=$$$*...

Ooooops... did I say that outloud? :confused: :lookaroun

:D :wave:

darthdarrel

Re: Re: yeah but

Originally posted by DMC-12
Better that, than starting a war over lies (Where are the Weapons of Mass Destruction? And how come innocent soldiers have to keep dying cause of this farce?).

*and *cough* for personal gain *cough* Halliburton Iraq Contracts+Cheney=$$$ Halliburton+oil field reconstruction contracts+bush=$$$*...

Ooooops... did I say that outloud? :confused: :lookaroun

:D :wave:
OH? You mean the SAME Weapons of Mass destruction that CLINTON insitsted Sadam Hussein had??? HMMMM Makes you wonder... They are probably hidden in Iran or Saudi Arabia.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Re: Re: Re: yeah but

Originally posted by darthdarrel
OH? You mean the SAME Weopons of Mass destruction that CLINTON insitsted Sadam Hussein had??? HMMMM Makes you wonder... They are probably hidden in Iran or Saudi Arabia.

You know what... I am not going to debate politics with you, cause all your views have a strong Republican slant, and I would really hate to lose a friendship over that. :) *exits this thread, that I hope Steve deletes* :wave:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Hey Guys, remember this isnt a forum for political debate. Lets just stick to the WDW discussion. Thanks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom