Busch Gardens

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Original Poster
Ok thread police if this is the wrong place well confiscate my pin lanyard.

I have a simple question as my next trip will be longer than normal is it worth a trip to visit this place or is it just an amusement park?
Put it another way Cirque de Solei or Busch gardens, as they cost the same.

CmdrTostada

I wish I would be able to help you out on exactly what to decide but since I live only an hour away from busch and two from WDW I cant say which would be well spent since I can go whenever I want. But Busch Gardens is a thrill park. They have 6 rollercoasters, 4 steel, and one dueling wooden. They also have animals which is pretty cool to see. I for one love Cirque Du Soleil, if I had to choose I would say Cirque Du Soleil, but I dont really like thrill rides, so it all depends on your preferences.

CAPTAIN HOOK

I think a trip to BG represents better value for money than a performance at CdS. I'm not knocking CdS its just my own opinion of what I'd do if faced with the same dilema

woofboy111

Busch gardens rides usually have long lines, and you can't really spend a whole day there (you can, but you'll be riding everything more than once). They do have some of the best coasters around though. Kumba and Montu are great, but if you don't like coasters, there isn't enough animal stuff to keep you busy. Also, BG has the rudest staff around. They are far enough from the orlando area that they don't even have to try to compete.

Cirque du solei would probably be my choice (because I've been to BG so many times). I've never seen la Numba, but I have seen some of their other shows like Allegra which were great, so I would reccomend it. You could always spend the rest of the day exploring all of the disney hotels and downtown disney.

Chestermunch

Originally posted by tenchu
Quite a long drive from the rest of the attractions and you need to like coasters.

If you're staying in Florida there is a free bus from outside Seaworld which will take you straight to Busch Gardens.

My fiancee and I drove down last time and what a long uneventful ride it is. Also, we found the park was poorly signposted. We followed a map and eventually found it, although on final approach you seem to be driving through a run down neighbourhood (no offence to anyone who lives there) and the park appears all of a sudden.

ps we loved it when we got there. It makes AK appear as a cheap rip off, which I guess it must be!

ukcoasterfreak

BG is good but if you are wanting animals AK is much better. If you want rides and FANTASTIC coasters BG is well worth the trip but you do have to brave the brunt of a load of idiots they emply as they have terribly arrogant staff. Also plan carefully as if you come on a busy day they have no FASTpass or Express pass system and queues can get terrible and if you are staying in Orlando you don't want to waste another day trekking all the way to Tampa.

Disney4648

I would take a trip to Busch Gardens. Its a very big park with many rides. My favorite ride is the Montu rollercoaster. Its near the front of the park. Rhino Rally is also a very cool ride but the line for the wait is usually about 2 hours and there arent any fastpasses at Busch Gardens.

Figment1986

Originally posted by Disney4648
I would take a trip to Busch Gardens. Its a very big park with many rides. My favorite ride is the Montu rollercoaster. Its near the front of the park. Rhino Rally is also a very cool ride but the line for the wait is usually about 2 hours and there arent any fastpasses at Busch Gardens.

Rhino Rally, Too bad it is lammer now though, I road it the first month befor ethe incident, and then road it the day it reopened, It had a huge change, But if U are navagator, Pick LEFT, PICK LEFT, NOT RIGHT< BUT PICK LEFT.

ukcoasterfreak

When I was on it took right...what happens on the left?

Also I know just after it opened it had to be modified as the cars tipped over. Where guests in the cars when this happened? And I also heard some of the rhinos charged the cars.

Figment1986

To Go onto the WATER SECTION of the Ride, U have to Go left, if you go right, You will return safely to the station, which aint fun at all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom